• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

talloulou

Status
Not open for further replies.

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I consider myself fairly moderate. In my normal day to day dealings with folks I think many on the left have some great ideas and many on the right have some ideas that I flat out abhor. However, that said I absolutely can’t stand most left wing TV personalities and politicians. Folks like Maxine Waters and Barney Frank have actually caused my skin to crawl. I’ve gotten pissed at the tv while watching Keith Olbermann. I can work up a real hatred for some of the more famous left wingers of the likes that no right winger could ever compare. For the most part I have zero party loyalty but do tend to vote Republican more often than not. I can’t stand when people apologize for things that are indefensible in a misguided attempt to be loyal to their side. Last election I voted for Obama because I absolutely couldn’t stand McCain by the end of the whole long nightmare. I figured if we’re going to drive the US off a cliff, let a Dem be at the wheel. I go back and forth constantly on whether I regret that decision as if my single vote would have made a bit of a difference. I lost my religion long ago. Fantasize about aliens. I think a one world government is not only inevitable but very forward minded as represented in most all of the best sci fi. I love conspiracy theories. I can’t stand listening to folks vilify rich people as I hope to be rich someday!
It’s hard to get a real rise out of me but I can go positively ballistic when I do blow. Mostly I’m here to learn. I realized long ago that most cable news and talk radio is propaganda and real journalism is gone from the airwaves. So I still listen, watch, and read but find debate politics an interesting vehicle for keeping up to date as well as a tool for opening my eyes up to something I might not have known. I have googled an inordinate amount of crap and hopefully learned something in the process all in the aim of winning a debate around here. I think these are really strange times where the news is at its absolute worst and yet most of us have access to oodles of information via the internet. So really there’s no excuse to not go dig it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom