• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The art of stealing an election

Thought this was going to be about conservatives gerrymandering, and doing their best to deny minorities their right to vote.

Those are much more applicable as they are actually true, and well documented.

Jerrymandering has little effect on statewide elections. Not all democrat propagandists are aware of that key fact.

I don't think many States actually make their counties conform to a minimum standard and they don't need a Federal Law or Federal money to do that.
What I'm saying is if the feds wanted to pressure states into complying to a certain standard they could make federal funding of some program contingent upon their voting laws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Leftist ****show in Florida isn't anything new. Start putting some kooker leftists in jail and that kind of crap will stop.

What if we didn't count the votes of white women? They don't know what they're doing, anyway. Votes should have fractional or multiplicative value based on identity. Surely this is a better way to do elections and this Fla problem would clear right up.

Maybe we need to get rid of early voting. If you want to vote go stand in line on election day. If it's too much effort for you then your vote is not that important.

Standing in line is voter suppression in action. I have always voted in person, and have never had to stand in line more than a minute while the person in front gets their voting slip in 50 years of voting. there should not only be sufficient polling places to cope with the numbers, they should all be accessible to the local electorate. If the nearest poll is five miles away, or set inside a gated community, then that's voter suppressu=ion too.

Leftist ****show in Florida isn't anything new. Start putting some kooker leftists in jail and that kind of crap will stop.

Why do use an American Flag when you hate your country and countrymen?

Yes it would a fictional book for people who still can not accept our President. President Trump!!
Hillary would be the first customer. :doh

Two years in and people still are lost.

Yes Trump lost the House and 7 governorships and they just keep on losing.

Maybe we need to get rid of early voting. If you want to vote go stand in line on election day. If it's too much effort for you then your vote is not that important.

Typical Republican response ......... make voting harder and more difficult.

That's gonna hurt the military vote.

Long way to go.

Standing in line is voter suppression in action. I have always voted in person, and have never had to stand in line more than a minute while the person in front gets their voting slip in 50 years of voting. there should not only be sufficient polling places to cope with the numbers, they should all be accessible to the local electorate. If the nearest poll is five miles away, or set inside a gated community, then that's voter suppressu=ion too.
I don't object to more booths and polling locations. My point is that if there is a problem with the early voting and the absentee voting, eliminate it. If you want to vote, show up at the polling place. End of problem.

Typical Republican response ......... make voting harder and more difficult.
If showing up to a voting booth is too difficult of a task for you, then you should not vote.

That's gonna hurt the military vote.

Long way to go.
I considered that. I see no reason why the military could not set up voting booths on base for them.

If showing up to a voting booth is too difficult of a task for you, then you should not vote.

Typical republican response - - - - - - lets make it more difficult to vote. :doh:roll:

I considered that. I see no reason why the military could not set up voting booths on base for them.

How would that work when there are troops from all 50 states and our Territories on every base?

Early and absentee voting works GREAT where I'm from, maybe it should be fixed where there are problems; it could happen.

We have 50 states with 50 sets of election laws, standards, processes etc. We still have states that do not have a paper backup to their ballots. It is patently ridiculous. Unless we attack the issue at its foundation, we are pissing into the breeze. But it is categorically ridiculous to attack counting centers, to breach counting centers during the count because then you have nobody to hold responsible for the count. The state is responsible for its process. The county counting centers are responsible for the count.

States should be held to a minimum standard for their processes and Counties should be held responsible for their counts. Attacking either DURING the process of election is laughably absurd. You accomplish neither. We just end up embarrassing ourselves worse.

Lawbreaking partisans who insist on counting ballots in secret only in the presence of other like-minded partisans is not only immoral and unethical, it is flagrantly illegal.

I don't object to more booths and polling locations. My point is that if there is a problem with the early voting and the absentee voting, eliminate it. If you want to vote, show up at the polling place. End of problem.

But there isn't. My state takes the time to verify signatures on early voting ballots.

It is an extra level of security...are you against checking for vote fraud?

Lawbreaking partisans who insist on counting ballots in secret only in the presence of other like-minded partisans is not only immoral and unethical, it is flagrantly illegal.

In AZ they are counting ballots, there are observers from Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian and non party members, and it is being done live on a web cam.

Don't stir the pot with blatant lies.

but the right wing propaganda media told the redneck rightie trump supporters that the democrats were stealing the election.

truth is

all the votes haven't been counted yet and now because the election is so close every vote counts. now we are going to have a hand recount. i was living in broward county during the hanging chad debacle. this could get interesting.

republicans want to suppress voting by certain segments of America's population. these votes are.coming from the wrong team.

democrats want to grow the voting base. republicans vote if the democrats can get their people to vote they outnumber republicans badly and can win elections. this election shows what can be done. if they just could have motivated another 10% of their base it would have been a sweep.

Republicans want to eliminate the possibility of fraud. Broward County democrat elections officials have already been found guilty of destroying evidence in a previous voter fraud investigation. For these crooks to disobey laws designed to make the counting transparent and without suspicion of tampering gives rise to reasonable suspicions that they are again committing fraud and trying to hide it from the public.

How would that work when there are troops from all 50 states and our Territories on every base?

Early and absentee voting works GREAT where I'm from, maybe it should be fixed where there are problems; it could happen.
If your in the military and plan to vote, you tell them and they have a ballot there for you for your state and district. They can count the votes on base and notify each state of what the vote totals are.

If early and absentee voting worked great we would not be having these problems.

But there isn't. My state takes the time to verify signatures on early voting ballots.

It is an extra level of security...are you against checking for vote fraud?
I'm not against it at all. I honestly don't understand how online banking can securely manage people's accounts but we can't figure out a way where people can log in a vote remotely in a secure manner.

Since we cant, and we can't even manage to keep track of early and absentee ballots, I say scrap it and go back to K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) method. Let everyone who wants to vote show up on the same day and do so.

I'm not against it at all. I honestly don't understand how online banking can securely manage people's accounts but we can't figure out a way where people can log in a vote remotely in a secure manner.

Since we cant, and we can't even manage to keep track of early and absentee ballots, I say scrap it and go back to K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) method. Let everyone who wants to vote show up on the same day and do so.

My state doesn't spend the money on the people or equipment, plus, AZ had a record turnout on Tuesday. They have kept track of early ballots, the problem is the bottleneck of counting them.

I'd rather it take time to do it right than to rush it and do it wrong.

In AZ they are counting ballots, there are observers from Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian and non party members, and it is being done live on a web cam.

Don't stir the pot with blatant lies.

If Brenda Snipes had been following the Arizona example she would have never been faced with a lawsuit for breaking elections laws.

In my state, every ballot is numbered and linked to a voter by signature. Unless Florida is different, this shouldn't really be too hard to figure out. I don't know why this would look like dem cheating. Why would the dems hide ballots in districts where they usually have a majority? Occam's razor calls BS.

My daughter votes absentee because she is a college student but still maintains her ties to home. My mom votes absentee because her back is destroyed and it's hard for her to get to the polls - and really bad when there is a line of any kind. Which one should we take away?

The problem seems to be stuffed ballot boxes. Sure most votes are democrat to begin with but coming up with tens of thousands of votes after the election is suspicious and the fact that the democrat precinct workers refuse to obey election laws in their secretive 'discovery' process is inexcusable.

Seems controversies with Broward County Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes and elections has been going on a long time.

For decades, the county has regularly been a hot zone for election-night chaos in both statewide and national races, including the infamous 2000 presidential election. Years of problems have only slapped additional coats of paint on the county’s sordid reputation as a black hole for ballots. Broward County Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes, the target of Scott’s legal action, has been accused in recent years of illegally destroying ballots and mismanagement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...nce-broward-countys-troubled-election-history

Counties in the Florida pan handle were pretty much wiped off the map by the hurricane a few weeks back, yet managed to report the count of their ballots cast on time. Why not Broward County?

Raises the question of total incompetence or purposefulness, given such consistency of same and similar controversies over that many years.

Its been claimed that in Broward County, they'll keep counting until they get the election results they want. :shrug:

Also rather telling is that the Clinton's law firm, Perkins Coie, Marc Elias is spearheading the recount effort to keep Floridian Bill Nelson in the U.S. Senate.

Is this another Fusion GPS moment in the making here? If the Clinton's or those in their orbit are even remotely involved, there's more than sufficient reason to be suspicious and suspect of the motivations at play.

Back
Top Bottom