• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surprising intense pain in left elbow. Why?

I know there are some pretty good people here with medical experience or just plain common sense of whom may explain why this happened to me.

OK, I got a nice jobsite table saw for Christmas and have been making things with it.
One of the things i made was a shooting bench with folding legs, so I could take it out on my property and enjoy some shooting without having to lay in the mud. It has been rather wet and slightly chilly here, so ...no.

On a sunny day, I take a very heavy rifle on a bipod and get it sighted in.
Once sighted in I fire another 30 rounds for fun.
The rifle is about 8 pounds and it is only a .22, so there is no recoil at all. Not much noise either.

When I shot it, I had my left elbow on the solid wood and later that day, and now for the next two days I have had to wear an elbow pad and take pain killers.
My other elbow was on the wood too, but only the forward part of it and no issue at all.
My left elbow, however, had the rear part of it on the wood and it is killing me.

I have since went out and stapled a piece of a yoga pad on it to prevent this happening again, but I am at a loss as to why it happened at all.
It's a killer. As I type this, I can touch it and it is still pretty sensitive, and I still have the brace on.

Any of you know what I did wrong?

Sounds like nerve impingement.

Back
Top Bottom