• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOTU address an A+. Thank you President Biden.

And they are curtailing Russian oil purchases on their own

U.S. Refiners Cut Russian Oil Imports​

By Charles Kennedy - Mar 03, 2022, 9:30 AM CST
Some of the biggest U.S. importers of Russian crude oil have started suspending their purchases of the commodity, including Monroe Energy, which is the third-biggest U.S. buyer of Russian oil.
Bloomberg reports that Monroe Energy had stopped importing Russian oil "for the foreseeable future," while another importer, Par Pacific Holdings, would not enter into new purchase agreements but would receive already contracted volumes.
It's the only way it can happen. Biden would be wrong, and highly criticized I might add, if he put sanctions like that on American oil companies.

It's the only way it can happen. Biden would be wrong, and highly criticized I might add, if he put sanctions like that on American oil companies.

It's nice, but meaningless in the wider picture. Every barrel of oil we don't buy from Russia is a barrel we buy from someone else, that was previously sold to someone else. Basically, the world is consuming every barrel of oil produced globally, so unless you get the whole world to refuse Russian oil, it is just a game of musical chairs

Most oil companies are international regardless of where they are incorporated. If a oil company such as BP refuses to purchase any Russian oil it would matter.....but I doubt they will.

Most oil companies are international regardless of where they are incorporated. If a oil company such as BP refuses to purchase any Russian oil it would matter.....but I doubt they will.

Not true, *all* of them would have to stop.

Imagine you have 100 oil companies around the world. 99 of them stop buying oil. The last remaining buys all the oil and sells it to the same customers as before.

The world is in deficit with oil production right now, inventories are declining/thin, so people are buying it all

Of course that assumes the one left could both afford it and process it.

Dude. You posted the opinion of one person and then a far right wing extremist website.
And? Is there are point?

If you think the Federalist is an extremist site, then you really do live in an alternate reality.

Every Sunday. We go on our one day off a week together. We also don't gorge ourselves either.
I don't live on Kraft Mac and Cheese. Every once in a while I like a steak. Don't you know what steak or bacon cost. Try the cost of chicken.
https://www.move.org/the-average-cost-of-food-in-the-us/ (June 2021 figures)

As of 2021, a pound of sliced bacon retailed for around 7.21 U.S. dollars. This figure constitutes an increase of 23.7 percent compared to the price in 2020

May be if we flood the market with more government spending the price will come down.

Worst SOTU ever. Biden looking and sounding real old olf and feeble.
I haven't gotten around to watching it. That said, since @KLATTU said it was the worst ever, I now know that it was actually fairly good. Thanks KLATTU.

I don't live on Kraft Mac and Cheese. Every once in a while I like a steak. Don't you know what steak or bacon cost. Try the cost of chicken.
https://www.move.org/the-average-cost-of-food-in-the-us/ (June 2021 figures)

As of 2021, a pound of sliced bacon retailed for around 7.21 U.S. dollars. This figure constitutes an increase of 23.7 percent compared to the price in 2020

May be if we flood the market with more government spending the price will come down.
We don't live on it either. It's called planning ahead, budgeting, and being creative with what you make.

We are also training to run two OCR's this year, one of them is 9 miles, so weight's gotta come down.

Biden's approval numbers shot up after the speech.

Biden's approval numbers shot up after the speech.
Give it time.
Biden said to fund police, let's see what happens
Biden said we need to close the border, let's see what happens.
No action Joe means his numbers will once again drop.

I haven't gotten around to watching it. That said, since @KLATTU said it was the worst ever, I now know that it was actually fairly good. Thanks KLATTU.
when the Rs have to nit pick about things like teleprompters you know it was an A+

Back
Top Bottom