• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Striving to make others disbelieve in God — a question of ethics/morality

Is it ethical/moral to try and make others disbelieve in God?

• Yes

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Not a question of ethics/morality

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Not more or less so than trying to make others believe in God

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
There are times in all of out lives when something that feels like it could be a god appears to intervene in out behalf. But, of course, the idea defies logic and can be explained away in much more rational terms than invoking sky daddy. For the most part, we should be able to conclude that being given the gift of "salvation" is a human condition we invented to comfort ourselves. As for miracles--I am sure "god" did not make it so I survived a car crash while handing some 4-year-old leukemia.

Nor did he enable those Hollywood stars and Football players to achieve those awards. Watching them walk the red carpet, with the homeless man in the background is proof of that. Like I said, somewhere along the line God was replaced with a Genie who grants wishes.

Understandable a thousand years ago, not so much now. We got gullible, brainwashed posters ..posting 1500 year old passages from the Koran like it means something for all of us.
Its not sad, its funny ..the lengths our imaginations can take us, even in 2020, its hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom