• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target diversity chief demands 'White women' get to work against America's systemic racism

thats ridiculous and disingenuous as usual from you you are showing me SYNONYMS.
lol... So now, citing a dictionary is "ridiculous" and "disingenuous?" Whereas a random website is a valid authority? Who knew? 😆

Have you tried plugging your definition into the economic "equity-efficiency tradeoff"? Give it a shot, see if it works.

heres what i got searching for the actual term compared to equality.
I still think it's hilarious how you insist that looking at a dictionary is not a valid way to define words.😆

Anyway. Other definitions from your source, why did you skip these?

WHO: Equity is “the absence of avoidable or remediable differences among groups of people, whether those groups are defined socially, economically, demographically or geographically.”

CDC: “when everyone has the opportunity to be as healthy as possible.” As such, equity is a process and equality is an outcome of that process.

Oh, wait, guess what? You picked a publication from the Milken Institute, School of Public Health at GWU. They're not talking about employment, they're talking about health care. Oopsie!

Even your own understanding of your definition is warped. Equity is not about unfairly giving one group a leg up, and it's not about guaranteeing outcomes, it's about providing a fair environment -- because a fair environment will generally produce equal outcomes. E.g. "the same pay for the same work" doesn't mean that no one gets a performance bonus, or that better performing workers get the same bonus as everyone else. It means that everyone who had the same performance gets paid the same bonus, regardless of the color of their skin. It means making sure that racial or gender or other bias doesn't tilt those bonuses in favor of white straight cis men. It means making sure that white employees aren't given opportunities, or better quality opportunities, than their Black co-workers.

By the way, do you know why a lot of companies -- even ones trying very hard to be apolitical -- have DEI policies? Yeah, it's to make sure they are abiding by those laws written in the 1960s that you proclaim "ended racism." (Or at least, pretend to the rest of the world that they obey anti-discrimination laws. And yet, here you are, opposing those policies because of... What, exactly? A semantic snafu? A failure to comprehend what you're criticizing? Something like that, I'm sure. Let me know when you figure it out.

they dont care. DEI is embedded in HR depts, and they hold corporate hostage to their insanity
If it costs them sales -oh well.
What if it actually improves performance?

Oh, but you called DEI "insane," so I guess facts don't matter. 😆

You are never going to get the Catholic dictatorship you dream about.
I have no desire to establish a Catholic dictatorship in America

lol... So now, citing a dictionary is "ridiculous" and "disingenuous?" Whereas a random website is a valid authority? Who knew? 😆

Have you tried plugging your definition into the economic "equity-efficiency tradeoff"? Give it a shot, see if it works.

I still think it's hilarious how you insist that looking at a dictionary is not a valid way to define words.😆

Anyway. Other definitions from your source, why did you skip these?

WHO: Equity is “the absence of avoidable or remediable differences among groups of people, whether those groups are defined socially, economically, demographically or geographically.”

CDC: “when everyone has the opportunity to be as healthy as possible.” As such, equity is a process and equality is an outcome of that process.

Oh, wait, guess what? You picked a publication from the Milken Institute, School of Public Health at GWU. They're not talking about employment, they're talking about health care. Oopsie!

Even your own understanding of your definition is warped. Equity is not about unfairly giving one group a leg up, and it's not about guaranteeing outcomes, it's about providing a fair environment -- because a fair environment will generally produce equal outcomes. E.g. "the same pay for the same work" doesn't mean that no one gets a performance bonus, or that better performing workers get the same bonus as everyone else. It means that everyone who had the same performance gets paid the same bonus, regardless of the color of their skin. It means making sure that racial or gender or other bias doesn't tilt those bonuses in favor of white straight cis men. It means making sure that white employees aren't given opportunities, or better quality opportunities, than their Black co-workers.

By the way, do you know why a lot of companies -- even ones trying very hard to be apolitical -- have DEI policies? Yeah, it's to make sure they are abiding by those laws written in the 1960s that you proclaim "ended racism." (Or at least, pretend to the rest of the world that they obey anti-discrimination laws. And yet, here you are, opposing those policies because of... What, exactly? A semantic snafu? A failure to comprehend what you're criticizing? Something like that, I'm sure. Let me know when you figure it out.
from you sources
Im not writing a thesis everytime I reply. equity is mandated equality of out come
Bidens XOs constantly mention equality of outcomes ( not equal opportunities)

One new requirement from the executive order calls on agencies to add resources to their agency equity teams, which are tasked with coordinating internal equity initiatives and ensuring equitable outcomes

and this from a DEI advisor
Equality is the state of being equal in status, rights, and opportunities. This refers to making sure individuals or groups of people are given the same resources or rights to opportunities. Equality means that all employees are given equal benefits, standards, training, and opportunities in the business. Although this may appear to be a smart inclusion strategy at first glimpse, decision makers must recognize that not all employees start from the same situation.

Equity, on the other hand, is defined as the quality of being fair or impartial and just. This refers to not only support and resources given to an individual but outcomes as well.

Im not writing a thesis everytime I reply.
I don't expect you to do so. I do expect you to a) actually read your own sources, and b) bother to check the source of your links. It's obvious that all you did was skim the article to find a definition that you believe to be incendiary, while completely ignoring the context.

equity is mandated equality of out come
Sigh. No, that is not what it's saying. You're either sloppily or deliberately misreading the very words you repeatedly quote.

DEI is not Communism. It is not saying that everyone gets paid exactly the same regardless of individual merit. It's a recognition that racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination still exist; that the playing field is not level; and that when groups actually have equal opportunities, then it logically follows that those groups will have equal outcomes.

Bidens XOs constantly mention equality of outcomes ( not equal opportunities)
Yes, that's because when we see persistent and significant differences in outcomes, that's a RESULT of differences in opportunities.

One new requirement from the executive order calls on agencies to add resources to their agency equity teams, which are tasked with coordinating internal equity initiatives and ensuring equitable outcomes
lol... And yet again, you aren't reading your own sources. What is the Biden administration actually doing here?

President Joe Biden broadened out his goals for strengthening agencies’ ability to address barriers that some individuals face when trying to access federal services....

The Biden administration has defined equity as the fair treatment of individuals from all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, Black, Latino, Indigenous and Native American, Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander individuals, women and girls and LGBTQI+ individuals, as well as individuals who have disabilities and those who live in rural areas....

(Emphasis added)

What is the "outcome" that they are trying to make equitable? That's access to federal services, such as TANF, AFDC, ACA, farm subsidies and so on.

And what are "equitable outcomes?" They are FAIR outcomes.

The idea that this is some sort of horror show simply does not make sense.

and this from a DEI advisor
Equality is the state of being equal in status, rights, and opportunities. This refers to making sure individuals or groups of people are given the same resources or rights to opportunities. Equality means that all employees are given equal benefits, standards, training, and opportunities in the business. Although this may appear to be a smart inclusion strategy at first glimpse, decision makers must recognize that not all employees start from the same situation.

Equity, on the other hand, is defined as the quality of being fair or impartial and just. This refers to not only support and resources given to an individual but outcomes as well.
lol... Thanks for backing up my claim. Yet again, the point here is that equity is about fairness. It is literally right in the section you quoted.

Since your bias is getting in the way of what you're reading: The DEI advisor is saying "we want fair, impartial and just outcomes for all." It's astounding that you are misreading this to suggest something else.

Or, if you prefer, we can take your statements at face value -- which means that you are advocating for unfair outcomes and the perpetuation of discrimination. You sure that's what you want?

Back
Top Bottom