• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Woman Falls From Roller Coaster at Six Flags

A little bit. Only, instead of carrying you along with it, all of the water was flying towards your face at 50 mph. lol

That doesn't sound like much fun. :lol:

What a tragedy. :(

I've only been on roller coasters twice in my life. The first was on a date with my high school boyfriend. I said, "Never again." And I didn't, until I visited Disneyland and my stepson insisted that Big Thunder Mountain was like It's a Small World, only with scenery. Good thing that teenaged brat could run faster than me, or he wouldn't have a daughter now. :lol:

Here's a fun question, esp. for the libertarians and small government conservatives:

Do you support government mandated safety inspections for roller coasters? If not, imagine that they are more dangerous. At what level of danger would you support mandatory inspections? What if they become virtual Russian Roulette suicide machines with a casualty every cycle? Do you support a right of individuals to take such a huge risk?

Tragic, this woman was 56 years old and it was her first time to Six Flags. I have rode the Texas Giant many years ago before they renovated it. I love old wooden coasters. This had to be extremely traumatic for all the witnesses and family.

Like a flume? When I was a kid, I used to go to a local amusement park (Rocky Point), and they had a flume. It was pretty awesome! One of the few rides that didn't make me sick too! :)

Flumes have always been my favorite amusement park ride or anything involving a boat going into a faux cave

Flumes have always been my favorite amusement park ride or anything involving a boat going into a faux cave

Me too. I can handle those and I can handle a boat in a river, but I cannot tolerate a small boat in the ocean or most rides because of motion sickness. When I was a kid, I would go on the rides anyway and just be sick. :lol:

Me too. I can handle those and I can handle a boat in a river, but I cannot tolerate a small boat in the ocean or most rides because of motion sickness. When I was a kid, I would go on the rides anyway and just be sick. :lol:

I don't get motion sick easy. The one thing that will totally make be weird out and feel like I am going to pass out sometimes is if I am pulling into a parking space slowly and the car right beside me on the right starts backing out of their parking space slowly and it catches in my peripheral vision. I don't know what it is about that but it makes me feel like I am fainting.

I don't get motion sick easy. The one thing that will totally make be weird out and feel like I am going to pass out sometimes is if I am pulling into a parking space slowly and the car right beside me on the right starts backing out of their parking space slowly and it catches in my peripheral vision. I don't know what it is about that but it makes me feel like I am fainting.

Lol! I know the sensation, but I don't feel like I'm fainting. It just momentarily disorients me, makes me think maybe my car is in reverse or something.

Lol! I know the sensation, but I don't feel like I'm fainting. It just momentarily disorients me, makes me think maybe my car is in reverse or something.

Yeah same thing sometimes. It is worse if they start backing out at the same second I come to a full stop--I will suddenly feel like I am either moving or falling backward. Total vertigo experience. Glad to know it isn't just me.

Yeah same thing sometimes. It is worse if they start backing out at the same second I come to a full stop--I will suddenly feel like I am either moving or falling backward. Total vertigo experience. Glad to know it isn't just me.

Lol! I've just been sitting in my car still when the car next to me starts backing out slow sometimes, and if I'm preoccupied with something, I'll be like, what the hell is going on, am I moving? :lol:

Here's a fun question, esp. for the libertarians and small government conservatives:

Do you support government mandated safety inspections for roller coasters? If not, imagine that they are more dangerous. At what level of danger would you support mandatory inspections? What if they become virtual Russian Roulette suicide machines with a casualty every cycle? Do you support a right of individuals to take such a huge risk?

That's up to the person taking said risk. Just as it is currently WITH safety inspections.

Back
Top Bottom