• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Temperature Checks - A Covid Precaution Worthy of Keeping

JBG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Even as the Covid hysteria blessedly fades into the mists of history, a few precautions are worth keeping. One of them is widespread taking of temperatures. There is no social value served by feverish, contagious people sickening others, even if not infected with Covid-19.

Even as the Covid hysteria blessedly fades into the mists of history, a few precautions are worth keeping. One of them is widespread taking of temperatures. There is no social value served by feverish, contagious people sickening others, even if not infected with Covid-19.

I have no problem if nursing homes, hospitals, and other public health facilities institute policies to take temperatures. I don't even mind if private businesses want to do so, their choice.

But mandating it by law? No.

I am personally annoyed by people who want "laws" to force other people to act to protect them from every fear they have.

My suggestion for such people remains as always, if YOU are so scared of the myriad possibilities of harm which may come your way? Feel free to provide yourself with a bubble-suit, armor, personal source of oxygen...hell whatever your fearful heart desires. But don't try to push your fears onto others by obligating THEM to take steps to protect you from your fears. Take a little PERSONAL responsibility. Let the rest of us live our lives as we see fit.

Nuff said. :coffee:

Not all fevers are caused by communicable diseases.

My school got rid of the daily temperature checks back in March, I think. I don't foresee it coming back and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I intend to wear and keep a variety of masks with me no matter what. COVID 19 is not gone so I remain in a BEWARE state of mind.

My post was aimed more at non-Covid contagious diseases. As far as masks, there is so much human interaction that is stifled with masks. No one considers that.

Back
Top Bottom