• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The average American has been to five of these places. How about you?

How many have you been to?

• Total voters
Saint Augustine is worth the visit by grin00000000000uojoutn pind support if you
If I said the cat walked over the keyboard would you believe me?
:oops:

7. All in the same trip (only time I've been to the US).

Bryce Canyon National Park (in Utah), while not really a canyon, is very impressive. I can’t imagine why the dopey “Hollywood” sign made the list instead.

I don't understand the Hollywood sign either. I can think of many beautiful places, many rich in history while others are just magnificent natural beauties that makes it shameful that the Hollywood sign made the list and they didn't.

Rocky Mountain National Park is nice but the Canadian Rockies never fail to blow me away.
I agree. They are more vertical (steep and jagged) and the forests are more lush. That said, the San Juans, Elks and Sangre de Cristos all have impressive peaks.

I've been to nearly all of those places, except for about 5... basically the really shitty places like The French Quarter, Mall of America, Chicago River, and the Everglades.

Ironically, I have also never been TO the Hollywood sign even being born and raised in the Los Angeles area. I have been near the sign many times (Griffith Park Observatory, The Greek Theater, Mulholland Drive. But the hike to the sign is a very touristy thing to do on a trail littered in dog shit, hypodermic needles, and empty beer cans. No reason to hike there.

Road to Hana: The BEST way to Hana is the back road on the dry side of the island. Far less traffic and tourists, and some of the best ocean views on Maui.

I wonder why Pearl Harbor, Sept 11 memorial, Ford Theater, Dealy Plaza, and Cape Canaveral did not make the list?

Only about 4-5 for me. I spent the rest of my youth visiting the rest of the world: been all over Asia, ME, Africa and Europe. Lived in four countries.

I wonder why Pearl Harbor, Sept 11 memorial, Ford Theater, Dealy Plaza, and Cape Canaveral did not make the list?
In addition to the 25 on the list I have visited, I have been to all the ones you mention except the Ford Theatre. We have travelled the States extensively. I wondered why the Smithsonian wasn't on the list

Back
Top Bottom