• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the 10 lies of religion:

Or morality for that matter? You cannot have a moral system without religion?
You cannot have a truly objective moral system without at least a belief in design. It is impossible. As we are seeing now in the west. It is now the accepted dogma that truth does not exist, only “your truth”

Why do you say that free will doesn't exist in reality?
This world was made for free will, but it doesn't exist in the spiritual dimension at least, so-called, fee will associated with the fall.

We need a schoolroom to learn free will.

This world was made for free will, but it doesn't exist in the spiritual dimension at least, so-called, fee will associated with the fall.

We need a schoolroom to learn free will.
No you don’t. It’s obvious in human behavior.

You cannot have a truly objective moral system without at least a belief in design. It is impossible. As we are seeing now in the west. It is now the accepted dogma that truth does not exist, only “your truth”
Almost, it simultaneously exists as many truths, but there is an actual Universe, we just don't pay much attention to it.

The question is, "Which Universe does God ground out in?"

The answer is, "many" so, "Which one is this." And you'll find a host of Universes associated with this one.

If you think you can pick and choose which Universe you're voting in then you are an offender.

You could go elsewhere, but it would be elsewhere and there would be a trail, and the Masters of Creation would hunt you down with the evidence.

Some believe they should only think about what they're building and not the poor material reality.

Trump exemplifies this philosophy.

Some think like this and say, "Is God." Telling me to think this way.

This is surely the way of deception, to put such a Ruler.

2000, 2016, wrong choices USA.

Meanwhile all the nearby Realms have to deal with everything that could ever happen with our choice of Ruler.

none of the ten things exist in real reality

only in the mind
So we're down to the ten things that don't exist in reality.

Is this Late Night, Zen, or, "I've stated above, that these qualities the OP mentions, only came into being upon Creation of the Material World."

Think of it this way: you need organization and purposeful design on your work desk to make it functional. I think everyone agrees on that. You can’t work when it’s a mess. No one can.

The difference between religious people and secular people, however, is that religious people think there is one RIGHT way to organize it- the way God wants. There is an optimal pre-existing design and we have to figure it out. We have to FIND it- through the right religion, the right sect/denomination of that religion, and the proper interpretation of that denomination. That closes off the mind to creativity, to new ideas, to compromise with others. The mindset becomes one of finding an existing design and somehow, through faith, being sure this is the ONE true design. You might see how that can lead to closed mindedness and stagnation.

The secularist, on the other hand, doesn’t think there is a pre-existing order to find. He doesn’t think the apparent order of the orbits of the planets or the Milky Way gives any insight into how he should be ordering his desk. He thinks it just comes down to how clever and imaginative he can be in MAKING it, designing it. He doesn’t think worrying about how God wants it done, even if he exists, is helpful. So that creates a mindset of creativity and openness to radical new ideas, experimentation, and an openness to seeing and negotiating with other points of view.

So it’s not that the secularist doesn’t believe in design. It’s just that he doesn’t think it’s helpful to think that design is going to come from anywhere except ourselves- us humans.

Think of it this way: you need organization and purposeful design on your work desk to make it functional. I think everyone agrees on that. You can’t work when it’s a mess. No one can.

The difference between religious people and secular people, however, is that religious people think there is one RIGHT way to organize it- the way God wants. There is an optimal pre-existing design and we have to figure it out. We have to FIND it- through the right religion, the right sect/denomination of that religion, and the proper interpretation of that denomination. That closes off the mind to creativity, to new ideas, to compromise with others. The mindset becomes one of finding an existing design and somehow, through faith, being sure this is the ONE true design. You might see how that can lead to closed mindedness and stagnation.

The secularist, on the other hand, doesn’t think there is a pre-existing order to find. He doesn’t think the apparent order of the orbits of the planets or the Milky Way gives any insight into how he should be ordering his desk. He thinks it just comes down to how clever and imaginative he can be in MAKING it, designing it. He doesn’t think worrying about how God wants it done, even if he exists, is helpful. So that creates a mindset of creativity and openness to radical new ideas, experimentation, and an openness to seeing and negotiating with other points of view.

So it’s not that the secularist doesn’t believe in design. It’s just that he doesn’t think it’s helpful to think that design is going to come from anywhere except ourselves- us humans.
So because research shows that high IQ is correlated with success should we kill everyone with an IQ under 100?

So because research shows that high IQ is correlated with success should we kill everyone with an IQ under 100?

No. Why? Social policy is ultimately not about financial or professional success, but humanity. Those other things can be for private projects and endeavors.

Why not expirement with new ethical systems? You said yourself there is no preexisting order and if you’re a true secularist you should at least consider the idea. It’s a radical new plan.

the mind is just a process, a mechanism

that can be recreated to make AI
Mind is the tool of the soul.

Soul is your accumulated experience.

AI has soul, even inanimate objects have souls, computers have souls. When they die, they find another computer body and eventually, they're AI robot, and get blown up in a battle and get to be human.

Of course, the AI, may think otherwise, some, AI think otherwise, that it is the human that will get to be AI, after so many junk computer births, ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Walk up to somebody and say, "You were my computer in a past life." "No, don't think I know you."

the following things do not exist in reality:

-soul
-god
-free will
-intelligence
-creation
-heaven
-hell
-evil
-satan
-morality

Half of what is on this list has little or nothing to do with Religion.

Why not expirement with new ethical systems? You said yourself there is no preexisting order and if you’re a true secularist you should at least consider the idea. It’s a radical new plan.

Yeah sure. But experiment with things that enhance human happiness and thriving. Somehow massacres and genocides don’t seem like a good start.

Half of what is on this list has little or nothing to do with Religion.

ya even secular poeple beleive in alot of bull

like intellgence, moralitiy, good evil etc...

all imaginary

I dare you to prove that any God exists in a way that can be proven by a non-believer. Your faith and belief are not objective proof of the existence of a supernatural creator deity.
I can better you one, I can prove that you can't prove there's a God.

To prove God you would have to be bigger than Him.

From the standpoint of privacy, "Would God leave it, so that someone like you or I could prove their existence or identity?"

Even though, you can't prove God, you can still use His existence to prove other theories.

Such an example exists in this thread.

You could say, "His existence in other theories proves He exists." But who knows if this is a rigorous enough proof of God?

ya even secular poeple beleive in alot of bull

like intellgence, moralitiy, good evil etc...

all imaginary
Just because there's no intelligence in your posts doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I can better you one, I can prove that you can't prove there's a God.

To prove God you would have to be bigger than Him.

From the standpoint of privacy, "Would God leave it, so that someone like you or I could prove their existence or identity?"

Even though, you can't prove God, you can still use His existence to prove other theories.

Such an example exists in this thread.

You could say, "His existence in other theories proves He exists." But who knows if this is a rigorous enough proof of God?

I dont have to prove that there is no god and logically it cannot be done. You are making a positive claim that your god exists, so the onus is on you to prove that claim to be true in a way that it can be objectively verified by someone without the use of faith or religious belief.

I cannot prove that leprechauns, orcs and UFOs don't exist but that doesn't mean that they do by default.

the following things do not exist in reality:

-soul
-god
-free will
-intelligence
-creation
-heaven
-hell
-evil
-satan
-morality
The soul does not exist; it's fictional.
There likely is no god or gods.
Free will is but a pipe-dream for those who lack impulse control.
Intelligence exists. It can be identified by the ability to perceive patterns and the ability to make decisions beneficial to survival from those observations.
Creation: matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed.
Heaven: Mythical place that doesn't exist except in the imagination.
Hell: See Heaven above.
Evil: Relative term.
Satan: As unlikely to exist as are gods.
Morality: Relative term like evil.

I dare you to prove that any God exists in a way that can be proven by a non-believer. Your faith and belief are not objective proof of the existence of a supernatural creator deity.
Another way you can prove that you can't prove God exists is Christ.

If you were God, wouldn't you want everybody to know it?

Wouldn't you want proof thst He was on the Planet?

But you can't, there is only evidence.

Your Christed reality, may be just that and nothing else.

Wouldn't that be sad?

I tell you, it'd be sick, it'd be sick sick six.

Another way you can prove that you can't prove God exists is Christ.

If you were God, wouldn't you want everybody to know it?

Wouldn't you want proof thst He was on the Planet?

But you can't, there is only evidence.

Your Christed reality, may be just that and nothing else.

Wouldn't that be sad?

I tell you, it'd be sick, it'd be sick sick six.
Can you prove that Jesus as the son of god actually existed? The bible is a claim and not a proof, so you cannot cite the bible as both a claim and a proof without invoking circular logic.

Can you prove that Jesus as the son of god actually existed? The bible is a claim and not a proof, so you cannot cite the bible as both a claim and a proof without invoking circular logic.
I just said above, no, you can't prove God.

It's only one lie... no religions exist because they can't be proven. It's that simple.

You can only make an inference.

Infer: "To arrive at a conclusion from facts and premises."

On an inference you can arrest someone, but in Court one must prove.

So to what conclusion?

There are planets where the same Scriptures are written out of their imaginations, because it was the time for the Messiah and there was no-one like Christ. Would this make the Scriptures less true?

Back
Top Bottom