• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shrimps and prawns and crevettes and other shellfisch - what do you like?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Shrimps and prawns and crevettes and other shellfisch - what do you like?
And what do you not like?

If it comes by river, lake, or sea -- it's all good to me...

Crawdads
Lobster
Clams
Conch
Oysters
Mussels
Crab
Urchin
Snails

etc..

Yummy yummy for my tummy...

scallops and clam strips were always my favorite part of the Admiral's Feast at Red Lobster. i haven't had that in quite a while.

Hogfish is awesome, we only see it on menus when we go to the Keys. A blackened grouper sandwich is also a favorite seafood meal.

My home region is the Black Forest, and in my youth hardly anybody had ever heard of shrimps.
And so it was in a pub in Yorkshire in 1967 that I could enjoy my first shrimp cocktail - or prawn cocktail.

And then in 1968 and 1969 - when I was as student at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne - I often treated myself to 6 ounces of shrimps that I bought at a local shop in Newcastle.

My shrimp history - in stages

early years in the Black Forest - no shrimps whatsoever
1967 in Yorkshire - a shrimp cocktail
1968/1968 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne - 6 ounces shrimps now and then
summer of 1969 in Plouguerneau, a fine fishing village on the sea in Brittany, Departement Finistère: a seafood paradise!
There I got to know and to love all kinds of seafood - and have loved it ever since.

:)

1. Lobster
2. Abalone
3. Sea scallops
4. King crab
5. Most any large flaky meat salt water fish
6. Shark steak
7. any shellfish

Don't really care much for snails, eels, or fresh water fish, except for catfish.

The Bible says that shrimps are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.
I dis-agree.
The Lord must have been mistaken here.

:)

1. Lobster
2. Abalone
3. Sea scallops
4. King crab
5. Most any large flaky meat salt water fish
6. Shark steak
7. any shellfish

Don't really care much for snails, eels, or fresh water fish, except for catfish.
A nice list! :)

Back
Top Bottom