• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speed cameras in Chicago

Indeed hometown.....oh and knew a couple that worked at Perros off of 30. I learned all about the far South once my mother decided to put me in Glenwood School for Boys. Which back then it was a Military school. Like around 4th grade. Now it is a Boys and Girls School. Plus there is a North Side Campus. Course they phased out the military and now they run around in Blazers when they are in school. Got me out of running the streets all the time. That's for sure. Well except on weekends and Summers. You know how it is. ;)

Hung out at most of the known spots. Ciprianis, Lorenzetti's, Harry's Old Town in Downtown Crete. Same with his New Town in Steger. Legends Bar too. Course most all Hot spots out South. As there wasn't many. Hell Joe Orr woods.....we watched Joe Satriani out there playing his guitar when it use to be the party woods.

Didn't get into shooting pool much except when I was younger. Course I wasn't a Dart guy nor a Bowler, either.
yo2.gif

Not trying to hijack the thread, but yeah, If I had a $1 for every time I got threatened with the Glenwood School for Boys, I'd be too wealthy to talk to. All them other spots I know well, still do graduations and what not at Lorenzetti's from time to time. Met my wife at Chuck's in Crete for pete's sake...

The order taker over at Perros(long hair, fu manchu) , man that guy was a wasted talent, I remember too many times the line out the door and him taking orders and handing them out by memory, I'm talking 30 different orders over and over and not screwing up once...

Here's a question, Sanfrantello's or Aurelio's?

Yep, ha, we probably know some of the same people, or family thereof, and probably a few whose name's wouldn't be much appreciated put out on the internet, if you catch my meaning...;)

Here's a question, Sanfrantello's or Aurelio's?

Yep, ha, we probably know some of the same people, or family thereof, and probably a few whose name's wouldn't be much appreciated put out on the internet, if you catch my meaning...;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's easy one.....Sanfrantello's.

Yeah, I think we would know several of the same people and most definitely they wouldn't want to see their names in light. Pretty much nowheres.

Course now on that Pizza..... none are holding a candle to Arrenello's Thin Crust and the Priazzo.

Though Cipriani's closed down. They still have the Spaghetti factory out there. Plus Now that the Baby is the OM.....that's all he does is race his pony at Balmoral.

I use to sneak in when Homewood use to have their race-track. Washington Racetrack next to Washington Mall. Also know as Robert Hall Village. :lol: Course that was back before Homewood and Flossmoor became 2 separate suburbs. My Mother was living out in CC. Hills. Right next to unicorporated Homewood and Unicorp Flossmoor.

Look at the cameras they had out down at Lincoln Mall.....plus now several of those suburbs have put some up going down Halsted. Specially once you get over to Harvey and Riverdale Calumet Park and leading into the City.

Oh and did you hear that bit about the Mall Caving in on itself?

They change mine. When I know where the cameras are I drive very safely and so do just about everybody I see. Last thing I want is a ticket in the mail. I deserve them though and wouldn't fight it.

But... does it change your driving habits ALL THE TIME, or just when you're near the cameras?

But... does it change your driving habits ALL THE TIME, or just when you're near the cameras?

Of course not all the time... I speed. I am also a dad and pretty much chill as I drive now though...

That's the sad fact. Will the money be used to save taxpayers money? :rofl -- Not a chance. They will use it to grow government. It's the natural human condition, sadly.

They just opened a Macy's at Gurnee Mills, which is expected to bring in a whole lot of tax dollars (forget what the estimate was) and the mayor has already come out and stated that the increased revenue will not be used to decrease other taxes. Instead, it just means they will not raise the taxes on their residents - read they will be increasing spending.

Last weekend we were in Clearwater and there were signs at some intersections warning of redlight cameras. We were nearly rear ended at one of those.

When you are approaching an intersection and the light turns yellow, sometimes you can't know if you will make it thru all the way or should you all but slam on your brakes.

As for speeding cameras?

This was a few years ago but we exited an Interstate up in the Florida panhandle and when we came back on - which was only possible further down the road - there were red cones along side the road - but NO speed limit sign. We knew enough to slow WAY down - but also ready to swing fast over on the shoulder to avoid getting rear ended. Over the hill were THIRTEEN radar cars - county and state - lined along the road and another half dozen had cars pulled over just ahead.

In the middle they had a sign dropping the speed to 45 (which is the minimal legal Interstate speed) and declaring it a construction zone (no construction going on), which doubles the fine. It was the PERFECT speed trap. Exactly 100% of people coming onto the Interstate had no idea the speed limit had changed or was only 45. It also was a death trap - it had cars going 40 mph (with a 45 mph speed limit) and cars going 76 mph - thinking it the regular Interstate speed.

Speeding cameras means speed-trap cameras.

When are they just going to have GPS in cars to once a month the police would mail people there tickets for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, going too fast, and going too slow? They could tie it into car's computers and add changing lanes without signalling and stopping to close to an intersection - and of course parking too far from the curb, changing lanes in an Intersection, not turning on lights in the rain etc.

Back
Top Bottom