• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should the media cover the march in D.C. this Thursday?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
It should be in the news so that people know this is being pushed for in the U.S.

Infamous UK Cleric Plans Thursday Sharia Rally in D.C.: ‘Rise to Implement the Shari’ah in America’ | The Blaze

Is this Thursday's march an important news event?

And about the July 4th Million Muslim March......if it's about coming together to "re-establish brotherhood and sisterhood" since 9/11, why is one of their goals to educate people on how Muslims did NOT cause 9/11? Why would they want to perpetuate that lie? How would that help bring people together?

I think this is in the wrong section. But i believe the news worthiness is primely based on the turnout.

It should be in the news so that people know this is being pushed for in the U.S.

I agree, but you can bet your ass that if the networks can't find a way to put a positive spin on it, they either won't report on it, or it will be one of those quick mentions in the last half of the news that won't get into details.

why is one of their goals to educate people on how Muslims did NOT cause 9/11?

Maybe that's because the fact that the terrorists were muslims, and their ultimate goal are mutually exclusive.

Being muslim does not make you a terrorist, being a terrorist makes you a terrorist.

Al Queadas goals are ultimately political, not religious.

I think this is in the wrong section.

I don't. We're talking about what stories the media will choose to cover - their bias comes into play there.

I don't. We're talking about what stories the media will choose to cover - their bias comes into play there.

I don't think bias has an effect on who will cover it at all. I think its the amount of people that turnout.

Infamous UK Cleric Plans Thursday Sharia Rally in D.C.: ‘Rise to Implement the Shari’ah in America’ | The Blaze

And about the July 4th Million Muslim March......if it's about coming together to "re-establish brotherhood and sisterhood" since 9/11, why is one of their goals to educate people on how Muslims did NOT cause 9/11? Why would they want to perpetuate that lie? How would that help bring people together?

i'm sure if enough people attend it will be covered.

I see no reason why this shouldn't be covered, however the corporate media will determine whether this is covered or not. The U.S. ranks in the high 20's of developed nations for freedom of the press. If the media were liberal as people suggest, I have no doubt that this would be covered.

Edit:
Their bias is $$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
I see no reason why this shouldn't be covered, however the corporate media will determine whether this is covered or not. The U.S. ranks in the high 20's of developed nations for freedom of the press. If the media were liberal as people suggest, I have no doubt that this would be covered.

No you clearly got it wrong. If the media were conservative, This event would be covered. Obviously.....

No you clearly got it wrong. If the media were conservative, This event would be covered. Obviously.....

Maybe it clear to you, it's not to me. The reason the liberal founders of our nation put the First Amendment in our Constitution was to make the populous informed citizenry. Freedom of the press!!!

Maybe it clear to you, it's not to me. The reason the liberal founders of our nation put the First Amendment in our Constitution was to make the populous informed citizenry. Freedom of the press!!!

You mean our slave owning, deist, founding fathers?

"Liberal founders?" ROFL!

You mean our slave owning, deist, founding fathers?

1. Not all were slave owners.
2. Very few were Deists.

Let's not paint the Founders with broad strokes, eh?

1. Not all were slave owners.
2. Very few were Deists.

Let's not paint the Founders with broad strokes, eh?

You missed the sarcasm ma'am.

What do you find so funny, Mellie? Our Constitution is a liberal document, is it not??

Depends on your definition of "liberal". Do explain.

Depends. If numerous sources begin to have some sort of "frank discussion" about the ethics of journalism and the media with regard to this event, then I suggest they should not. I grow irritated and tired each time the media decides to do something and then come together to pontificate about their ethics and their own self-importance. It is enough to make me gag.

Just because some people march in Washington doesn't mean that the media is obligated to care. :shrug:

:lamo Be afraid, very afraid.

The Plum Line - Fox News's parade of buffoons

The airtime Fox gives to Anjem Choudary, a British citizen who draws attention to himself by loudly praising terrorists, is a perfect example. Yesterday Fox News brought Choudary on to promote his planned rally for sharia law in front of the White House, which, like, five people in the U.S. would have heard of otherwise.
...With Fox, however, there's more of an obvious pattern. When there's an issue involving race or religion, Fox responds by giving airtime to cartoonish extremists who can confirm its viewers' worst fears. Fox News's use of Choudary hasn't reached the saturation point of its coverage of the New Black Panther Party, which it has hosted more than 50 times over the past ten years despite the group's total irrelevance, but it serves the same kind of purpose.
Giving airtime to these kinds of people is part of how Fox reinforces the drumbeat of stereotypes that permeates the rest of its coverage, and how it ensures its viewers subscribe to what Greg referred to as the "self-sustaining, self-perpetuating alternate reality" where America is on the verge of establishing sharia law and where an anti-white hate group has influence in the White House. As we saw from last week's poll, it seems to work pretty well.

Maybe that's because the fact that the terrorists were muslims, and their ultimate goal are mutually exclusive.

Being muslim does not make you a terrorist, being a terrorist makes you a terrorist.

Al Queadas goals are ultimately political, not religious.

None of us ever owned slaves either. Are we having parades to say that white people didn't own slaves?

If the MSM can't make it look like a good thing, I think they'll ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom