• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tavern Pick'em Pool

Middleground

Lucky Beaver!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
2022.png

Are you ready for some football?
Come one Come all!!!
Big tall short and small!

You are cordially invited to participate in the 3rd annual edition of the Tavern's Rock'em-Sock'em-Pick'em football pool. The overall winner will be the one who picks the most winners by the end of the regular NFL football season. Last year that 'scoundrel' @Crovax ran away with the crown . . . now its time for pay back and to take him down!!!

This year we decided to also add a NEW CONTEST that could prove to be a lot of fun. Based-on the number of people who decide to join, we will randomly compile teams of 3-5 players (all dependent on how many people decide to join). Each week the teams will face off against each other with the lowest score being tossed.

My right-hand man, Agent J, will help organize this contest. Last year, AJ was master of compiling all kind of cool stats at the end of each week and has kindly agreed to do so again. You rock!

Heres the Recap of the AJ's special awards:

Warrior Pick:
is when you and only 3 others make a correct pick (this pick will be percentage-based on how many sign up, if we get to 20, 5 or less)

Loan Wolf Pick: is also a warrior pick but its when you are the only one to make a correct pick

Come Back Kid Award: is when you missed picks earlier in the week but still finish top 4

Titanic Pick – the opposite of a warrior award when 3 members go down with the sinking ship when the rest of use win (all so percentage based on participants)

Ray Finkle Award –the opposite of the warrior pick, if you are the only one to get a pick wrong

Even if you're not a guru please don't hesitate to join in on the fun. Sometimes, eenie-meeny-miny-moe works just as well! Trash talking and fun banter are most welcome (Crovax is a poopie-head!
😜
).

Kindly reply to the thread to let us know if you're in. GRRRRRRRRR GET SOME!!!!!!!!

2022.png

Come one Come all!!!

You are cordially invited to participate in the 3rd annual edition of the Tavern's Rock'em-Sock'em-Pick'em football pool. The overall winner will be the one who picks the most winners by the end of the regular NFL football season. Last year that 'scoundrel' @Crovax ran away with the crown . . . now its time for pay back and to take him down!!!

This year we decided to also add a NEW CONTEST that could prove to be a lot of fun. Based-on the number of people who decide to join, we will randomly compile teams of 3-5 players (all dependent on how many people decide to join). Each week the teams will face off against each other with the lowest score being tossed.

My right-hand man, Agent J, will help organize this contest. Last year, AJ was master of compiling all kind of cool stats at the end of each week and has kindly agreed to do so again. You rock!

Warrior Pick:
is when you and only 3 others make a correct pick (this pick will be percentage-based on how many sign up, if we get to 20, 5 or less)

Loan Wolf Pick: is also a warrior pick but its when you are the only one to make a correct pick

Come Back Kid Award: is when you missed picks earlier in the week but still finish top 4

Titanic Pick – the opposite of a warrior award when 3 members go down with the sinking ship when the rest of use win (all so percentage based on participants)

Ray Finkle Award –the opposite of the warrior pick, if you are the only one to get a pick wrong

Even if you're not a guru please don't hesitate to join in on the fun. Sometimes, eenie-meeny-miny-moe works just as well! Trash talking and fun banter are most welcome (Crovax is a poopie-head!
😜
).

Kindly reply to the thread to let us know if you're in. GRRRRRRRRR GET SOME!!!!!!!!

Double bonus last night. I won and the Lambs lost.

2022.png

Come one Come all!!!

Warrior Pick:

😜
).

1st season in...
How many wins a week has succeeded in the past. In other words...is 10 wins a winning total or was this a bad week?

1st season in...
How many wins a week has succeeded in the past. In other words...is 10 wins a winning total or was this a bad week?
10 wins per week is a total of about 59% for the year. Not too shabby, I forget what the total was last year, I’d be happy with an average of 10.

10 wins per week is a total of about 59% for the year. Not too shabby, I forget what the total was last year, I’d be happy with an average of 10.

NFL favorites win 66.5% of the time, so everyone should expect to be at least that good

NFL favorites win 66.5% of the time, so everyone should expect to be at least that good
You’re sporting a lot of red this week………..🤷

Ooooff...
And that's why I don't bet on NFL games.:oops:

NFL parity is a killer lol.

Buffalo - KC

What a game!

Tomorrow I will be announcing my rock solid pick of the week.

My stone cold lock solid pock of the week:

Give me the Cardinals on the road!

My rock-solid pick of the week: Give me the Cowboys with the upset.

Back
Top Bottom