• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Technology fights back...

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I guess the Texas legislature should employ some smart people that could anticipate these issues. I understand Ted Cruz had his information entered multiple times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but sufficient inaccurate data will render this database useless. The info to use is in the article.

lol, that's great.

I guess the Texas legislature should employ some smart people that could anticipate these issues. I understand Ted Cruz had his information entered multiple times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but sufficient inaccurate data will render this database useless. The info to use is in the article.

For the record, I'm 100% in favor of aborting Ted Cruz and/or allowing Ted Cruz to have an abortion.

I submitted the Bernie Sanders x Donald Trump sex copypasta as a report.

I was wondering if there could be a form of activism like millions of people filing lawsuits against female members of Texan Republicans' families, but suspect doing so could lead to problems like big legal fees. But perhaps there's something...

I was wondering if there could be a form of activism like millions of people filing lawsuits against female members of Texan Republicans' families, but suspect doing so could lead to problems like big legal fees. But perhaps there's something...
Not sure, but I think there is protection for the person filing the complaint against court costs in the law.

Not sure, but I think there is protection for the person filing the complaint against court costs in the law.
If so, that could really open up some options.

Those Tiktok kids are awesome sometimes

You can be awesome too!

They should spam the tip line with crap that is plausible enough that they need to investigate. You could probably pretty easily write a bot for that too, but it would need to come in from multiple ip addresses, but you could always dockerize it.

hmm...

This is what happens when you write a law inviting public action for enforcement. What delicious irony.😜

For the record, I'm 100% in favor of aborting Ted Cruz and/or allowing Ted Cruz to have an abortion.
That is one late-term abortion that I might support.

TikTok Users and Coders Flood Texas Abortion Site With Fake Tips​

Others on Twitter called for a boycott of GoDaddy, the company that hosts the Texas Right to Life tip site. They claimed the site violated GoDaddy’s rules that prohibit customers from collecting or harvesting nonpublic information about anyone without their “prior written consent.”

GoDaddy said late Thursday that it had given Texas Right to Life 24 hours to find a new hosting provider before cutting off service.

“We have informed prolifewhistleblower.com they have 24 hours to move to another provider for violating our terms of service,” Dan C. Race, a GoDaddy spokesman, said in an email.

By Friday afternoon, some people were having trouble submitting tips to the website using the form. Others reported seeing a GoDaddy firewall page instead of the profilewhistleblower.com site.
------------------------------------------------------

This is good but as I understand it, the abortion clinics and service providers have shut down so the misogynists are still winning.

TikTok Users and Coders Flood Texas Abortion Site With Fake Tips​

Others on Twitter called for a boycott of GoDaddy, the company that hosts the Texas Right to Life tip site. They claimed the site violated GoDaddy’s rules that prohibit customers from collecting or harvesting nonpublic information about anyone without their “prior written consent.”

GoDaddy said late Thursday that it had given Texas Right to Life 24 hours to find a new hosting provider before cutting off service.

“We have informed prolifewhistleblower.com they have 24 hours to move to another provider for violating our terms of service,” Dan C. Race, a GoDaddy spokesman, said in an email.

By Friday afternoon, some people were having trouble submitting tips to the website using the form. Others reported seeing a GoDaddy firewall page instead of the profilewhistleblower.com site.
------------------------------------------------------

This is good but as I understand it, the abortion clinics and service providers have shut down so the misogynists are still winning.
For now. I'm hoping this is the start of a revolution. As far as I'm concerned, the Texas legislature is an enemy of the people. I hope Tik Tok and others tie them in knots so tight their shit comes out their mouths. Figuratively speaking, of course. 😇

For now. I'm hoping this is the start of a revolution. As far as I'm concerned, the Texas legislature is an enemy of the people.
Let's be fair. They're the enemy of the 'common good', of, I'd argue, most people's interests, but they are not the enemy of all the people. Just as ISIS, Hitler, Stalin, trump, Jim Jones, Ted Cruz (he did come in #2 in the primary), or pretty much anyone has SOME supporters, so do the Republican Texas legislators. They did get elected. So I'd describe them as terrible, but not simply the 'enemy of the people'. As much as that is largely right.

Let's be fair. They're the enemy of the 'common good', of, I'd argue, most people's interests, but they are not the enemy of all the people. Just as ISIS, Hitler, Stalin, trump, Jim Jones, Ted Cruz (he did come in #2 in the primary), or pretty much anyone has SOME supporters, so do the Republican Texas legislators. They did get elected. So I'd describe them as terrible, but not simply the 'enemy of the people'. As much as that is largely right.
That's the friendliest refutation I've ever read. 😁

There’s no reason to spam the website. What they should be doing is for scantly reporting it to its webhost, GoDaddy. GoDaddy’s terms of service ban the posting of people’s personal information without their permission, so the abortion hotline website is violating the TOS.

Excellent! So hilarious-wish he could abort himself retroactively and his Senate seat be occupied by someone with a conscience.

Back
Top Bottom