• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Strzok-Page texts reveal personal relationship between FBI official and judge recused from Flynn cas

The Prof

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
contreras is on fisc

judge shopping?

The federal judge who presided over former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s case last year before mysteriously being recused had a personal relationship with anti-Trump FBI official Peter Strzok, according to text messages obtained and reviewed by Fox News. The revelations about U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras are found in a new batch of text messages between Strzok and his FBI paramour, Lisa Page. Contreras was appointed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) in 2016, a topic of conversation between Strzok and Page.

“Rudy is on the FISC! Did you know that?” Page texted Strzok on July 25, 2016. “Just appointed two months ago.”

“I did," Strzok replied. "We talked about it before and after. I need to get together with him.”

He also texted about the importance of "being circumspect in talking to him in terms of not placing him into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself.”

Page replied that she couldn’t “imagine either one of you could talk about anything in detail meaningful enough to warrant recusal.”

Page added: “Standards for recusal are quite high. I just don’t think this poses an actual conflict. And he doesn’t know what you do?”

Strzok replied: “Generally he does know what I do. Not the level or scope or area. But he’s super thoughtful and rigorous about ethics and conflicts.”

Days after Flynn’s guilty plea, Contreras was recused from the case, replaced by Judge Emmet Sullivan. No explanation for the recusal has been given up to this point. But experts think the relationship with Strzok may provide that missing piece of the puzzle.

Flynn pleaded guilty on Dec. 1. Reports began to surface of Strzok sending anti-Trump texts to Page on Dec. 2. Contreras recused himself from the case on Dec. 7.

Strzok-Page texts reveal personal relationship between FBI official and judge recused from Flynn case | Fox News

there's more, transcribed from brett baier

dismiss this as fox at your peril, by all means, help yourself

more transcription, obviously leaked by congressional R's

peter: "she (unknown) brought up a good point about being circumspect in talking to him in terms of not placing him into a situation where he'd have to recuse himeself"

lisa: "i can't imagine either of you could talk about anything meaningful enough to warrant recusal"

a separate exchange leaked by wicked nunes to liar fox:

romeo: "really? i'm in charge of espionage for the fbi, any espionage comes before him, what could he do? given his friend oversees him?

juliet: "he's super thoughtful and rigorous about ethics and conflicts"

capulet: "M (unknown) suggested a social setting with others would probably be better than a one on one meeting, i'm sorry i'm just going to have to invite you to that cocktail party, going to have to come up with some other work people cover for action"

montague: "why more? 6 is a perfectly fine dinner party"

why did contreras recuse himself from flynn?

Last edited:
emmet g sullivan replaced contreras

emmet g sullivan is pissed

Judicial order in Flynn case prompts new round of scrutiny | TheHill

emmet g sullivan is a stickler/freak for disclosure

emmet g sullivan remembers ted stephens (you don't cuz all you do is talk, and you appear almost never to read)

emmet g sullivan exposed lois lerner who copped the 5th (imagine nyt's reaction if the WH were R), lois lerner is irs

andrew weissman got busted (hard) by both 5th circuit and scotus (9-0) for failure to disclose, among other abuses

the doj got blown up its face in vegas, 0-4 vs cliven bundy, last summer, judge ramos kicked doj outta her court almost violently, disclosure and worse

you got any problem with thehill?

party on

emmet g sullivan replaced contreras

emmet g sullivan is pissed

Judicial order in Flynn case prompts new round of scrutiny | TheHill

emmet g sullivan is a stickler/freak for disclosure

emmet g sullivan remembers ted stephens (you don't cuz all you do is talk, and you appear almost never to read)

emmet g sullivan exposed lois lerner who copped the 5th (imagine nyt's reaction if the WH were R), lois lerner is irs

andrew weissman got busted (hard) by both 5th circuit and scotus (9-0) for failure to disclose, among other abuses

the doj got blown up its face in vegas, 0-4 vs cliven bundy, last summer, judge ramos kicked doj outta her court almost violently, disclosure and worse

you got any problem with thehill?

party on

I like Sullivan. He's a stand up judge that doesn't have much patience for BS. The report from Horowitz, the DOJ OIG, should be out in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom