• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, if Trump did have boxes and boxes of classified documents...

Who here honestly believes he wouldn't sell them to *anyone* for the right price?

• Total voters
Of course he would. The guy is a crook. Always has been, always will be, which everyone knows. Crazy watching his supporters willing to tear down the entire legal and judicial system just to defend the guy. I’ll never understand it.

Of course he would. The guy is a crook. Always has been, always will be, which everyone knows. Crazy watching his supporters willing to tear down the entire legal and judicial system just to defend the guy. I’ll never understand it.

Watch or read the history of Hitler's rise.
The parallels are shocking. The process of manipulating deplorables by badly intended actors is long.

Who here honestly believes he wouldn't sell them to *anyone* for the right price?
Is there anything that would have prevented a few of his trusted henchmen from copying the whole lot while the boxes were at MAL? Or a way that copying can be detected?

Is there anything that would have prevented a few of his trusted henchmen from copying the whole lot while the boxes were at MAL? Or a way that copying can be detected?
Well, he obviously wouldn't sell the originals. He might be able to sell it again to a different buyer.

No, he wouldn't sell them...except maybe to Putin but he would use them for personal profit like in a memoir or some such thing.

By now, he is wiggling around, trying to cut deals with anyone that'll have him. He is casting about for a hot lawyer, Biden will let him swing too, until he gets too threatened by a "new" precedent. Trump can't even live long enough to go to court for all this shit. They buried him. If some kind of "civil" war breaks out in Wisconsin or something, mad dog bombers out for a day, then comes the US Govt. right up their bums, forever just like always. Don't be a sap, stay home, watch it on youtube.

absolutely not. Master class criminals.

Whatever he took he made copies of. If they are useful to him politically or financially he will most certainly take advantage of it, even if it harms national security.

Based off his own words and deeds I will never be convinced that Trump ever has or ever will put the nation's interests above his own.

Since he could have declassified anything he wanted, it wouldn't make sense for him to take them without doing so.

If I had to guess, the materials he had weren't kept for the purposes of selling for profit. They were things he believed could expose him or make him look bad he didn't want to be a part of the public record.

I feel that thre is more to this saga than some documents that have been in Trump’s possession since mid January 2021. If national security was a valid concern, this would have happened much sooner. The documents have to be stale at this juncture, from an intelligence standpoint.

If I had to guess, the materials he had weren't kept for the purposes of selling for profit. They were things he believed could expose him or make him look bad he didn't want to be a part of the public record.
Could be a bit of both.

Since he could have declassified anything he wanted, it wouldn't make sense for him to take them without doing so.
I would suspect declassification of documents involves more than a “because I said so” approach.

Or things he could use as leverage against others in retaliation.

1. He's not very bright.

2. If it turns out that he declassified them for the purpose of selling intelligence, he's still ****ed.

I disagree. Insisting on fair treatment under the law is not a willingness to bring down the entire legal and judicial system.

Now, the FBI lying on warrant applications, and withholding evidence, well, that is an attack on the legal and judicial system.

Also, it is unhealthy for anyone calling oneself liberal to abandon a healthy skepticism of the actions and words of the FBI and DOJ. The amount of bootlicking going on about how reliable warrant applications and affidavits are, and the sheer amount of pretend hyperventilation about anyone daring question the integrity of our vaunted federal law enforcement folks is, well, mindboggling. Y'all on the Left, you know - being skeptical of law enforcement is supposed to be your thing.

It's the ACLU that is supposed to be out there demanding to see warrant applications and safeguarding the fourth amendment. That shouldn't go away when the Devil is in the Dock.

That's absolutely a possibility. What I put as a notch more likely though is that he hoarded classified material in the likelihood they contained info that would give him legal exposure or simple embarrassment.

While he's obviously a grifter, his narcissism rises above even that.

1. He's not very bright.
That's the usual Democrat allegations, on every GOP President since and including Dwight Eisenhower, maybe as far back as Hoover.
2. If it turns out that he declassified them for the purpose of selling intelligence, he's still ****ed.
Oh sure, and if he used them to roll up and beat his dogs with them, he'd be on the hook for animal abuse.

Not for the President.
Unless the documents went through a declassification process and marked declassified, they were not declassified.

Unless the documents went through a declassification process and marked declassified, they were not declassified.
Not so, for the President.

Back
Top Bottom