• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sunny Hostin: 'I feel like a hostage' to assault rifle owners

She's an idiot. Her chances of being killed by "an assault rifle owner" are infinitesimal. If she wants to feel like a real hostage, someone should tell her about the revolving prison door, which allows rapists to walk free in less time than she probably wants to put people in jail for having an 11-round pistol magazine.
She's just being a typical melodramatic The Spew host.

She is 100% right. the majority of these assault-rifle owners are not putting "country first." They are putting their own perverted self-interest ahead of what is best for the country.

Freedom is not the ability to own these killing weapons. That is not what freedom is all about.

She's a clown. I can see why you like her.

She's just being a typical melodramatic The Spew host.

If you included the AR-15 (and clones), you'd have a much bigger pool of guns - which is probably what she meant

As in "assault type weapons"

Tell her to go get herself one, then she'll have equality.

Yes. We need to model modern civil societies on war zones. There, everybody is armed and so can feel safe, because they are all finally equally empowered to defend themselves. An armed society is, after all, a polite society. And everyone is polite in a war zone.

If she doesn't want one then she shouldn't own one. If ahe is makibgs demands for others to follow on what they can and cant own then she needs to reevaluate her position on whio is holding who hostage.

Evidence of something not being there ?
Evidence that a large portion of the city fled protestors.

Do you have evidence that a chocolate teapot is not orbiting the Sun ?

So, no, you don't have any evidence to back up your claim

Evidence that a large portion of the city fled protestors.

So, no, you don't have any evidence to back up your claim

No evidence of them not being there

Just like I've no evidence of a chocolate teapot orbiting the sun.

You probably won't be able to rabbit hole @cpwill , and it's pretty obvious anyway that you're already flailing. Having failed to provide anything to support another of your assertions.

If she doesn't want one then she shouldn't own one. If ahe is makibgs demands for others to follow on what they can and cant own then she needs to reevaluate her position on whio is holding who hostage.

She is saying what people cshouldn't own...and she is anything but alone in this POV.

So, to be clear, you made a positive assertion (that many fled) that you made up entirely, and have no supporting evidence for whatsoever.

She is saying what people cshouldn't own...and she is anything but alone in this POV.
I'm sure people agree with her. I am not one of them and will fight to prevent her from holding gun owners hostage.

She is 100% right. the majority of these assault-rifle owners are not putting "country first." They are putting their own perverted self-interest ahead of what is best for the country.

Freedom is not the ability to own these killing weapons. That is not what freedom is all about.

She can go play in traffic. Freedom is exactly being able to do what you like and own what you like so long as you don't DIRECTLY harm someone else. Whiny bitchy little girl she is.

She's an idiot. Her chances of being killed by "an assault rifle owner" are infinitesimal. If she wants to feel like a real hostage, someone should tell her about the revolving prison door, which allows rapists to walk free in less time than she probably wants to put people in jail for having an 11-round pistol magazine.

This was all that was needed for this thread. Good job.

="Bucky, post: 1073701738, member: 26694"]

What is the majority of assault rifle owners or how many do you figure live within half a mile of you? You can answer that, just ballpark it.
Let us say for 100 years people have been fighting (with these very weapons) and dying for FREEDOM. Do you know what that is or what you've been told it is?

So, to be clear, you made a positive assertion (that many fled) that you made up entirely, and have no supporting evidence for whatsoever.

So you need pictures of the city, on that day, with no local residents in them - is that the kind of proof that you need

I also made a positive assertion that there is no chocolate teapot orbiting the sun...would a picture of empty space provide sufficient proof for you ?

Are you making an assertion that Richmond's residents were to be found in their normal numbers, in public, that day ?

If you included the AR-15 (and clones), you'd have a much bigger pool of guns - which is probably what she meant

As in "assault type weapons"
Now Rich you are starting to wander off into the weeds. Sunny girl is talking about assualt rifles and you are talking about "assault type weapons".

So you need pictures of the city, on that day, with no local residents in them - is that the kind of proof that you need

I also made a positive assertion that there is no chocolate teapot orbiting the sun...would a picture of empty space provide sufficient proof for you ?

Are you making an assertion that Richmond's residents were to be found in their normal numbers, in public, that day ?

I think he just wants you to provide something showing where you got your information that many residents fled the city that day. 'Pears he suspects you may have made that shit up.

Absolutely, nothing demonstrated this more than the Jan 2020 demonstration in Richmond, Va where perhaps 10,000 gun owners terrorized a small town's residents

And the Jan 6th insurrection riot when (admittedly unarmed but many in the same kind of military clothing) the RW tried to usurp the lawfully elected government.

Some of the Capitol rioters who did not dress up as security guards were armed.

Now Rich you are starting to wander off into the weeds. Sunny girl is talking about assualt rifles and you are talking about "assault type weapons".

Yes but I think you can say she didn't mean "assault rifles" exclusively, but rather the much mentioned (though incorrect) term "assault type weapons".

Some of the Capitol rioters who did not dress up as security guards were armed.

Dressed as security guards ?

"But a review of the federal charges against the alleged rioters shows that they did come armed, and with a variety of weapons: stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs. An additional suspect also allegedly planted pipe bombs by the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties the night before the riot and remains at large.

Not saying you're wrong but where have you seen reports of the rioters armed with guns or dressed as security guards ?

I agree. It's time to put the well-regulated militia part back in the Second. This rampant private ownership of assault weapons is ridiculous. There is no need for people to have National Guard like arms.
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

Do you ever get tired of being so wrong all the time.

Not saying you're wrong but where have you seen reports of the rioters armed with guns or dressed as security guards?

I said people who were NOT dressed as security guards were armed.

Back
Top Bottom