• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SHUTDOWN: Is it a Strike if you are not being paid?

Lets assume you are accurate. That certainly allows the employee to quit. Doing so does have consequences. So people take action and accept both the good and bad that comes from that. Perhaps they will get paid sooner, perhaps they get replaced. Either way the situation is resolved.

Not much different than an employee threatening to quit because they feel improperly paid. When that happens in the real world oftentimes that person is replaced.

Actually, it is a great deal different if the employer breaks the labor agreement and does not pay a worker for having already worked when they have contracted to do so.

A strike is done to get a pay raise, better benefits, better working conditions, to get what was not particularly promised, but what was felt deserved, etc.

A strike is not done to get what is already promised.

So if the TSA workers did not report for work they would not be on strike.

Actually, it is a great deal different if the employer breaks the labor agreement and does not pay a worker for having already worked when they have contracted to do so.

As I said they can take that grievance and decide to stop working. Certainly their right. Just mentioning there are potential consequences to any action. Workers should fully understand and then decide. Union leaders pushing people into a position not necessarily in their best interests is a potential problem here. Partisans who have little stake and ranting from the sidelines should have a bit more concern for the workers and their families.

As I said they can take that grievance and decide to stop working. Certainly their right. Just mentioning there are potential consequences to any action. Workers should fully understand and then decide. Union leaders pushing people into a position not necessarily in their best interests is a potential problem here. Partisans who have little stake and ranting from the sidelines should have a bit more concern for the workers and their families.

It is concern for the workers and their families that is the impetus for my suggestion. Continuing to work when the employer is violating your contract by failing to pay you only encourages such behavior and must be stopped.

It is concern for the workers and their families that is the impetus for my suggestion. Continuing to work when the employer is violating your contract by failing to pay you only encourages such behavior and must be stopped.

I like your moral outrage. Sounds like people yelling from the sidelines "don't take that take on the bully". Easier said when just another poster on the internet.

I like your moral outrage. Sounds like people yelling from the sidelines "don't take that take on the bully". Easier said when just another poster on the internet.

Actually I have gone on strike many times in my lifetime - once for six weeks. You have to put it on the line if you have any self respect.

Back
Top Bottom