• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Bible

Around 1950 BCE...

31 Terah took his son Abram and his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went out together from Ur of the Chaldeans to go into the land of Canaan; but when they came to Haran, they settled there.

There were no Chaldeans in 1950 BCE. The Chaldeans ruled Babylon, Ur was a city in the Babylonian empire, from 626 BC to the year Cyrus the Great conquered the empire in 539 BC.

31 Terah took his son Abram and his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went out together from Ur of the Chaldeans to go into the land of Canaan; but when they came to Haran, they settled there.

There were no Chaldeans in 1950 BCE. The Chaldeans ruled Babylon, Ur was a city in the Babylonian empire, from 626 BC to the year Cyrus the Great conquered the empire in 539 BC.
You trust secular sources, I trust the Bible...

How could Isaac have accepted Christ?

Unchecked Copy Box

Gen 17:19
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him
Actually by some beliefs, Jesus went to Shoel (possibly misspelled) and preached there during the period between his death and resurrection. Those that accepted him would then be as those who accepted him after the resurrection.

Actually by some beliefs, Jesus went to Shoel (possibly misspelled) and preached there during the period between his death and resurrection. Those that accepted him would then be as those who accepted him after the resurrection.
Sheol, as in the original Hebrew/ Israeli afterlife, a very old concept. A bleak place.

How could Isaac have accepted Christ?

Unchecked Copy Box

Gen 17:19
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him
what?

So you and tosca and ijm are in complete harmony with each other? Coulda fooled me.
They have faith in what they believe, I have faith in what I believe...faith is faith...

They have faith in what they believe, I have faith in what I believe...faith is faith...

So faith can lead to many disparate beliefs. Doesn't make faith very special at all.

Not too difficult to write 'prophecies' after the event being 'prophesied'
:rolleyes:

The Old Testament prophecy on the Messiah? By people who didn't believe in Christ?

Then, someone volunteered to play the role of the Messiah - knowing that He will have to be crucified in order to fulfill what He knew to be a fake prophesy? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom