• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study: Military is ready for transgender troops

Well, obviously people here think shop owners should be required to design anything the customer wants.

Until a customer demands that an unwilling business owner sell a good or service with a conservative socio political view point- then the tune changes.

:roll:

It is the same thing. A business that holds out to the public cannot discriminate on the basis of race or religion, and many states add sexual orientation to that list. "Oh, I just didn't want to make a wedding cake for an interracial wedding!" Same exact thing.

Political party affiliation is also a protected classification (regarding public accommodation laws) in some states, I believe. Will have to google that.

Being in the Tea Party is not something that is protected. A person chooses to be in the Tea Party. The same with the Democrats. Or some environmental group. You are choosing that. People do not choose to be gay or to fall in love with someone who is black, white, man, woman, atheist, Catholic, Jewish, Wiccan, tall, short, etc. I think they should have to serve the group, but the law doesn't cover them.

No one has said anything about sending any bakery or business staff to "rehab to cure them" of any objections, not by government mandate. Heck, no one is forcing any bakery to show that they have served every protected group. No business has to do that. That is ridiculous.

I'm still calling bull. I've actually been in. I know how it is. That one guy we had who made any sort of noise against gay personnel serving with us couldn't even articulate why it would matter. We go out sure, but we have individual stalls for most things and we brought up the point that gays have always been there. If they were going to look at you naked, they were going to do that whether they told you they were gay beforehand or not.

My experience is pretty similar to the vast majority of those who served. Even most of those that were surveyed said there wasn't any issues with morale. The rest need to provide specifics for what issues they saw otherwise it is just plain them complaining to me.

Probably a net increase in female uniforms.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…