• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Felons Be Given Their Gun Rights Back?

I am for people to be fully restored to society once they have served their time, in all respects.
I agree...and so does the 2nd Amendment.

Hard to say there's much potential for negative impact. Already, 90% of guns used in crime have been illegally obtained and 38% of violent offense are committed by people previously convicted of a felony. I wouldn't object to refusing gun sales to felonies of violence or murder or other restriction/requirements, similar in nature to what various states have done to restore voting rights.

If the liberals want to give violent felons the right to vote, why not the right to carry?
But I've been told that rights can't be given or taken away. Voting and carrying must be privileges then.
What do you say about the topic, should felons have their rights restored to them or is that a liberal thing and therefore bad?

This video spells it out.

I have no problem with felons being barred from possessing firearms. I don't think it should necessarily be for life, though, and I don't think it makes sense for nonviolent felonies like tax evasion. Perhaps the duration of the ban should depend on the severity of the crime, and should last for example, twice as long as the maximum sentence for whatever you got convicted of.

That is what is so sad about liberals, they approve and support every whacky idea or policy regardless of the damage it would cause.

Whacky ideas or policies liberals didn't support:
That a serial bankrupt reality star and internet troll could be President
Insurrection
Injecting bleach
Ignoring a pandemic
Taking kids from parents and putting them in cages
Buying Greenland
Selling Puerto Rico
Use nuclear bombs to disrupt hurricanes
Rake forests
Put out the Notre Dame Cathedral fire with a water bomber.
Shutting down the government
Tweeting words of wisdom from Mussolini
Cozying up to Putin.

Insurrection
Injecting bleach
Ignoring a pandemic
Taking kids from parents and putting them in cages
Buying Greenland
Selling Puerto Rico
Use nuclear bombs to disrupt hurricanes
Rake forests
Put out the Notre Dame Cathedral fire with a water bomber.
Shutting down the government
Tweeting words of wisdom from Mussolini
Cozying up to Putin.

#1--Insurrection-----Not encouraged by Trump. Call it what you liberals call them all-----"A Mostly peaceful protest"
#2--Injecting bleach, Buying Greenland, Selling Puerto Rico, Bombing hurricanes are just the demented MSM twisting words in the hopes of destroying the president.
#3--Ignoring pandemic-----It was not ignored and actions were taken on never before seen virus. No previous successful game plan to rely upon. False information offered by so-called experts. Do you really think that Biden would have done a better job other than completely shutting down the country and destroying the economy? What would have been his plan?
#4--Rake Forests AKA Firebreaks-----It is called Management, something California liberals have no concept for which result in the mass destruction of homes, lives, and property.
#5--Water bomb Notre Dame-----Done at a high enough elevation to not cause structural damage just might have worked. Who knows?
$6--Government Shutdown-----The left has never suggested or supported this??????????????
#7--Russia, China, North Korea conspiracies never proven, just more liberal and MSM BS

Didnt watch video.

Yes, once fully released from prison and with restrictions for certain violent/gun-related felonies.

Insurrection
We know that isn't true. The very first thing the liberals did in 1791 was to start the Whiskey Rebellion that President George Washington had to put down personally. Then again in March 1861 Democrats started the Civil War, which was also defined as an insurrection by the way. Hence the reason for the suspension of habeas corpus.

We know that isn't true. The very first thing the liberals did in 1791.....

1791?

:LOL:

As to the topic, I don't think we should allow those convicted of violent crimes to possess firearms/ammunition upon release.

So you Trump isnt reaposible for any of the Covid deaths then.
If you're willing to admit a vote for Trump caused 400,000 deaths, I'll be happy to agree. I would also agree with stripping those who voted for Trump in 2020 of their right to vote, and maybe giving amnesty to those who did it in 2016 but were smart enough to change their minds after seeing the havoc he created.

So, thanks for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom