• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Signs of Economic Hope Are Growing, Some With Superlatives

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Very good economic news that supports Jerome Powell's comments last week that the US economy is at an inflection point.

Link

China is also showing signs of a substantial improvement in economic activity. That's also good news for the west as China is in love with western goods so their spending will help drive our recovery.

Link

Nope. It's called the "Virus is finally getting under control" bounce.

Gee, how’d that happen? State governors finally get their shit together, I guess.

Amazing how state governors got super competent at their jobs juuuuuust after Trump was kicked out of office.

The China number is dubious much like our 33% value for q2 2020. On an animalized basis, China's economy grew 6.5% YoY.

Nope. It's called the "Virus is finally getting under control" bounce.

Are you purposefully ignoring the economic impact of deficit spending? Typical, but it's expected.

i'm pleased to see the short term good news. my guess is that there are some bubbles, though, and that makes me nervous.

i'm pleased to see the short term good news. my guess is that there are some bubbles, though, and that makes me nervous.
When you look at the charts, especially for ETFs, that seems to be a concern. But the market is forward looking so the big boys may be more optimistic than the rest of us.

Financial markets are way overvalued. But the labor market has ways to grow in order to eclipse pre-pandemic levels.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…