• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the U.S. spy on anti-war protestors?

Should the Government spy on anti-war protestors

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Caine said:
So, Maybe it is weakening your resolve.
But to the grunt who has balls, he isn't affected by it.
If he even bothers to take notice of it, he, like me, calls them a bunch of dumbasses and goes about playing Halo2 and reading Sun Tzu's Art of War or whatever until their next guard shift or mission.

No true fighting man of our Military cares what the hell the protestors are doing, thats the difference between your generation of the drafted man, and our generation of the Volunteer, we understand that there is going to be people who don't agree, and who want to protest, and we just don't give a ****.

You keep missing the bigger picture here. The constant stateside protesting gets 24/7 liberal media coverage, ala the Cindy Sheehan stunt. We've got the liberal leaders in our country like congressman Murtha calling for a cut and run policy. The protesters feed off of this defeatist rhetoric and it emboldens them even more. You're ex military (I believe) so you should know that to cut and run means defeat. So if the protest gets loud enough thanks to people like Murtha and Howard Dean and the protest minions--the entire war effort gets s**t-canned and the enemy wins, and like the spread of Communism after we lost Vietnam--the spread of terrorism reigns supreme without the American superpower to stop it in it's tracks. I don't know about you, but I just soon not see another 9/11. Tell me again, or for the first time, how you see these protesters as being a help in fighting terrorism.

ptsdkid said:
You keep missing the bigger picture here.
No, YOU are missing the point, its obvious from the partisanship in the rest of your post here. Don't make me embarass you like I did with the VA benefits and specifically PTSD issue that you never responded to.
The constant stateside protesting gets 24/7 liberal media coverage
No such thing, its how you view the headlines
ala the Cindy Sheehan stunt.
I haven't heard much from her lately....Besides, REAL soldiers just laugh at this grieving woman who is trying to make a name for herself at her son's expense
We've got the liberal leaders in our country like congressman Murtha calling for a cut and run policy.
No Such thing, that is the Republicans way of making the Democrats look bad and trying to make them look treasonous.
The protesters feed off of this defeatist rhetoric and it emboldens them even more.
More crap again, this is not 'defeatist' rhetoric, your clearly being brainwashed by the false accusations of the Conservative Leadership in the Congress and Senate
You're ex military (I believe) so you should know that to cut and run means defeat.
Nobody is talking about cut and run, its a twist of the truth again
So if the protest gets loud enough thanks to people like Murtha and Howard Dean and the protest minions--the entire war effort gets s**t-canned and the enemy wins
This will not happen, there has already been a vote on a timetable, and your idea here was proven overwhelmingly false
and like the spread of Communism after we lost Vietnam--the spread of terrorism reigns supreme without the American superpower to stop it in it's tracks. I don't know about you, but I just soon not see another 9/11. Tell me again, or for the first time, how you see these protesters as being a help in fighting terrorism.
Nobody said they are helping the fight or hurting it, they are exercising thier right to speak out.

All of the junk you said above just proves how easy it is to confuse some people. Nobody is calling for 'Cut and Run', this is just Conservative Rhetoric.

Caine said:
No, YOU are missing the point, its obvious from the partisanship in the rest of your post here. Don't make me embarass you like I did with the VA benefits and specifically PTSD issue that you never responded to.
No such thing, its how you view the headlines
I haven't heard much from her lately....Besides, REAL soldiers just laugh at this grieving woman who is trying to make a name for herself at her son's expense
No Such thing, that is the Republicans way of making the Democrats look bad and trying to make them look treasonous. More crap again, this is not 'defeatist' rhetoric, your clearly being brainwashed by the false accusations of the Conservative Leadership in the Congress and Senate Nobody is talking about cut and run, its a twist of the truth again This will not happen, there has already been a vote on a timetable, and your idea here was proven overwhelmingly false Nobody said they are helping the fight or hurting it, they are exercising thier right to speak out.

All of the junk you said above just proves how easy it is to confuse some people. Nobody is calling for 'Cut and Run', this is just Conservative Rhetoric.

First, what are these VA benefits and PTSD issues that you seem so hell bent on proving me wrong?

The thing with Cindy Sheehan is that she's forming a vast network/coalition of media starved fanatics in which to help further undermine the progress of our troops and of our mission. Nuff said on those un-American attempts to weaken our country.

You say this is not 'defeatist rhetoric'? I suppose Howard Dean the leader of the Defeatocrat Party saying "we cannot possibly win this war"...is not defeatist rhetoric in your mind? Come on fella--belly up to the political TV tube and open your ears.

Perhaps I was busy cleaning my M-16 rifle, but just when did anyone in our congress vote to secure a viable timetable for the withdrawl of our troops?

And nobody said 'they' are helping or hurting the fight? Get real, everyone barely to the right of moderate John McCain have been telling the American people how these people 'hurt' our war mission on a daily basis.

You may insist that the liberal policy of defeatism isn't to 'Cut and Run', but I totally disagree until you can prove to me that their policy is to stay the course, fight and win. There is no middle ground in war policy--either you're with us or you're agin us. Time to choose.

ptsdkid said:
First, what are these VA benefits and PTSD issues that you seem so hell bent on proving me wrong?
Its on another thread...I'll find it in a bit
The thing with Cindy Sheehan is that she's forming a vast network/coalition of media starved fanatics in which to help further undermine the progress of our troops and of our mission. Nuff said on those un-American attempts to weaken our country.
Yes, I agree, Media starved......Can you explain how the protestors 'furthur undermine the progress of our troops'?
As a soldier who spent time in Iraq, twice, with the 82nd ABN, I know this to be false, but maybe you can change my mind. I doubt it, as my mind is not easily fooled.

You say this is not 'defeatist rhetoric'? I suppose Howard Dean the leader of the Defeatocrat Party saying "we cannot possibly win this war"...is not defeatist rhetoric in your mind? Come on fella--belly up to the political TV tube and open your ears.
No, we cannot possibly win this war, as Victory is no longer up to us. So, you have taken the Senator's words out of context, good job, proves you follow the Republican nonscense rhetoric. You have been Bellying up to O'Reiley and Hannity, these pundits are opinionists.

Perhaps I was busy cleaning my M-16 rifle, but just when did anyone in our congress vote to secure a viable timetable for the withdrawl of our troops?
You misread my post, they voted AGAINST a withdrawl of our troops, so I dont understand what your complaining about. I, on the other hand, am GLAD they voted against a timetable... too soon for that right now as we don't know what the results of the election are.

And nobody said 'they' are helping or hurting the fight? Get real, everyone barely to the right of moderate John McCain have been telling the American people how these people 'hurt' our war mission on a daily basis.
Exactly, they are trying to brainwash you into thinking that speaking out against your government hurts the troops, this is a lie.

You may insist that the liberal policy of defeatism isn't to 'Cut and Run', but I totally disagree until you can prove to me that their policy is to stay the course, fight and win. There is no middle ground in war policy--either you're with us or you're agin us. Time to choose.
Your taking the idea of a timetable straight out of the Republican Propaganda book. http://mediamatters.org/items/200512010008
Watch the Video, it will show you that they are taking Murtha's comments, and TWISTING it to make it sound like the Democrats are saying cut and run, when they are not.

You people are seriously ****in brainwashed, Ex Pat by any chance??

Her son was sent into war on a lie, she lost her son to the greed of the American President read the damn link fools

http://www.rense.com/general69/175.htm

Listen to this Bitches

http://www.thepowerhour.com/news2/replay_aug8_2005.htm

She lost her son to her own damn countries greed, show her some respect you damn patriot heathens!

Mickyjaystoned said:
You people are seriously ****in brainwashed, Ex Pat by any chance??

Her son was sent into war on a lie, she lost her son to the greed of the American President read the damn link fools

http://www.rense.com/general69/175.htm

Listen to this Bitches

http://www.thepowerhour.com/news2/replay_aug8_2005.htm

She lost her son to her own damn countries greed, show her some respect you damn patriot heathens!

Guess what?
I served my ****ing country what have you done for it?
Get out of here with your bullcrap links, I no more support our reasons for starting this war than I support Hitler's reasons for killing the Jews.
I do, however, understand that when a woman's son dies in combat, she should NOT use it as an opportunity to make a name for herself, AND, make money off of it by writing a book.

Her son's death is the best thing that happened to her.
And she is a disgrace to Military Mothers throughout the country.

Guess what?
I served my ****ing country what have you done for it?

Thats your mistake mate, how much blood is opn your hands??

Who's daddy did you kill??

Don't worry i'm sure you were just following orders, i don't hold it against you, but don't for one minute think you have more rights than me because of it!

I no more support our reasons for starting this war than I support Hitler's reasons for killing the Jews.

Thing is dude the Bush family were somewhat responsible for his rise to power as well, as history has shown us Prescott Bush's support for the German Nazi party ended up with his assets being siezed under "The Trading With the Enemy Act". I guess deciet runs in the family eh matey??

I do, however, understand that when a woman's son dies in combat, she should NOT use it as an opportunity to make a name for herself, AND, make money off of it by writing a book.

So how was it when you lost your son??

I assume when you say you understand when a womens son dies, you are speaking from experiance, how else could you comment on a mother losing her child?

I think she has great honour to refuse compensation and not die quietly, if the leaders of your god damned country had an ounce of her passion and integrity the world wouldn't be such a **** hole.

Stick that in your War Vet pipe and smoke it.

Back
Top Bottom