• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas becomes biggest US state to lift COVID-19 mask mandate

Uh...hospitalizations are a function of positivity rate.
Not true. The positivity rate is a loose indicator used by public health officials, which can be influenced by many factors - including people who are asymptomatic and test 'just because'. In some cases, communities have pushed testing 'even if you don't feel sick' to push up the denominator.

There has also been a big change - in that the strategy of vaccinating people most at risk - those most likely to be hospitalized if they get Covid-19 - is working. In Texas, we're seeing a gradual downward trend of new cases - and a much steeper decrease in the number of hospitalizations.

You leftists love you some authoritarianism dont you. 😂

Pretend covid is BLM and federal help are shocktroops there to stomp on Black people.

83bb163c5fc957811f4d3e85d14273486cf5714a.gifv

Who would have thought. :rolleyes:

What we have found is that conservative don’t actually love this country. They seem to love guns...and that’s about it.

The interesting thing is the number of hospitalizations are going down, but the number of deaths are rising. If it the number of cases was dropping and there were similar declines in hospitalizations and deaths, easing restrictions might make more sense. I guess we'll see this play out the way it has repeatedly thus far. Given that Texas doesn't even have a high number of people vaccinated, there isn't that in place to make easing restrictions more logical.

View attachment 67321182

View attachment 67321183

That's cause the number of daily cases has moved on from the "I'm an entitled, selfish brat who has the constitutional right to infect my family for Christmas" wave, but death rates lag behind case rates.

Texas just got a spike from people having to find shelter from their man-made disaster a couple weeks ago. Expect another one soon.

What kind of stupid comment is that?

I’m coming up with scenarios that conservatives feel comfortable with red assistance. Then i remembered Texas is already asking for handouts due to their failed energy policies.

Problem solved!

I’m coming up with scenarios that conservatives feel comfortable with red assistance. Then i remembered Texas is already asking for handouts due to their failed energy policies.

Problem solved!
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Will Trump move the WH to Texas or Florida ?

How are they betting ?

What will they do with the old place ? I suppose the new US Republic might allow the bankrupt American Corporation to keep it as a Museum of some sort . Unless Mc Donalds pick it up cheap .

Not true. The positivity rate is a loose indicator used by public health officials, which can be influenced by many factors - including people who are asymptomatic and test 'just because'. In some cases, communities have pushed testing 'even if you don't feel sick' to push up the denominator.

There has also been a big change - in that the strategy of vaccinating people most at risk - those most likely to be hospitalized if they get Covid-19 - is working. In Texas, we're seeing a gradual downward trend of new cases - and a much steeper decrease in the number of hospitalizations.
This post is incredibly uninformed. As to your "gradual downward trend" in Texas, that's getting ready to change.

This post is incredibly uninformed. As to your "gradual downward trend" in Texas, that's getting ready to change.
lol. If you are uninformed, I would suggest you continue to read and learn about it. Do you have any questions?

As for the trend, I am curious to see what it will do. I suspect that little will change in how Texans live - social distancing and mask efforts will largely continue. It's possible the trend will flatten a bit as people adjust, but vaccination efforts are accelerating rapidly.

Back
Top Bottom