• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 11 most important lines from Liz Cheney's blockbuster Fox News interview

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
To agree or disagree, that is the question.

The 11 most important lines from Liz Cheney's blockbuster Fox News interview (msn.com)

1612799472738.png

Fresh off a surprisingly strong vote of support within the House Republican conference, Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney sat for an interview with "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace in which she made clear that she has no plans of backing off her criticism of former President Donald Trump.

1. "The oath that I took to the Constitution compelled me to vote for impeachment and it doesn't bend to partisanship, it doesn't bend to political pressure. It's the most important oath that we take."

2. "I think, you know, that people in the party are mistaken. They believe that BLM and Antifa were behind what happened here at the Capitol. It's just simply not the case, not true and we're going to have a lot of work we have to do."

3. "The extent to which the president, President Trump, for months leading up to January 6 spread the notion that the election had been stolen or that the election was rigged was a lie and people need to understand that. We need to make sure that we as Republicans are the party of truth that we are being honest about what really did happen in 2020 so we actually have a chance to win in 2022 and win the White House back in 2024."

4. "I think this boat and conference made very clear, we are the party of Lincoln, we are not the party of QAnon or anti-Semitism or Holocaust deniers, or white supremacy or conspiracy theories. That's not who we are."

5. "People will want to know exactly what the president was doing. They want to know, for example, whether the tweet he sent out calling Vice President Pence a coward while the attack was underway, whether that tweet, for example, was a premeditated effort to provoke violence. There are a lot of questions that have to be answered and there will be many, many criminal investigations looking at every aspect of this and everyone who was involved, as there should be."

6. "We have never seen that kind of an assault by a president of the United States on another branch of government and that can never happen again."

7. "What we already know does constitute the gravest violation of his oath of office by any president in the history of the country, and this is not something that we can simply look past or pretend didn't happen or try to move on. We've got to make sure this never happens again."

8. "So it should not have gotten to the point that it did. I don't believe the Democrats have any business determining who from the Republicans sit on committees, but we should have dealt with it ourselves."

9. "Somebody who has provoked an attack on the United States Capitol to prevent the counting of electoral votes, which resulted in five people dying, who refused to stand up immediately when he was asked and stop the violence, that -- that is a person who does not have a role as a leader of our party going forward."

10. "We have to make sure that we are able to convey to the American voters, we are the party of responsibility, we are the party of truth, that we actually can be trusted to handle the challenges this nation faces like Covid, and that's going to require us to focus on substance and policy and issues going forward but we should not be embracing the former president."

11. "You know, it's really -- it's heartbreaking in many ways, Chris, because, you know, we watched the inaugural speech where [President Joe Biden] spoke of unity, where he spoke of trying to work together in the immediate actions we've seen with respect to, you know, things like canceling the Keystone pipeline, it's heartless. It really is."

The 11 most important lines from Liz Cheney's blockbuster Fox News interview (msn.com)

View attachment 67317264

Fresh off a surprisingly strong vote of support within the House Republican conference, Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney sat for an interview with "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace in which she made clear that she has no plans of backing off her criticism of former President Donald Trump.

1. "The oath that I took to the Constitution compelled me to vote for impeachment and it doesn't bend to partisanship, it doesn't bend to political pressure. It's the most important oath that we take."

2. "I think, you know, that people in the party are mistaken. They believe that BLM and Antifa were behind what happened here at the Capitol. It's just simply not the case, not true and we're going to have a lot of work we have to do."

3. "The extent to which the president, President Trump, for months leading up to January 6 spread the notion that the election had been stolen or that the election was rigged was a lie and people need to understand that. We need to make sure that we as Republicans are the party of truth that we are being honest about what really did happen in 2020 so we actually have a chance to win in 2022 and win the White House back in 2024."

4. "I think this boat and conference made very clear, we are the party of Lincoln, we are not the party of QAnon or anti-Semitism or Holocaust deniers, or white supremacy or conspiracy theories. That's not who we are."

5. "People will want to know exactly what the president was doing. They want to know, for example, whether the tweet he sent out calling Vice President Pence a coward while the attack was underway, whether that tweet, for example, was a premeditated effort to provoke violence. There are a lot of questions that have to be answered and there will be many, many criminal investigations looking at every aspect of this and everyone who was involved, as there should be."

6. "We have never seen that kind of an assault by a president of the United States on another branch of government and that can never happen again."

7. "What we already know does constitute the gravest violation of his oath of office by any president in the history of the country, and this is not something that we can simply look past or pretend didn't happen or try to move on. We've got to make sure this never happens again."

8. "So it should not have gotten to the point that it did. I don't believe the Democrats have any business determining who from the Republicans sit on committees, but we should have dealt with it ourselves."

9. "Somebody who has provoked an attack on the United States Capitol to prevent the counting of electoral votes, which resulted in five people dying, who refused to stand up immediately when he was asked and stop the violence, that -- that is a person who does not have a role as a leader of our party going forward."

10. "We have to make sure that we are able to convey to the American voters, we are the party of responsibility, we are the party of truth, that we actually can be trusted to handle the challenges this nation faces like Covid, and that's going to require us to focus on substance and policy and issues going forward but we should not be embracing the former president."

11. "You know, it's really -- it's heartbreaking in many ways, Chris, because, you know, we watched the inaugural speech where [President Joe Biden] spoke of unity, where he spoke of trying to work together in the immediate actions we've seen with respect to, you know, things like canceling the Keystone pipeline, it's heartless. It really is."
I only disagree with her on one small but significant point:

4. "...we are not the party of QAnon or anti-Semitism or Holocaust deniers, or white supremacy or conspiracy theories. That's not who we are."

When 94% of House Republicans vote to retain important and privileged Committee positions for a House member that openly touts QAnan conspiracy theories, that is who they are. It's not who they should be, but it is who they are. By choice.

I'm a wee bit in disagreement with #8 (If Republicans are too afraid to deal with a dangerous loon, then Democrats will need to do their job for them)and - #11 (Cheney is simply being a politician who backs pork projects)

The question that remains.... Will the GOP listen to members like Ms. Cheney or will they ostracize those that choose to speak against the rank and file? When that question is answered you'll know the direction the GOP has chosen. So far it appears they've chosen to go with the Q-Anon fork in the road. But they may surprise me at some point.

Reactions: lwf
I would assume it was done with Chris Wallace, but It would be good to see a link to it to hear how Wallace responded to her comments.
I suspect that Wallace wouldn't have put her down because he would see the possibility of Cheney running as the GOP's candidate for president.

View attachment 67317264

She running for President. This was her first shot across the bow.

I only disagree with her on one small but significant point:

4. "...we are not the party of QAnon or anti-Semitism or Holocaust deniers, or white supremacy or conspiracy theories. That's not who we are."

When 94% of House Republicans vote to retain important and privileged Committee positions for a House member that openly touts QAnan conspiracy theories, that is who they are. It's not who they should be, but it is who they are. By choice.

I agree with this. SHE isn't any of those things, but thanks to Trump most of the rest of her party comes across that way.

I agree with this. SHE isn't any of those things, but thanks to Trump most of the rest of her party comes across that way.

True, but her father was not only perfectly happy, but also helpful in spreading conspiracy theories through the same mob that is now attacking his daughter.

What Cheney said here should be parroted by all the Republicans. Not just a scant few. She said a lot of things here with a lot of words. To summarize She said Trump is a piece of shit.

View attachment 67317264

,,,"

Well good for her. (y)

I appreciate personal integrity regardless of whether or not I agree with the justifications.

Having said that, she remains an elected official. That means she remains responsible for what she does and fails to do to those who elected her.

Thus if she has disappointed her electorate sufficiently by her actions, and is voted out of office? That is also right and proper. :coffee:

Kevin McCarthy seems to been unable to make everyone happy.

Demonstrable lack of leadership, imo.

View attachment 67317264

Yep, that is a conservative.

Well good for her. (y)

I appreciate personal integrity regardless of whether or not I agree with the justifications.

Having said that, she remains an elected official. That means she remains responsible for what she does and fails to do to those who elected her.

Thus if she has disappointed her electorate sufficiently by her actions, and is voted out of office? That is also right and proper. :coffee:
Sadly, we have a history of that in 1960's Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama. So, sometimes the will of the locals is not so good for the needs of the Nation.

Hopefully, the people of Wyoming are better than that.

Kevin McCarthy seems to been unable to make everyone happy.

Demonstrable lack of leadership, imo.

My dad used to tell me that when I sat astraddle on a sharp edged fence that it would leave welt lines in the backside of my legs. I'd go ahead and do it anyways and low and behold, those welt lines would appear. McCarthy has to have so many welt lines on his legs from all of his wishy washy fence sitting! He does this, however, while gleaming as much as he possibly can in Trump's direction thinking that his phony political daddy will approve of his loyal ignorance. I also think that if he tries to wrangle with Cheney, he may end up half eaten and spit out. That, I wouldn't mind at all to witness.

Censured in her own state and had to be propped up by secret ballot. Her political career in WY is over. She will not be re-elected.

Cheney will serve out this term and then she will be done! Maybe she can run as a democrat? ;)
The Beginning of the End of Liz Cheney's Political Career in Wyoming -- She Sees It Coming

Wyoming Republican's Message to Representative Cheney
Lol, is this where you get your information? From silly blogs?

In the opening paragraph from your first link:

That is why so many in the Senate sat by and watched Joe Biden be coronated by the media and Big Tech when everyone connected to the Senate as an institution knows Biden was one of the dumbest individuals EVER to have been a Senator and is currently well on his way to full dementia.

Cheney will serve out this term and then she will be done! Maybe she can run as a democrat? ;)
I doubt that Biden will offer his seat in the oval office to Cheney.

Last edited:
Lol, is this where you get your information? From silly blogs?

In the opening paragraph from your first link:
That is why so many in the Senate sat by and watched Joe Biden be coronated by the media and Big Tech when everyone connected to the Senate as an institution knows Biden was one of the dumbest individuals EVER to have been a Senator and is currently well on his way to full dementia.
It's so odd that such bloggers can say what they say about Biden after witnessing the looniest pretend president ever in modern times who was mentally unfit.

Censured in her own state and had to be propped up by secret ballot. Her political career in WY is over. She will not be re-elected.

There is an excellent chance that she will be the presidential nominee for the Repub party in 2024.

View attachment 67317264

You gotta be kidding me! This, out of the mouth of another corrupt, self-interested politician and you take it as gospel. She is sooooo ethically minded on this issue where she thinks it will benefit her down the road. Just how fair-minded or ethically driven is she in all other matters while representing her constituents? She is now a career politician and like all others, she is first interested in power and re-election and will say and do whatever needed to attain those goals. Go ahead America, bend over andkeep voting for the same ole same ole.

Her political career in WY is over. She will not be re-elected.
Hard to imagine that in Cheney country, but will find out Nov 2022.

Back
Top Bottom