• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Thank God the Polls are Wrong

Trump may be getting a lot of support when the phone rings, but apparently that is not translating into votes that actually count.

With the high number of early voters casting ballots in Florida, and with a large number of those voters being Latino, the projections 538 is showing with Trump currently leading the polling in Florida may be wrong too.

We can hope.

Did they count the ballots already?

If not, all those are mere speculations. True, they may've seen a big turn out of Latinos - but don't assume all Latinos are all for Hillary.

Why some Latinos are backing Trump

Why some Latinos are backing Trump (Opinion) - CNN.com

There's also speculation that Trump may have hidden votes from Latinos, and other groups that are not registering in the polls.

My point: Don't pop the champagne yet. And leave that cigar alone. Wait for the ballot-counting tonight.

Last edited:
As a white man myself (well a white hispanic man, yes we do exist) I have to wonder why so many other white men seem to vote religiously for the GOP. What has the GOP done at all for working class white men? I mean in many ways the Democrats are no better, but the GOP and Donald Trump doesn't give a damn about working class white men, or working class people period. Why white men seem to determined to put GOP politicians in power is beyond me. It's bizarre.

Why do you think Trump won the primary?

Because......he's not your regular GOP guy.

Not the younger generation.

Hillary has problems with millenials. She's not connecting with them. Younger generation Latinos are millenials, too.

Something to do with the GOP somehow being identified as masculine. Guns, big guts, bad teeth, funny ball cap hats..."Git er Done" types. It's all bull****, of course. But, they buy it.

The most baffling thing about working class redneck good ole boys supporting Trump is he has absolutely nothing in common with them. In fact, you would think he would be the type of guy they hate. Wealthy, out of touch, loves big government, history of supporting liberal positions, registered Democrat 3 times, from New York, etc. I guess lying to them by telling them he's going to build and wall and ban muslims is all they needed to support a guy they have zero in common with.

You're right. He's a big government liberal who lied through his teeth in an attempt to pander to rubes. And you know what? It worked.

The most baffling thing about working class redneck good ole boys supporting Trump is he has absolutely nothing in common with them. In fact, you would think he would be the type of guy they hate. Wealthy, out of touch, loves big government, history of supporting liberal positions, registered Democrat 3 times, from New York, etc. I guess lying to them by telling them he's going to build and wall and ban muslims is all they needed to support a guy they have zero in common with.

The most baffling thing about the rednecks without investments, real estate or gold-plated faucets in their bathrooms supporting Trump is just that---he is not one of them.

But, he definitely talks like them.

If it was just white make voters, Trump would win in a landslide, which is unbelievably disgusting.

It if it was just white women, Hillary would win in a landslide.

I think this could be the election where latinos discover their political power. And that could have profound consequences.

All the left ever thinks about is race and gender, such ****ing hypocrites.

The most baffling thing about the rednecks without investments, real estate or gold-plated faucets in their bathrooms supporting Trump is just that---he is not one of them.

Trump exposed some ugly racism in America that everyone knew existed, but was sort of kept under the radar. I still maintain that the GOP created a monster they can no longer control, and it isn't Trump, it's the voters. Trump wouldn't be where he's at today if people didn't support him.

All the left ever thinks about is race and gender, such ****ing hypocrites.

Maybe that's because the world is full of people who happen to not be white and male, or straight.

Trump exposed some ugly racism in America that everyone knew existed, but was sort of kept under the radar. I still maintain that the GOP created a monster they can no longer control, and it isn't Trump, it's the voters. Trump wouldn't be where he's at today if people didn't support him.

Exactly. Trump is just a con man who played them like a fiddle. He isn't the fiddle.

Maybe that's because the world is full of people who happen to not be white and male, or straight.
Yeah, so? What does that have to do worth the blatant bigotry of the left?

Trump may be getting a lot of support when the phone rings, but apparently that is not translating into votes that actually count.

With the high number of early voters casting ballots in Florida, and with a large number of those voters being Latino, the projections 538 is showing with Trump currently leading the polling in Florida may be wrong too.

We can hope.

Cubans vote Republican, mainly. Don't forget that. And there are a lot of Cubans in Florida.

Yeah, so? What does that have to do worth the blatant bigotry of the left?

Bull--there is only one party pandering exclusively to the straight White males.

Cubans vote Republican, mainly. Don't forget that. And there are a lot of Cubans in Florida.

I doubt that it's Cubans for Trump who are driving up the record numbers of Hispanic voters going to the polls.

Which shows you just how bad the regular GOP guy is.

You're right. He's a big government liberal who lied through his teeth in an attempt to pander to rubes. And you know what? It worked.

You're speculating. He could be centrist.

There's one way to find out if you're right. Give him a chance and see what he'll do.

Which shows you just how bad the regular GOP guy is.

No.

It just shows that there's the big move......away from the establishment! Even the Dems demonstrated that, that's why Sanders was popular.

You're speculating. He could be centrist.

There's one way to find out if you're right. Give him a chance and see what he'll do.

One thing for sure is he's not a conservative.

If it was just white make voters, Trump would win in a landslide, which is unbelievably disgusting.

It if it was just white women, Hillary would win in a landslide.

I think this could be the election where latinos discover their political power. And that could have profound consequences.

Why is it fine for blacks or other groups to vote monolithically, but not whites?

That's what a good con artist does.

One thing for sure is he's not a conservative.
Actually Trump is an unknown, Liberal and Conservative do not mean the same thing they did even 50 years ago.
I call myself conservative, but I am a fiscal conservative, Social issues really do not concern me,
unless they limit mine or others freedoms.
My concern is that the Government preform their basic requirements as inexpensively as possible.
As to this threads title, I agree, "Thank God to polls were wrong"

Back
Top Bottom