• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should male victims of family violence get help and protection?

Should male DV victims get help/protection?

• Yes -- equal protection to women

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Some protection

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No -- these men are mostly abusers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Of course not, I am saying the severity of violence against women in an abuse relationship is typically much worse than that with men in an abusive relationship. Women are literally beat to death by abusive husbands and boyfriends, you don't see that happen much with men.

What happens to women in no way diminishes what happens to men, which is what this thread is about.

I've been thinking about this and since so few males are men now, perhaps males should have exactly the same services and sympathy that females receive.

Many researchers believe that men do suffer domestic violence -- according to a 2007 Harvard study, 70% of non -- reciprocal is against men by women. Even Huffington Post has articles on the issue of male victims.

Nevertheless, some researchers believe that acknowledging the issue of male DV victims hurts women.

Great minds like Elena Lobacheva, Raina Mersane, and Jenna Price believe that men should not be viewed as victims:

I really think the only help should be prosecution of the offender and short term psychological help and assistance to leave the offender. Otherwise it is like a contract between consenting adults.

It's been known for a few years know that women are actually more violent and coercive in relationships.

Surprise?

I had always thought conniving treachery was more the method.

I've been thinking about this and since so few males are men now, perhaps males should have exactly the same services and sympathy that females receive.

Even 10 years ago more men have been judged if they are real men or not. Now with the rise of LGBT rights such classification is totally out of place.

Even 10 years ago more men have been judged if they are real men or not. Now with the rise of LGBT rights such classification is totally out of place.

Umm..what? No offense, but judging men as ******s will still be a thing going forward. Just because some men are actually females or gay doesn't change that the vast majority are not. It just means that more men don't fit the preferred profile.

Umm..what? No offense, but judging men as ******s will still be a thing going forward. Just because some men are actually females or gay doesn't change that the vast majority are not. It just means that more men don't fit the preferred profile.

You have a problem with the language. There are males and females and there are men and women. Mixing male and woman is like mixing penguin and pooch. So, some males wish to be females, but are, in fact and by birth, males. Life sucks, doesn't it? I wish to be 6'5" but I'm only 5'8". Since I want to be 6'5", can everyone else scrunch down a little so I'm taller than they are?

No offense, but judging men as ******s will still be a thing going forward. Just because some men are actually females or gay doesn't change that the vast majority are not.

The fact that there are famous people who are gay and transgender changes everyone's outlook toward masculinity. There are some gay and transgender Conservatives.

Milo Yiannopoulos has been found guilty of Aggravated Political Incorrectness by the Liberal Inquisition.

You have a problem with the language. There are males and females and there are men and women. Mixing male and woman is like mixing penguin and pooch. So, some males wish to be females, but are, in fact and by birth, males. Life sucks, doesn't it? I wish to be 6'5" but I'm only 5'8". Since I want to be 6'5", can everyone else scrunch down a little so I'm taller than they are?

Yup, men in family are all around 6'4 or above, while I'm just under 5'11. I would love to be 6'4, but the fact is I'm not.

Btw, there is actually a way you can be taller, but it requires breaking your legs repeatedly and allowing the bones to heal slightly longer than they were before each time.

The fact that there are famous people who are gay and transgender changes everyone's outlook toward masculinity. There are some gay and transgender Conservatives.

Milo Yiannopoulos has been found guilty of Aggravated Political Incorrectness by the Liberal Inquisition.

No, it doesn't. It just means people that fail to meet the definition are out there. It really changes nothing.

No, it doesn't. It just means people that fail to meet the definition are out there. It really changes nothing.

To a large degree the definitions of what is acceptable are rapidly changing.

To a large degree the definitions of what is acceptable are rapidly changing.

Do you think women are still attracted to the masculine guys the most? Do you think the skinny pants dumbass isn't still made fun of? Gay men have always existed and they have never been considered a real man. As for people that are literary not men at all, well, they're not exactly known to be welcomed by other men.

The only thing that was really changed is that there is a lot more men out there that are girly boys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom