• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[NSFW] The cartoon thread

FHSyU5EXEAI4Ugw

Actually I find this one to be remarkably true.
IMX most people who fill their lives with anger at the world around them are really deeply unhappy with their own lives, and the anger abates if they are able to come to terms with their inner demons (or inner ghosts in this case).

I would put this in the funny pictures thread, but there is no commentary allowed and it needs an explanation.

Many years ago I had a good friend who was training in Jeet Kune Do (the martial art that Bruce Lee created from other martial arts). My friend who was tasked with studying the writings of Bruce Lee as part of his training was surprised to learn that the Straight Punch that Lee incorporated into Jeet Kune Do was taken from Boxing, and more specifically from the boxer Jack Dempsey. Lee had studied Dempsey's style, and punching theory from Dempsey's book "Championship Fighting". So my friend decided he would need to read that book as well. It turned out it was a rather rare book at the time with only a limited print when it was released in 1950. As such the book cost him something like $150 in the mid 1990s.

When the book arrived in the mail he went off to start reading it immediately. It wasn't long after that that he came and found me, laughing, to show me the following picture in the book that Dempsey presented to demostrate his theory on using body weight and gravity in your punching motion:

1649623965295.png

I think of this picture more often than I probably should....

Back
Top Bottom