• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Pelosi Step Down?

python416 said:
All of this comparing Pelosi to DeLay is funny.

Ok then but since the PAC's she ran violated the law should she step down? Delay didn't even run these?

Pelosi is incompetent, she should step down becasue she can't handle the job.......Just critcizing the president without offering any solutions does not get it done......

Stinger said:
Ok then but since the PAC's she ran violated the law should she step down? Delay didn't even run these?

DeLay wants to pain himself as the target of "partisan politics" but the fact is that DeLay is indicted and Pelosi isn't.

If Pelosi is breaking the law, then get her indicted. If she is doing something wrong, that isn't against the law, then explain what it is and get the law changed.

scottyz said:
When did Delay voluntarily step down?

He stepped down from his leadership post on Sept. 28th

So how about Pelosi?

Last edited:
python416 said:
DeLay wants to pain himself as the target of "partisan politics" but the fact is that DeLay is indicted and Pelosi isn't.

She's, at least her PAC that she ran, has already been found guilty and paid the fine, so why does she remain as the leader of the Democrats?
If Pelosi is breaking the law,

Please go back a carefully read what I posted to begin this thread, she already did.

Stinger said:
He stepped down from his leadership post on Sept. 28th
Temporarily in accordance with the RULES the Republicans wrote. He did not do it voluntarily nor has he resigned his office as a Representative.

scottyz said:
Temporarily in accordance with the RULES the Republicans wrote.

Stepped down nonetheless.

He did not do it voluntarily nor has he resigned his office as a Representative.

So what? The Republicans voluntarily wrote the rule and I didn't suggest Pelosi resign her office as a Representative did I?

Now again why hasn't she stepped down, voluntarily or not, from her leadership post since it HAS been determined she broke the law?

Navy Pride said:
Pelosi is incompetent, she should step down becasue she can't handle the job.......Just critcizing the president without offering any solutions does not get it done......

Couldn't agree more and she actually works to conservative favor with he idiocy, but the question remains since she has already admitted to and has been fined for campaign violations why hasn't she stepped down from her leadership position.

Stinger said:
Stepped down nonetheless.

So what? The Republicans voluntarily wrote the rule and I didn't suggest Pelosi resign her office as a Representative did I?

Now again why hasn't she stepped down, voluntarily or not, from her leadership post since it HAS been determined she broke the law?
Who determined she broke the law? You and Newsmax? :rofl If commondreams.org says Bush broke the law does that mean he should also step down?

scottyz said:
Who determined she broke the law? You and Newsmax? :rofl

The Federal Elections Commission :rofl

So why hasn't she stepped down from her leadership position?

Stinger said:
The Federal Elections Commission :rofl

So why hasn't she stepped down from her leadership position?
Then get an indictment going and prove it. Why should she step down when Delay didn't till he was forced to after being indicted? I'm sure Delay wouldn't have if the it wasn't a rule.

Cremaster77 said:
Sadly this is true. As badly as the Republicans have been at running this country the past 5 years, the Democrats stand for nothing except being against Republicans.

Moderator: Sen Kerry, if you were president what would you do differently?
Kerry: I would do everything differently.
Moderator: Can you give a few examples?
Kerry: Sure. In Iraq, I would have done it differently.
Moderator: How so?
Kerry: I would have, um, done it better?
Moderator: Any other examples?
Kerry: How about the economy?
Moderator: What would you do?
Kerry: Um, I would make us more money. And then use that money, what's the word? Um...Wisely!

I absolutely agree. It is a difficult time to be a democrat. It has become difficult to debate on either side. The REpublicans stand for things, however misguided and wrong for our country at times. But the Democrats have yet to stand for anything over the past few years. So often I think the Democrats are so hesitiant to stand up against the Republicans for fear of sounding "anti-american".

Holding true to the freedoms americans have, even in the face of uncertain times is our responsibility. Democrats need to reassert themselves and stand strong on issues. Backbones would be appreciated.

scottyz said:
Then get an indictment going and prove it.

Can't you read? As I have already informed you several times the FEC has already fined them and found them guilty.
Why should she step down when Delay didn't till he was forced to after being indicted?

Why should Delay when he nor the PAC has been found guilty or paid a fine?

I'm sure Delay wouldn't have if the it wasn't a rule.

And that would be OK with you if the Republicans got rid of the rules unless the Democrats also made one for themselves and abided by it?

It's about the prinicple behind the rule isn't it, why does it apply to Pelosie, the principle that is? Don't you find it a little contradictory that the Dems want to enforce such an action against Republicans but not themselves?

Stinger said:
Can't you read? As I have already informed you several times the FEC has already fined them and found them guilty.

Your article doesn't say anything about being found guilty. It never went to a court.
Why should Delay when he nor the PAC has been found guilty or paid a fine?
Those were the rules Republicans wrote for themselves??? Would be a bit goofy to not follow their own rules. He hasn't been found not guilty and money laundering charges are far more serious.

And that would be OK with you if the Republicans got rid of the rules unless the Democrats also made one for themselves and abided by it?

It's about the prinicple behind the rule isn't it, why does it apply to Pelosie, the principle that is? Don't you find it a little contradictory that the Dems want to enforce such an action against Republicans but not themselves?
Republicans enforced their own rules against Delay... they wrote them, they're the majority. Dems can't do anything to stop it.

What rule requires Pelosie to step down??? You want her to abide by your rules or get a special new rule written because you're sore that Delay has been indicted and you want revenge?

Why didn't Delay step down and remove himself from office if it's about the principle?

getinvolved said:
Holding true to the freedoms americans have, even in the face of uncertain times is our responsibility. Democrats need to reassert themselves and stand strong on issues. Backbones would be appreciated.
They need a backbone and a consistent message but just having a backbone would be a HUGE improvement for the party. There are people within the party that have backbones, but the Dems don't ever want to let them speak for fear of actually conveying any sorta of message about what the Dems party stands for.

scottyz said:
Your article doesn't say anything about being found guilty. It never went to a court.

They obviously didn't fight it because they did it and paid the fine, but broke the law nonetheless.

So is what you are trying to position youself at is that those who are accused should step down but those who have been found guilty already shouldn't?

Those were the rules Republicans wrote for themselves??? Would be a bit goofy to not follow their own rules. He hasn't been found not guilty and money laundering charges are far more serious.

You didn't know that? Yes and the Democrats refuse to impose the same on themselves, now why is that?

Republicans enforced their own rules against Delay... they wrote them, they're the majority. Dems can't do anything to stop it.

Has nothing to do with them being the majority and the Dems could vote the same rule on themselves but they refuse to.

What rule requires Pelosie to step down???

Do you have a comprehension problem?

You want her to abide by your rules or get a special new rule written because you're sore that Delay has been indicted and you want revenge?

The Republicans had indicated, after it became clear that Earle was on a paritisian witch hunt, that they were going to suspend the rule. The Democrats cried bloody murder, yet they refuse to impose the same rule on themselves. Why is that? If it is a matter of principle then why haven't the Dems made Pelosie step down?

Why didn't Delay step down and remove himself from office if it's about the principle?

The question is why didn't Peloise if she was demanding Delay do so which she did.

Stinger said:
You didn't know that? Yes and the Democrats refuse to impose the same on themselves, now why is that?

Has nothing to do with them being the majority and the Dems could vote the same rule on themselves but they refuse to.
They should impose this rule on themselves because you're sore Delay got indicted and want revenge? Then to get this rule to work they would have to indict Pelosie, so you could be happy?

The Republicans had indicated, after it became clear that Earle was on a paritisian witch hunt, that they were going to suspend the rule. The Democrats cried bloody murder, yet they refuse to impose the same rule on themselves. Why is that? If it is a matter of principle then why haven't the Dems made Pelosie step down?
So there is no chance that Delay is guilty? Gotcha. It's a matter of breaking the law and trying to get away with it, not principle.

Because there is no rule that says she has to?? Because Pelosie was never found guilty or indicted?? Is that hard to understand?

If it was a matter of principle why didn't Delay voluntarily step down? Why should Pelosie follow principles that Delay wont?
The question is why didn't Peloise if she was demanding Delay do so which she did.

Again.. show me when Pelosie was FOUND GUILTY in court or INDICTED or what rule requires her to step down?

Last edited:
Cremaster77 said:
Sadly this is true. As badly as the Republicans have been at running this country the past 5 years, the Democrats stand for nothing except being against Republicans.

Moderator: Sen Kerry, if you were president what would you do differently?
Kerry: I would do everything differently.
Moderator: Can you give a few examples?
Kerry: Sure. In Iraq, I would have done it differently.
Moderator: How so?
Kerry: I would have, um, done it better?
Moderator: Any other examples?
Kerry: How about the economy?
Moderator: What would you do?
Kerry: Um, I would make us more money. And then use that money, what's the word? Um...Wisely!

That's ok Cremaster77! This forum is link happy and even the moderators jump in and want to know.

I knew it was sarcasm as soon as I saw you quoting Kerry saying, "um". He always says, "uh".
:duel :cool:

scottyz said:
They should impose this rule on themselves because you're sore Delay got indicted and want revenge? Then to get this rule to work they would have to indict Pelosie, so you could be happy?

Revenge? :rofl I could care less about Delay himself, but I do believe that if the Democrats are going to demand someone who is accused of a crime step down then they should abide by the same principle for someone who in fact violated the law. That's not reasonable to you?

So there is no chance that Delay is guilty?

Oh, is that your criteria for declaring someone guilty, if there is just a chance?

Gotcha. It's a matter of breaking the law and trying to get away with it, not principle.

You know for a fact Delay broke the law.

Because there is no rule that says she has to?? Because Pelosie was never found guilty or indicted?? Is that hard to understand?

Once again do you have a comprehension problem, go back and read the story this thread is based on, the PAC SHE ran violated the law and was found to have done so by the FEC and they did not deny it and paid a fine because of it.

If it was a matter of principle why didn't Delay voluntarily step down? Why should Pelosie follow principles that Delay wont?

Why won't the Democrats impose the rule on themselves like they said they would?

Again.. show me when Pelosie was FOUND GUILTY in court or INDICTED or what rule requires her to step down?

It's in the first post and I tire of repeating myself, obviously it is OK to you for Democrats to violate campaign finance but not Republicans. You prove my point.

Stinger said:
It's in the first post and I tire of repeating myself, obviously it is OK to you for Democrats to violate campaign finance but not Republicans. You prove my point.
When was Pelosie involved in money laundering or found guilty of a crime? I'm still waiting. This is obviosly nothing more than your own partisan witch hunt.

scottyz said:
When was Pelosie involved in money laundering or found guilty of a crime? I'm still waiting. This is obviosly nothing more than your own partisan witch hunt.

Read the first post and follow the link, and post where I ever said she was involved in laundering, clearly stated she violated campaign finance laws and the cited details exactly what it was. You do have a habit of attributing things to people they did not say.

Navy Pride said:

BINGO, 100% correct, &..a common trait shared by the modern democratic party these days!:smile:

Back
Top Bottom