• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teachers Overpaid

What kind of burr is up your ass? Doesn't he deserve liesure time? Hardly anybody in the USA works full time. I retired at age 57, 8 years ago, my wife retired a few years later. We don't work, because we don't have to. Somebody has to spend money to keep you young pups working, so you can pay FICA, so we can draw SS for both of us, and teacher retirement for her, and military retirement for me, plus a couple small civilian job pensions. Retirement is fun, when you are prepared for it.

Slow your roll, Fly Boy. I wasn't the one who said people shouldn't be allowed to retire unless they're within two years of dying. Check with BogGodVida for that argument.

No. You made an unfounded accusation that I was attacking the elderly. Address that like an adult before we move on. It is called responsibility.

You know what you posted. It was witnessed by quite a few. Too tired to look for it now. Just man up.

You know what you posted. It was witnessed by quite a few. Too tired to look for it now. Just man up.

When you can show how I attacked the elderly then we can have a discussion. The last three words? I have one for you: projecting.

Interesting thought: Conservatives complain about how the teachers union (and other unions) only support the Democratic party. Look at the title of this thread, and then look at what Republicans have said about teachers unions and unions in general.

I wonder why they don't support that?

When you can show how I attacked the elderly then we can have a discussion. The last three words? I have one for you: projecting.

Go ahead, Bog. Tell the Air Force retiree with a RETIRED TEACHER for a wife, how you feel about retirees who 'do it right', and 'have fun', and 'live a long time'. Tell him. Stop covering your tracks. TELL THE AIR FORCE GUY ON A PENSION, WITH A RETIRED TEACHER-WIFE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT PENSIONS, WORK FOR THE ELDERLY, AND DROP-DEAD TIME-LIMITS ON SOCIAL SECURITY. Tell the man. He's waiting.

Go ahead, Bog. Tell the Air Force retiree with a RETIRED TEACHER for a wife, how you feel about retirees who 'do it right', and 'have fun', and 'live a long time'. Tell him. Stop covering your tracks. TELL THE AIR FORCE GUY ON A PENSION, WITH A RETIRED TEACHER-WIFE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT PENSIONS, WORK FOR THE ELDERLY, AND DROP-DEAD TIME-LIMITS ON SOCIAL SECURITY. Tell the man. He's waiting.

if you are talking about me, I ain't no flyboy....I was a sailor.
Got a post number I should look at?

So by default... you are saying that you can't prove that I attacked the elderly. Got it. Since I didn't, it is pretty obvious. Man up scooter. Dude, you're a joke.

if you are talking about me, I ain't no flyboy....I was a sailor.
Got a post number I should look at?

I disagree with pensions as they are now set up, flyboy! I am ATTACKING YOU!

Well, I don't feel one bit guilty.....I earned it all....:2razz:

Hell, I don't think that anybody should feel guilty for retiring... I just think that the system, and how we view retirement, should change drastically. We are a bankrupt nation that is owned by foreign nations yet we say, "hell, retire and move to Florida or Palm Springs and enjoy 25 years on the taxpayers!"

I will make on thing clear though, I think that ex-military, cops and firefighters should get some sort of retirement package... an advanced 401K typd of thing like I had in teaching... I put in and the government matches or doubles it and then gives something else (or whatever) for life.

But I am attacking you Bill! You are elderly and I attack the likes of you, you retired vet with a retired teacher wife, oh how I hate thee, how I spit my last breath at thee!!!

Hell, I don't think that anybody should feel guilty for retiring... I just think that the system, and how we view retirement, should change drastically. We are a bankrupt nation that is owned by foreign nations yet we say, "hell, retire and move to Florida or Palm Springs and enjoy 25 years on the taxpayers!"

I will make on thing clear though, I think that ex-military, cops and firefighters should get some sort of retirement package... an advanced 401K typd of thing like I had in teaching... I put in and the government matches or doubles it and then gives something else (or whatever) for life.

But I am attacking you Bill! You are elderly and I attack the likes of you, you retired vet with a retired teacher wife, oh how I hate thee, how I spit my last breath at thee!!!

I did 12.5 years active duty, and 10 years in the reserves. If I had not done the reserves, that 12 years would have been lost, except for the SS part.
So I agree that there should be some sort of "vesting" for those who don't make a career of it.

I suppose I could have worked longer, but I didn't need to, same with the wife. We left to make room for the younger employees. They need jobs to pay FICA....:2razz:

So hold off on that last breath, your age group has decades to go before you get to stop paying in to SS.....

I did 12.5 years active duty, and 10 years in the reserves. If I had not done the reserves, that 12 years would have been lost, except for the SS part.
So I agree that there should be some sort of "vesting" for those who don't make a career of it.

I suppose I could have worked longer, but I didn't need to, same with the wife. We left to make room for the younger employees. They need jobs to pay FICA....:2razz:

So hold off on that last breath, your age group has decades to go before you get to stop paying in to SS.....

When you first said "SS" the first thing that popped into mind was the Nazi's...

And thanks... spitting my last breath would be so negative, I would rather tell my kids that I love them and was proud of them.

It is just when I get into attacking the elderly, I get so damn hot under the collar! There is so much about these people that chaps my hide!

When you first said "SS" the first thing that popped into mind was the Nazi's...

And thanks... spitting my last breath would be so negative, I would rather tell my kids that I love them and was proud of them.

It is just when I get into attacking the elderly, I get so damn hot under the collar! There is so much about these people that chaps my hide!

you should hide your chaps, wouldn't want to have to explain them to the kids.... they know you ain't no cowboy, not in NZ where the only predator for sheep is the sheepherder.....:shock:

you should hide your chaps, wouldn't want to have to explain them to the kids.... they know you ain't no cowboy, not in NZ where the only predator for sheep is the sheepherder.....:shock:

I am a descendant of cowboys and settlers of the West that were the first to navigate the Oregon Trail in the early 1800's. Does that get me a cookie?

I am a descendant of cowboys and settlers of the West that were the first to navigate the Oregon Trail in the early 1800's. Does that get me a cookie?

Isn't Brokeback mountain on the Oregon trail? yes, you can have a cookie.....

Its my view that the majority of school districts have raped and robbed money from citizens so they can shovel money to Teachers Unions demands within and around the Chicago area. They are paid from $44K to over $100K WITH a pension and WITH free health care and WITH 3 months off. PLUS an average of more than 3 vacation days a MONTH.... and that doesnt include half-days. Ive dated a teacher and she really didnt do ****. The bell rand and she was out the dorr having after work drinks with her peers. :roll:

Do you have a source for this "100k"?
Cuz if so well hot damn!

as an active-duty member, I would love that, and would happily trade any claim on a pension for it.

So by default... you are saying that you can't prove that I attacked the elderly. Got it. Since I didn't, it is pretty obvious. Man up scooter. Dude, you're a joke.

BOG, tell the Air Force guy what you said, much EARLIER, about pensions in general, teacher-pensions, specifically, and retired people living too long on their retirement. STOP PLAYING GAMES, BOG. Tell the man. He deserves to hear it from YOU.

BOG, tell the Air Force guy what you said, much EARLIER, about pensions in general, teacher-pensions, specifically, and retired people living too long on their retirement. STOP PLAYING GAMES, BOG. Tell the man. He deserves to hear it from YOU.

Why don't you post my post that displayed my attack on the elderly instead... and again, for the fourth time, using a person's user name in the context that you are is against the forum rules. Utah knows that I hate him, but it isn't because he is elderly, it is because he was in the military and married to a teacher. Two of the most vile professions on the planet.

Has it occurred to you that he might be yanking your chain.....putting you on.....spinning you up.....being a prick.....?

@ op

I know a professor who makes around the same as an entry level employee at a fast food chain and he has hundreds of thousands in debt. Most teachers work second jobs over the summer as well.

Why don't you post my post that displayed my attack on the elderly instead... and again, for the fourth time, using a person's user name in the context that you are is against the forum rules. Utah knows that I hate him, but it isn't because he is elderly, it is because he was in the military and married to a teacher. Two of the most vile professions on the planet.

I thought you'd appreciate my adaptation of your handle to 'BogGodVita'. Where's your sense of humor?

@ op
I know a professor who makes around the same as an entry level employee at a fast food chain and he has hundreds of thousands in debt. Most teachers work second jobs over the summer as well.

Yeah...........and teaching in public schools in America today is a lot like taming wild animals for the circus. It isn't what most Americans think it is -- not by a long-shot. No one can know what it's like until they actually try it. It absolutely comes down to that. The task of standing before 30 wild teenagers, six to eight times a day, in an effort to lead them to intellectual success, in this massively confused world of ours, is an ultra-daunting task. No amount of talking about it can adequately describe its effects on those who try it. Teacher turn-over during the first five years is enormous. The average person simply can't withstand its demands. I had a student-teacher once who cried every day on the job. She broke down and CRIED, every single day, because of the challenges of teaching at my school. All I could do was console her. Somehow she got through it...................as did I. I even asked her once why she wanted to be a teacher, if teaching created such tremendous stress for her. She never really answered the question.

Last edited:
Has it occurred to you that he might be yanking your chain.....putting you on.....spinning you up.....being a prick.....?

I don't care enough about him to give that much thought to it. Technically, he's just another ex-teacher. They're a dime a dozen -- those who quit, but talk about the profession as though they succeeded at it.

Back
Top Bottom