• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Someone with vaccine hesitancy applies ... Do you ...

If a vaccine hesitant person applies and you get to decide, what do you do?

• Prefer the app. This person seems smart.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My educational background and research experience aren't irrelevant, and for you to say that is anti-intellectual and anti-scientific. In fact, my educational background in statistics is going to debunk the info graphic you just posted. First of all, that info graphic you just posted is highly generalized. Who is the main demographic entering the ICU for covid19? Divide the lower minority (which I am part of) by the total and you will get a minuscule rate per 10,000. Where are these people living? In high populated areas or low density areas (like I am, which is rural)? What is their exposure quotient? You can't treat every human being the same in risk assessment by posting such a basic graphic, and then take it as evidence that you get to lecture people about their health choices. Doesn't work that way, especially with your obvious anti-science bent. That's called cherry picking the evidence.

I have no need to board a plane. I don't have anywhere I need to go. I don't need my rights or lackthereof dictated by you simply because you feel righteous about lecturing me over my medical choices. My rights are inalienable, they're not defined by a medical procedure.

I'm not telling you what to do with your life, but you're trying to tell me what to do with my life. You have no business. I'm not an anti-vaxer, enough with the stupid ad homs. You haven't lifted a finger to read any real science or statistics. You have no credibility in this debate. The fact that you dish out the anti-vax moniker shows what little ground you have to stand on.

I'm not taking an experimental drug until I know the long-term effects scientifically. If you think that's stupid then all the power to you. Your opinions don't dictate my rights. And FYI, I would have this opinion for any drug that was experimental. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a vaccine. Fact is, getting covid or having a vaccine reaction are statistically low, especially if you live in a low density area. You're literally talking about tens of points per 10,000. 24.9 per 10,000 is 0.0024% chance you will end up in the ICU if you get covid. Wow, so scary.

Your rights are inalienable but they only extend to you. If an airline chose not to allow you to board a plane because you are not vaccinated, that is there right. If your employer said you cannot return to work until you are vaccinated that is there right.
Moreover, even if you are in a low risk of serious complications from Covid, you are not at a low risk of spreading Covid to others if you are unvaccinated.

I just shoot 'em before they kill somebody....oh, wait. Never mind. I'll just maim them. They'll get the vaccine unknowingly at the ER. There. That's much better.

Your rights are inalienable but they only extend to you. If an airline chose not to allow you to board a plane because you are not vaccinated, that is there right. If your employer said you cannot return to work until you are vaccinated that is there right.
Moreover, even if you are in a low risk of serious complications from Covid, you are not at a low risk of spreading Covid to others if you are unvaccinated.

You've made your point, which is rather pointless. Just generic fear non-sense that has no basis in science, especially all this talk of "rights".

We're done.

If they were right for the job, I'd hire them. The vaccine is experimental, not FDA approved. I'd let them decide if they want to get vacced.

My response isn't there: "Get the vaccine and I'll be happy to hire you. Otherwise...

Back
Top Bottom