• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

St Luke 16:19 tells a very interesting story about how winning in this life means losing in the next / vice versa

narrowroad

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Read this passage and let me know what you think

What it calls to mind for ME is how the Bidenators went all out to win the presidency so they could make huge $$$ off China and just whatever else they could make $$ off of..

They committed fraud (allegedly? I can barely write that A word) to get "the world"

But Jesus of course says (not in that above psg but...)

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole w orld but lose his soul?"

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul?"

I'm sure you probably don't see the irony in posting the above after Trump, members of his administration, and a large portion of Republicans in Congress engaged in a months long effort to attack the credibility of a free and fair election in order to overturn the results and steal power.

How do you believe your God will greet those who beat a cop to death based on those lies? Those who emboldened the mob for their personal benefit? Those who continue to lie even to this day because they know it's good for their careers?

What it calls to mind for ME is how the Bidenators went all out to win the presidency so they could make huge $$$ off China and just whatever else they could make $$ off of..

They committed fraud (allegedly? I can barely write that A word) to get "the world"

Spamming the board with these ridiculous threads is getting tedious.

You mean like the malignant narcissist scumbag lying grifter & traitor along with all the cons who chose to sell their soul for the great conman? I agree.

Strange interpretation .........

Rump lied more the 30,000 times while in office which could indicate he is going straight to hell ......

Yes, that's known as "motivated reasoning." Your interpretation is also incredibly hypocritical.

In that parable, it's screamingly obvious that Trump plays the role of the wealthy man. He was born into wealth, inherited more wealth, stayed wealthy by burning his investors, and by abusing the tax laws -- not out of principle, of course, but out of greed.

Throughout his career, Trump has done NOTHING for the poor and downtrodden. He thinks they are all losers and suckers, and their only job is to pay attention to him.

If Trump -- an unrepentant, wealthy, greedy, self-centered, adulterous, thrice-divorced man who abuses his own charities and has no use for the Bible (remember his reference to "Two Corinthians"?) -- had won, you would be absolutely exultant, and proclaiming it was the will of God.

You certainly wouldn't be scouring the Bible, looking for passages that fit your pre-determined conclusions.

Yep. That is exactly what religious Trump supporters should be asking themselves right now.

Religious conservatives, especially evangelicals, sold out their principles for nothing. On the political side, since 2017 Republicans lost control of Congress, the Presidency, 6 governorships, and 245 state legislative seats.

On the social side: Society is every bit as secular today as it was 4 years ago. Abortion is still legal. Same-sex marriage is still legal. Discrimination in the name of religious beliefs have barely changed.

In exchange for all that nothing, religious conservatives severely damaged their standing and reputation. Makes you think, huh? :unsure:

What in the precise **** is that supposed to mean?

Bearing false witness is a very serious sin. You don't know that Biden cheated.

If you claim to be a person of faith at the very least you should care about the truth. Donald Trump is a habitual liar who attacks his opponents with lies. He claimed Obama's birth certificate was a fraud. He made all kinds of false claims about Dominion voting machines.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

It's always funny when churchgoers pretend that they are followers of Christ... especially those who praise and venerate the ultra rich.

"So therefore, none of you can become my disciple if you do not give up all your possessions." ~ Luke 14:31

Back
Top Bottom