• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The Anarchists Have Taken Over" -- The Idiocy Of Harry Reid...

They did legitimize the government; they became lawmakers! That's almost like an atheist wishing to legitimize their philosophy by joining a church! :roll:

That's kind of the point....

Anarchists wouldn't run for office.

Anarchists wouldn't vote for politicians.

Anarchists wouldn't support funding things like a military or federal law enforcement.

Anarchists wouldn't support ANY level of government social welfare, ANY level of foreign aid, ANY level of financing of national land, ANY level of subsidies to companies, ANY level of regulation, ANY level of taxation, etc.

Please...explain to me how it is that Tea Partiers, or Republicans in general, are accurately referred to as "anarchists" if across the board they ROUTINELY and CONTINUALLY are in favor of things antithetical from the very notion of anarchy

Harry Reid believes in government; the Tea Party does not and that's anarchism.

Please define what you mean by "believe" in government? Are you suggesting that the Tea party doesn't think government exists? Or are you suggesting that the Tea Party doesn't trust government? Or that they don't want there to be a government?

You realize the definition of anarchy is a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable right? You suggest that the Tea Party believes ALL forms of government authority to be unnecessary and undesirable. So you have something that suggest the Tea Party believes that all law enforcement on every level of government is undesirable? That the military is unnecessary? That the House, the Senate, The President, the court system, etc are all unnecessary?

This is a Republic and not a Democracy.

Let's say the Tea Party is actually calling for a direct democracy...which is idiotic to begin with but let's just take your idiotic assertion as true....that's still suggesting A FORM OF GOVERNMENT which is antithetical to being anarchists

Anything else - including a complete Democracy - is anarchism.

Direct democracy would still be in opposition to anarchism.

One of the things that bothers me Fiddytree is is how limited should this be? The Tea Party does not get in to details. :confused:

Mostly because there is a difference between the slogans of the Tea Party and their actual beliefs. Many want much of the status-quo welfare state, others certainly do not. Others think they believe one thing, but actually believe in another thing.

Put the blame on it being a grassroots political movement with little borders.

Please...explain to me how it is that Tea Partiers, or Republicans in general, are accurately referred to as "anarchists" if across the board they ROUTINELY and CONTINUALLY are in favor of things antithetical from the very notion of anarchy
Well Congress passes laws and then the Tea Party does not wish to fund them. It seems to me that the Tea Party tends to throw a monkey wrench in to every form of government - local, state or federal.

Well Congress passes laws and then the Tea Party does not wish to fund them. It seems to me that the Tea Party tends to throw a monkey wrench in to every form of government - local, state or federal.

That may be so, but that wouldn't equate them with anarchists. Obstructionists? Perhaps. Fools? You can make that argument. Anarchists? Not if you want to be serious about it. You can bash them with the word, like Reid did. I'm cool with that. An exaggerated statement made in anger or disgust is still an exaggerated statement.

Currently, RIGHT NOW, there's proposals being put together in the House SPECIFICALLY attempting to pay for and fund the entire government save for one program...Obamacare.

That's funding the military. That's funding TSA. That's funding the arts. That's funding welfare. That's funding park rangers. That's funding veterans benefits. That's funding medicare. That's funding aid to africa. That's funding scientific grants. That's funding subsidies to alternative energy. That's funding the IRS. That's funding white house staff. And on, and on, and on...

That's funding EVERY SINGLE FACET AND PORTION OF GOVERNMENT except ONE thing.

Attempting to defund a singular law is not anarchism. Harry Ried, and yourself, apparently don't understand or know what the word means. I don't know if someone called Harry on his BS and whether or not he foolishly continued to suggest it after the fact...but it's clear that's what you're doing here in this thread. You've been thoroughly and completely unable in ANY fashion to accurately present a realistic explanation of how Tea Partiers or Republicans are "Anarchists"

Currently, RIGHT NOW, there's proposals being put together in the House SPECIFICALLY attempting to pay for and fund the entire government save for one program...Obamacare.

That's funding the military. That's funding TSA. That's funding the arts. That's funding welfare. That's funding park rangers. That's funding veterans benefits. That's funding medicare. That's funding aid to africa. That's funding scientific grants. That's funding subsidies to alternative energy. That's funding the IRS. That's funding white house staff. And on, and on, and on...

That's funding EVERY SINGLE FACET AND PORTION OF GOVERNMENT except ONE thing.
According to Harry Reid the Tea Party will get around to doing all of that just as soon as they defund Obamacare - especially S. 1392, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act, a bill meant to improve the energy efficiency of buildings that they're working on right now.

Attempting to defund a singular law is not anarchism. Harry Ried, and yourself, apparently don't understand or know what the word means. I don't know if someone called Harry on his BS and whether or not he foolishly continued to suggest it after the fact...but it's clear that's what you're doing here in this thread. You've been thoroughly and completely unable in ANY fashion to accurately present a realistic explanation of how Tea Partiers or Republicans are "Anarchists"
I think that it is if a party is doing everything that it can to hold up the proceedings of the legislative branch - it's not like they can vote on everything at once until they resolve one thing that Congress is working on and then move on to something else.

And I believe I only mentioned the Tea Party as people that I believed to be anarchists - not the Republicans

Tea Party: About Us

This is a Republic and not a Democracy. The people do not rule; the people send elected representatives to Washington DC to speak for them. Now these people may get some things they want but most likely not everything - which is why this is a Republic. Anything else - including a complete Democracy - is anarchism.
:lamo THAT is what you consider anarchy???

So lets see if we can get you to answer the question one last time. Did the tea party, by introducing an amendment to legislation, do ANYTHING democrats don't do on a regular basis? It's a very direct and straightforward question. Color me shocked you refuse to answer it.

:lamo THAT is what you consider anarchy???

So lets see if we can get you to answer the question one last time. Did the tea party, by introducing an amendment to legislation, do ANYTHING democrats don't do on a regular basis? It's a very direct and straightforward question. Color me shocked you refuse to answer it.
Vance: they voted 41 times on this and each time it failed. Are you serious about this? The vast majority of people want lawmakers that are doing this to move on. :roll:

Vance: they voted 41 times on this and each time it failed. Are you serious about this? The vast majority of people want lawmakers that are doing this to move on. :roll:

It is a very direct question Bob. Are the tea party republicans doing ANYTHING different than democrats have done, do, and will in the future?

It is a very direct question Bob. Are the tea party republicans doing ANYTHING different than democrats have done, do, and will in the future?
But Vance. 41 times? That has to be a record. We all know the tricks in DC - they're meant to get the public favor and it's not working.

But Vance. 41 times? That has to be a record. We all know the tricks in DC - they're meant to get the public favor and it's not working.

Are you HONESTLY suggesting democrats would just give up if they didnt get what they want? And so lets just take that as a direct yes...the democrats do the EXACT same thing. And does that make THEM anarchists Bob?

Are you HONESTLY suggesting democrats would just give up if they didnt get what they want? And so lets just take that as a direct yes...the democrats do the EXACT same thing. And does that make THEM anarchists Bob?
I can't remember where they did something like this 41 times or more - at least without the public support behind it. :shrug:

I can't remember where they did something like this 41 times or more - at least without the public support behind it. :shrug:
The number of times is IRRELEVANT. The ACT is relevant. So you admit...Reid is a moron and his use of the word "anarchy" is idiotic.

The number of times is IRRELEVANT. The ACT is relevant. So you admit...Reid is a moron and his use of the word "anarchy" is idiotic.
Not really. The relevancy is that the lawmakers have been doing this 41 times, Vance, and each time it has failed. The American people has been standing behind the lawmakers on their wishes to not see this (Obamacare) get defunded, so the holdup is way beyond being necessary to fight against.

Not really. The relevancy is that the lawmakers have been doing this 41 times, Vance, and each time it has failed. The American people has been standing behind the lawmakers on their wishes to not see this (Obamacare) get defunded, so the holdup is way beyond being necessary to fight against.
Really? The American people oppose Obamacare. The American people object thata bunch of partisan hack politicians rammed throguh legislation that they didnt even bother reading. The American people are continually asking to be exempted from that abomination that as passed...yes...even the mindless partisan hacks that SUPPORTED their politicians passing it. If you cant see that its because you might be one of them.

And its rather comical that you take the first three words found in the Constitution...written by men that FORMED a government...as your proof of anarchy.

The bolded portion above is patently false.

12.) March 3, 2011: The Comprehensive 1099 Taxpayer Protection and Repayment of Exchange Subsidy Overpayments Act: This measure repealed Form 1099 reporting requirements that were added to help finance the health law.

20.) Aug. 1, 2011: The Budget Control Act of 2011: President Obama signed this bill, which curtailed some funding for the health law.

Voting to repeal, over and over

While this list is not comprehensive (36 in lieu of 41) I suggest you review it (including the vote count links which indicate MANY strongly bipartisan tallies) to fully assess the results instead of repeating the misleading talking points.

The bolded portion above is patently false.

Voting to repeal, over and over

While this list is not comprehensive (36 in lieu of 41) I suggest you review it (including the vote count links which indicate MANY strongly bipartisan tallies) to fully assess the results instead of repeating the misleading talking points.
OK. Without checking for a rebuttal, I'll give you 5 off. :popcorn2:

Really? The American people oppose Obamacare. The American people object thata bunch of partisan hack politicians rammed throguh legislation that they didnt even bother reading. The American people are continually asking to be exempted from that abomination that as passed...yes...even the mindless partisan hacks that SUPPORTED their politicians passing it. If you cant see that its because you might be one of them.

And its rather comical that you take the first three words found in the Constitution...written by men that FORMED a government...as your proof of anarchy.

some of the people support obamacare, some of the people don't support it.

The defunding process failed way too many times yet the Tea Party continuously holds up the government from going about it's business. In my opinion, I agree with Harry Reid: Anarchy. :shrug:

The defunding process failed way too many times yet the Tea Party continuously holds up the government from going about it's business. In my opinion, I agree with Harry Reid: Anarchy. :shrug:
Birds of a feather.......

The anarchists are clearly in the House Repub caucus.
They brag about it every day.

Back
Top Bottom