• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should those that pay no taxes be allowed a vote?

How much "taxes" should a retired person pay who's barely scraping buy on SS each month?
How about something. How about $50.00 minimum. That's less than five dollars a month. Imagine the kind of revenue this country would have if all the parasites actually paid into the system, instead of spending a lifetime of taking.

How much "taxes" should a college student have to pay?
Advanced education is not a "right," nor is it a necessity. Regardless, let's give 'em the 'ole $50.00 minimum.

How much taxes should an unemployed person pay?
Obviously nothing, unless they own property.

How much taxes should a wounded veteran, laid up in a hospital bed pay?
It depends. Do they earn a salary? Yes? $50.00.

As far as voting, I can see the conundrum. Society's parasites will never ever vote for anything that will deprive them of their deadbeat status. Never. We're getting to the point in this nation where people will vote to crash this country into the side of a mountain, as long as no one takes away their free stuff. Just look at Obamacare. That thing is going to bloat up to the point of driving this country into bankruptcy. The parasites however, only think; "Yay! Free stuff for meee!!!"

You never stop amazing me. Debt to a liberal means nothing, Liberal = tax, borrow, spend, and give free stuff

Actually...with Obama...it's more like spend spend spend spend spend spend tax spend spend spend spend spend.

The "free stuff" you're referring to (obviously) is Medicaid, unemployment compensation and other federal programs viewed as "give-a-ways" (i.e., those free cell phones that had been highly critisized until it was shown that the program had been in existance long before Obama won the Presidency the first time). Yet, the conservative mind-set never stops to consider the large-scale corporate welfare that goes on even when an industry has shown itself to be profitable for years, or the added unfunded liabilities such as the Medicare prescription drug program or the continual corporate bailouts that taxpayers pay the price for when these captain's of industry screw up taking the economy with them.

Look, I don't like those who come to the government constantly with their hand out whether as individuals - poor or rich - or corporate giants! Both are a drain on our national economy and hamper economic growth and prosperity. But you can't continue to saintify corporate welfare or tax breaks for the wealth and lament such as noble while condemning assistance to the poor or the unemployed as the sole drain on the economy. Both aspects can have a negative impact on economic growth when done irrationally and irresponsibly. So, the question becomes "How do Congressional and state legislators reach a balanced and reasonable approach to fix our nation's economic problems?"

After all, they caused the problems; they're responsible for fixing them. But WE, THE PEOPLE need to speak up about it.

You read me completely wrong, I am against all subsidies, freebees, student loan forgiveness, unlimited out of work compensation, etc etc. Further I was and am against any government take over of any company like GM baling out the unions, or funding the likes of Solyndra. I am against subsidies for anything green. I am against it all. I don't sanctify any of it. Period. Welfare, food stamps, student loan forgiveness, medicare, Medicaid, and the like are programs that are way out of control. Without serious reforms on all this spending we are ****ed. Simple as that.

Hell look at the cliff, that just got resolved. Not a cut to be found, just more tax, borrow, spend, and freebees. That is exactly what this country is now, it's totally dependent on government. This country has been on a march from the end of WWII to make this country a Welfare Nanny State. The days of self reliance and responsibility are gone, and is now one that is dependent government tits.

So, with the OP in mind, would that mean that if I were willing to give up my vote I could stop paying taxes? Hmmmm, what a choice.

No one who does not pay federal taxes should have the right to vote – period.
:stop:

No need to go further. The fatal flaw in your premise is that there actually is somebody that doesn't pay taxes of some kind. That person does not exist. Case dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom