• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, Did the shooter in Santa Fe, Texas use a shotgun? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...just, wow.

its one of many comments from him that display a mind numbing lack of understanding.

such as his claims that AR-15s are weapons of war
or that any magazine 10 rounds or more are "for warfare only"

he also opposes 'shall issue' CCW laws-claiming too many people get them and you should have to prove to a bureaucrat why you "need" to carry which of course just guarantees racist abuse etc.

its one of many comments from him that display a mind numbing lack of understanding.

such as his claims that AR-15s are weapons of war
or that any magazine 10 rounds or more are "for warfare only"

he also opposes 'shall issue' CCW laws-claiming too many people get them and you should have to prove to a bureaucrat why you "need" to carry which of course just guarantees racist abuse etc.

Ya know, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and try not to even look at the names of the people posting stuff...I prefer just to respond to what's said rather than who's saying it. But this same guy, and a couple of others like him, are posting so much nonsense (and doing it on full auto) that it's difficult not to dismiss them entirely.

Last edited:
China has the death penalty for 55 crimes, such as drug trafficking, stealing a car, embezzlement. The time between sentencing and execution, which is either by firing squad or lethal injection is about 2 months. Maybe we need stricter penalties and enforcement. Citizens aren't allowed to have guns, although they do commit crimes with knives. Of course under their laws, probably we would lose a lot of our population, but we would be safer.

China also has strict gun control if you want to use their model

China has the death penalty for 55 crimes, such as drug trafficking, stealing a car, embezzlement. The time between sentencing and execution, which is either by firing squad or lethal injection is about 2 months. Maybe we need stricter penalties and enforcement. Citizens aren't allowed to have guns, although they do commit crimes with knives. Of course under their laws, probably we would lose a lot of our population, but we would be safer.

under their laws, we'd be in a civil war now.

Ya know, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and try not to even look at the names of the people posting stuff...I prefer just to respond to what's said rather than who's saying it. But this same guy, and a couple of others like him, are posting so much nonsense (and doing it on full auto) that it's difficult not to dismiss them entirely.

you've been here less than a month and noted that already.

I want the gun laws we have enforced . I want a better nationwide data base with shared info to keep a list of criminals/mentally ill who lost rights due to their mental illness on the list and red flags investigated throughly.

I also want schools harden to prevent those intent on killing/wounding students while attending school from gaining access to school building with firearms.

That just does not work with lax gun laws

A shotgun is NOT a rifle. A "rifle" has rifling in its barrel, shotguns are smoothbore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifle

yeah that was one of many stupid comments we have seen. The ATF sure believes there is a difference, you can legally own a rifle with a 16" barrel but if you have a shotgun-even one with the recently popular rifled slug barrels, its an NFA violation to possess one with a barrel shorter tha 18" without a tax stamp

And technicality are you basing your claim on?

its up there with calling the AR 15 a "weapon of war" or that any magazine ten rounds or more is FOR WARFARE ONLY.

its a tsunami of lies.

A person with education in the field would note both firearms are "Long arms". Saying a rifle and a shotgun are the same thing, is the sign of someone who hasn't a clue about firearms. Its like saying a double action revolver is the same as a semi-auto pistol

Last edited:
The rifling dude: they aim and shoot the same.

I think you should go out and buy a shotgun with a 16" barrel. Then look up SAAMI specs for chamber pressures for rifles and shotguns.

The rifling dude: they aim and shoot the same.

Rifled shotguns are uncommon. Shotguns are mostly smoothbore. Plus, even if they were the staple, handguns are also rifled. Does that make them rifles?

I think you should go out and buy a shotgun with a 16" barrel. Then look up SAAMI specs for chamber pressures for rifles and shotguns.

Now you're being silly again.

Rifled shotguns are uncommon. Shotguns are mostly smoothbore. Plus, even if they were the staple, handguns are also rifled. Does that make them rifles?

Yeah, such shotguns fire slugs. You're being obtuse dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom