• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The benevolence of gun control, were not after your guns.

I agree, I don't see how anyone can extend an excuse that far, to compare any kid in the inner city that willfully joins a gang shooting up the "Hood" for street cred and crack rock money to a child brutally kidnapped from murdered parents and forced to fight a war under threat of death is astounding.

Spend some time there, you'll better understand the choices that aren't really choices.

Spend some time there, you'll better understand the choices that aren't really choices.

No doubt. I lived on the outskirts of DC and went to Suitland High back in the 70s. There was a thug culture back then that would pull anyone trying to better themselves down. It seems it has only gotten worse. A violent minority affects the lives of decent people that do not have the power to fight it. Something could be done to change the culture that glorifies it but there does not appear to be the will.

I agree, I don't see how anyone can extend an excuse that far, to compare any kid in the inner city that willfully joins a gang shooting up the "Hood" for street cred and crack rock money to a child brutally kidnapped from murdered parents and forced to fight a war under threat of death is astounding.

The problem is that many of these kids are given two choices. Join the gang to protect themselves or die. I know of kids who were lucky enough to have a parent/parents that were dedicated enough to get their kids out of that environment, but many do not have that kind of support or resources.

I lived all over the world and gone to Department of Defense schools much of my school years. Most of the black kids I grew up with had parents that would kick their ass if they had issues at school or did not do their homework. To tell the truth, if I had I never seen that side and only grew up seeing what I saw in Suitland, I would be one racist son of a bitch and assume all of them were thugs.

I am in no way saying that your belief makes you racist. I am saying that sometimes you need to see the big picture and sometimes things are not so cut and dry.

Back
Top Bottom