• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Special counsel John Durham's long-awaited report on FBI's Russia investigation released by DOJ

I recognize these words, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen them in this particular order before.

If that is what Durham said, then Durham is lying. In multiple ways.

If Durham said this, then Durham is lying. Because the FBI opened the investigation in July after the Trump foreign policy advisor told an Australian diplomat that Russia was offering their assistance to the Trump campaign.
that is not what we know now. The whole thing is debunked. Stop watching MSM only

I believe it was on the report. FBI informed the whole gang (Hillary, Obama, Biden ....) at one point.
Informed them of what, be soecific ? Please cite where in the report Durham implicates anyone of those three in any wrongdoing ?

that is not what we know now. The whole thing is debunked. Stop watching MSM only
The people involved literally admitted to it. Trump Jr. admitted to taking meetings with Russians. So did PapaD. And Rick Gates. Stone was found guilty of lying about it.

Why are you posting so many stupid things?

Durham is kryptonite now. Watch him get ostracized by MAGA and the GOP.
Yah think Snake? The MAGA wing of the party seems to care less when their people are caught lying. They just create a new lie to deflect from the old one. I get the impression the MAGA live in a fantasy world and nothing will pop their bubble.

Now as for the rest of the GOP I think if they are planning to win an election they should have spoken up before Trump was elected and not vote him in and should have been speaking out during his tenure and now after it.

They have failed to do so with the exception of a few Senators and Congresspeople.

I don't think a damn thing will happen to Durham and he will continue with his lies no different than Trump. Cruz, Graham, et al.

You know that French expression Snake..la plus que se changes, sa changes riens. The more it changes the more it stays the same.

Informed them of what, be soecific ? Please cite where in the report Durham implicates anyone of those three in any wrongdoing ?
Define "wrongdoing". If you know that someone is telling a lie and you say nothing are you committing "wrongdoing"?

The whole link-up Russian to Trump operation.

Define "wrongdoing". If you know that someone is telling a lie and you say nothing are you committing "wrongdoing"?
It depends on who is telling the lie, why they are telling the lie, the seriousness of the lie amongst otter things. However, I was addressing 366h34d and the claim in his post that the 3 mentioned were in on the plan. My question is what plan and what is in the Durham report to support his claim.

I did, but it didn't answer my question in any way. Which is why I asked you.

Wait...what mud? The FBI didn't announce any investigation into Trump until months after the election. The FBI opened an investigation into Russian activities back in July because of information they received from an Australian diplomat. The investigation as a whole proved to be accurate and on point.

What are you trying to claim here?

I've read your post and just did so again. You're trying to claim the FBI "got played" and/or willingly participated. I'm asking you what you think they willingly participated in or how they got played. And I'm asking you why you think there is a problem with a private citizen trying to politically tie together the country that hacked her with the man who asked them to hack her.

I'm not being snarky, but you're being vague and appear to be relying a lot on innuendo. What exactly is it you think happened here?
The FBI investigation into Trump and possible connections to Russia was made public by the New York Times on October 31, 2016, which was before the election. Sure, they didn't announce it, but it was out there.

You'd know what I was claiming if you actually read what I wrote. Try again and be sure to read the post I quoted from a year ago.

Time for me to ask you a question, one that I've asked others before but has somewhat enhanced meaning with the Durham Report information...
By October 2016 (arguably several weeks sooner) do you think the FBI should have been aware that they were likely caught up in a political action meant to harm an opponent?
I suspect you won't give a simple answer to that one, so try this:
After being briefed by the CIA that there was allegedly an ongoing plan to link Trump to Russia to help HRC politically, and after seeing the circular dissemination of information that they were being peppered with regarding that very subject, do you think think anyone at the FBI did or should have had an "ummmm, guys..." moment?

Wow! How did Durham miss that if you know it to be true the evidence must have been right in his face!
It's right from his report. The CIA director briefed them on the matter.

The people involved literally admitted to it. Trump Jr. admitted to taking meetings with Russians. So did PapaD. And Rick Gates. Stone was found guilty of lying about it.

Why are you posting so many stupid things?
That is why I tell you not to watch MSM only. After those stories, the FBI did not have enough 'factual evidence' to investigate allegations of Trump-Russia collusion, but they still opened and investigated it. That is what the report finds.
It is like you are caught over the speed limit in the school zone, and the FBI opens a file on an illegal street racing against you.

It's right from his report. The CIA director briefed them on the matter.
Specifically on what matter? The inference in the post I addresed is that they were " in on the plan" . What plan I am not sure but the inference is they were complicit with the FBI and their actions and their investigation. Durham made no such claim. Happy to be corrected with the specific citation in context.

It depends on who is telling the lie, why they are telling the lie, the seriousness of the lie amongst otter things. However, I was addressing 366h34d and the claim in his post that the 3 mentioned were in on the plan. My question is what plan and what is in the Durham report to support his claim.
Page 95 of the PDF -
ii. White House briefing
On August 3, 20 I 6, within days of receiving the Clinton Plan intelligence, Director
Brennan met with the President, Vice President and other senior Administration officials,
including but not limited to the Attorney General (who participated remotely) and the FBI
Director, in the White House Situation Room to discuss Russian election interference efforts.
According to Brennan's handwritten notes and his recollections from the meeting, he briefed on
relevant intelligence known to date on Russian election interference, including the Clinton Plan
intelligence. Specifically, Director Brennan's declassified handwritten notes reflect that he
briefed the meeting's participants regarding the "alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on 26 July
of a proposal from one of her [campaign] advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a
scandal claiming interference by the Russian security services."

Specifically on what matter? The inference in the post I addresed is that they were " in on the plan" . What plan I am not sure but the inference is they were complicit with the FBI and their actions and their investigation. Durham made no such claim. Happy to be corrected with the specific citation in context.
Unlike the hunter laptop's CIA/FBI letter, no one says one of them ordered the FBI / CIA to open the investigation and leaked it to the MSM yet.

Yes the intelligence agency briefed the President and Vice President on Russian interference into the election as they should have given it was a national security issue. Clinton was also briefed on issues involving Russian interference in her campaign..as was Trump. That is a far cry from saying they were "in on the plan " and implying they were quilty of some wrongdoing.

Unlike the hunter laptop's CIA/FBI letter, no one says one of them ordered the FBI / CIA to open the investigation and leaked it to the MSM yet.
That is not an answer to my question.....in fact it isn't even an answer.

The Clinton Plan.

Try to think of it like a simple logical diagram.
1️⃣ James Comey, among others, are briefed of a possible plan hatched by the HRC team to link Trump to Russia to help distract from HRC's email scandal, and obviously by extension harm Trump.
2️⃣ Soon after the FBI is receiving more and more information from Steele, who had been hired by Fusion who was hired by the HRC campaign.
3️⃣ At a minimum Comey and Strzok knew of Step 1 and obviously they and many more knew of Step 2.
4️⃣ The FBI begins seeing things that they are being given turn up in newspaper reports which initially damages their relationship with Steele.

Now, think of all involved and what they knew. The CIA obviously was aware because it was Brennan who briefed the others. The others (Comey, Obama, Lynch,...) knew because they had been briefed. Obviously all of these people were aware of what was being reported at the time.
Knowing of the possible "Clinton Plan", and then all of this stuff being passed around Washington, is it not reasonable to infer that at least one of these seemingly intelligent people might have said "gee ya know guys, kinda weird how we heard about that Clinton plan and now all this stuff is being passed around Washington."

The Clinton Plan.

Try to think of it like a simple logical diagram.
1️⃣ James Comey, among others, are briefed of a possible plan hatched by the HRC team to link Trump to Russia to help distract from HRC's email scandal, and obviously by extension harm Trump.
2️⃣ Soon after the FBI is receiving more and more information from Steele, who had been hired by Fusion who was hired by the HRC campaign.
3️⃣ At a minimum Comey and Strzok knew of Step 1 and obviously they and many more knew of Step 2.
4️⃣ The FBI begins seeing things that they are being given turn up in newspaper reports which initially damages their relationship with Steele.

Now, think of all involved and what they knew. The CIA obviously was aware because it was Brennan who briefed the others. The others (Comey, Obama, Lynch,...) knew because they had been briefed. Obviously all of these people were aware of what was being reported at the time.
Knowing of the possible "Clinton Plan", and then all of this stuff being passed around Washington, is it not reasonable to infer that at least one of these seemingly intelligent people might have said "gee ya know guys, kinda weird how we heard about that Clinton plan and now all this stuff is being passed around Washington."
Please point to all of that as summarized by Durham in his report.

Yes the intelligence agency briefed the President and Vice President on Russian interference into the election as they should have given it was a national security issue. Clinton was also briefed on issues involving Russian interference in her campaign..as was Trump. That is a far cry from saying they were "in on the plan " and implying they were quilty of some wrongdoing.
If you pay attention to what was briefed you'll see that the interference briefing INCLUDED the "Clinton Plan". On August 3, 2016, the White House, including Obama and Biden, were briefed that, among other things, Clinton planned to run a scheme to "vilify" Trump by tying him to Russian interference. At that point, if not before, they all KNEW that Clinton was promoting this allegation in an effort to distract from her email scandal (that aspect is disclosed in the "factual background" section a few pages before what I quoted).

It's called the "Clinton Campaign Plan" in the report. It starts at page 81, if you care.

It starts at page 81.

Have you read the report?

Durham's report was the latest Big Payoff moment, to finally nail those Pesky Democrats. As ever it's a bust, and all those pent up emotions are withering away into some kind of vague future Big Payoff, somewhen.

FwV7SI0WwAANTHi

Must we play games? You're on this Godforsaken website so I am pretty sure you know much of this already. The briefing topic and dates are in the report and have been posted in this thread.

So as somebody else in this thread asked, if this is all that this whole Trump/Russia conspiracy thing was, why didn't Mueller figure it out?

Answered already numerous times throughout the Years.

I'm not holding your hand

I for one have not said Russian agents did no hacking. But purchasing info without knowing its source is not illegal, and we're concerned here with whether the FBI had any justification for investigating Trump or his people.
They phished and trump because he can't keep his mouth shut asked Russia to look for the emails.

That's his opinion.. coo

No, that was not it. the intelligence agency briefed them on Clinton's wife was coming up with a plan to link Trump / Russian.

Back
Top Bottom