• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sluggish Mail

gooseneck

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Has anybody had any recent experience with sluggish mail? Supposedly this is a problem in certain parts of the country. I recently mailed something fairly important to Pennsylvania on February 10 and it was received on March 3. It caused some minor inconveniences in my life but it wasn’t catastrophic like shipping medicine or something like that. My faith in the post office caused me to believe that mailing that document would have been received by February 20 in a really bad case scenario. I certainly wasn’t prepared for it to take that long. That was the second negative experience with the post office in my life. I chalked that bad experience up to an isolated incident but it seems this time this is happening to lots of people.

I looked it up on the internet and found that the post office has been restructured within the last 9 months to recoup losses over the last few years. Any thoughts about this in the big picture or in the scope of your personal life?

Delays in mail deliveries can be laid on one person's desk -

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy Defends USPS Changes

DeJoy, a major GOP donor who previously worked as an executive at a logistics company, began enacting measures like removing mail sorting machines after becoming postmaster general in June.

He then put further cost-cutting initiatives on hold until after the November elections to address critics' allegations that the changes were meant to undermine mail-in ballots during last year's elections amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The number of congress critters calling for DeJoy to resign is growing.

The Canadian Postal Service is always on time.

Oh shit, we talking about the US postal service?

OK, never mind then.

It may just be anecdotal, but a few months back I started seeing signs and flyers that the post office was hiring. I'm semi-retired, but they were hiring for weekend help for package deliveries, and my Grandad retired from the post office, so I figured I'd apply and maybe pick up a few bucks helping people get their post on time.

I have a valid Class A CLD with HazMat and Tanker endorsements, as well as decades and millions of miles without a reportable accident or ticket for a legal violation.

None of that matters to the post office, they have this insane exam to qualify, and I failed it, even tho it's one of those exams that is completely subjective, and I can't qualify to take the exam again for a full year.

I likely won't apply to take the exam again, because I don't think I could change any of the answers from how I answered before.

So, to me, the post office is not hiring qualified people when they apply, and that is what is slowing down the mail.

UPS transports my item from New York in about two days. Then it turns the item over to the local USPS who may typically take up to a week to get it delivered. Sometimes I can pay a dollar extra for UPS to do the actual delivery.

Nope; USPS delivery isn't exactly stellar. Nothing to write home about. Especially since they may not get it for a long time.

The Mail is quite sluggish now

Back
Top Bottom