• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas woman is sentenced to 3 years in prison for threatening judge overseeing Trump documents case

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas woman was sentenced Friday to three years in prison after pleading guilty to charges of threatening a Florida judge who is overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump’s handling of classified documents.
=============================================

Tiffani Gish, 50, of Houston, pleaded guilty in November to threatening U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. The Justice Department said Gish left voicemails threatening to kill the judge while claiming to be a member of several military combat units. She was also sentenced to three years of supervised release.

“Holding Tiffani Gish accountable for her threats to assassinate a federal judge sends a strong message that we have no tolerance for those – who often hide behind a far-off keyboard or phone line – seeking to undermine our democratic institutions by threatening the safety of the people who help those same institutions thrive,” U.S. Attorney Alamdar Hamdani said in a statement.
==================================================
Nuts. The stars at night...

Just another ardent tRump supporter.

She'll be pardoned and receive a Medal of Freedom once Trump is elected again, so her protest will not be for naught, and for those fortunate many in our MAGAsphere, naught means nothing.

MAGA.

She'll be pardoned and receive a Medal of Freedom once Trump is elected again, so her protest will not be for naught, and for those fortunate many in our MAGAsphere, naught means nothing.

MAGA.

Before there's any chance of Trump pardoning her, she still has to spend 11 months in the clink.

If Trump does get elected, does that mean any right winger can threaten a judge (or even kill a judge) because they'll be pardoned even before trial?

States will not stand for this. Trump (if he's ever President) can pardon Federal crimes, but he can't do anything about State crimes.

…Except that everyone was a no-name nobody on J6th and beyond who doesn't come to the personal attention of Trump will never get a pardon. We're talking the heads of the organizations involved in the riot/insurrection (chose the word that suits your political views :p ), plus probably Steve Bannon and Peter Navarro and a couple others from his White House glory days. We're not talking Joe Schmoe, who nobody had ever heard of, who stormed the Capitol, and had very few ties to Trump, much let alone money he could give Trump.

Remember, Trump said he would decide on a "case-by-case" basis, and the little guys definitely won't get the mercy from Trump unless they were personally ingratiated to him prior to the event, or have done things after J6 to ingratiate themselves to Trump.

I got curious, since Cannon is a Trump appointee and if this Gish gal was threatening her for that reason rather than being angry at Cannon for trying Trump, so I researched further:

Gish claims to be a government agent and "Trump's hitman" and allegedly said she had a "license to kill" and was going to travel to Florida and "personally throw a bullet to your f—— head in front of your kids," court records show. Gish allegedly identified herself in the voicemails as Evelyn Salt, the name of Angelina Jolie's character in the 2010 film "Salt."

"Donald Trump has been disqualified long ago, and he's marked for assassination, you're helping him ma'am," Gish allegedly said in the first voicemail left for Cannon. "... He's marked for assassination and so are you. ... Stand the f— down or get shot."
Secret Service agents interviewed Gish in March after she allegedly threatened to kill Trump in a message left on the CIA's website, according to prosecutors, who also said a Secret Service agent interviewed Gish's mother in March and was told Gish "suffered from severe bipolar disorder and is borderline schizophrenic." The mother refused to see Gish in person for fear she would be attacked, prosecutors wrote.

I see my fellow lefties jumped the gun on this one and decided Gish was a Trump supporter and a MAGA type.

Not a good luck on us to jump to that conclusion when Gish is clearly a sick person and by the sounds of it an anti-Trumper if anything.

I got curious, since Cannon is a Trump appointee and if this Gish gal was threatening her for that reason rather than being angry at Cannon for trying Trump, so I researched further:

I see my fellow lefties jumped the gun on this one and decided Gish was a Trump supporter and a MAGA type.

Not a good luck on us to jump to that conclusion when Gish is clearly a sick person and by the sounds of it an anti-Trumper if anything.
My bad.

Back
Top Bottom