• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Euro Members of NATO Send Troop Personnel to Ukraine That Helps to Defend Ukraine?

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
France's Pres Macron seems to believe so. Normally, my response would be to slow that roll - lets not provoke the bear. But, while MAGA House continues to show efforts of resistance against US sending military aid to Ukraine that keeps the Russian military inside Ukraine that appears to be slowly advancing deeper into Ukraine, how long can the US keep pumping money into Ukraine while that may soon end because of our MAGA Congress's nonpublic admittance with backing Putin's invasion.

The way I look at this now, more than 2 years into Russia's invasion of Ukraine, as long as NATO support troops remain inside Ukraine to help Ukrainian fighters and not step one foot inside Russia - this is simply an effort to save Ukraine without declaring war against Russia. That is as long as Pres Zelenski doesn't have any problem with such an effort.

Speaking after a conference in Paris about support for Kyiv, Macron said there was “no consensus” on sending ground troops to Ukraine in an “official manner” but that “nothing was excluded”.

During a visit to the Czech Republic, Macron called on other European nations “not to be cowards” in the defence of Ukraine.

Granville believes Macron’s strategy “has to do with possibly sending military personnel to Ukraine in non-combat roles such as de-mining and training”.

France's Pres Macron seems to believe so. Normally, my response would be to slow that roll - lets not provoke the bear. But, while MAGA House continues to show efforts of resistance against US sending military aid to Ukraine that keeps the Russian military inside Ukraine that appears to be slowly advancing deeper into Ukraine, how long can the US keep pumping money into Ukraine while that may soon end because of our MAGA Congress's nonpublic admittance with backing Putin's invasion.

The way I look at this now, more than 2 years into Russia's invasion of Ukraine, as long as NATO support troops remain inside Ukraine to help Ukrainian fighters and not step one foot inside Russia - this is simply an effort to save Ukraine without declaring war against Russia. That is as long as Pres Zelenski doesn't have any problem with such an effort.

Speaking after a conference in Paris about support for Kyiv, Macron said there was “no consensus” on sending ground troops to Ukraine in an “official manner” but that “nothing was excluded”.

During a visit to the Czech Republic, Macron called on other European nations “not to be cowards” in the defence of Ukraine.

Granville believes Macron’s strategy “has to do with possibly sending military personnel to Ukraine in non-combat roles such as de-mining and training”.

No need--enough weaponry alone would do.

I do not believe that NATO forces should be ordered to fight in Ukraine and on Ukrainian soil. Obviously, they are welcome to volunteer however.

Macron can send his young people if he likes. **** him.

Ukraine isn't worth the blood of a single US Serviceman.

Not yet. Imo NATO needs to act in unison when they act.

YES!

Remember when Putin threatened nukes if NATO and other countries sent weapons to Ukraine? Guess what, nada.
Call his bluff. Send troops, not necessarily to the front lines, but to hold cities like Kyiv, so if Putin launches an all out assault again on those cities, he has only himself to blame if he faces better armed NATO troops.

I think that's a decision that should be left to the individual Nato country. If France is feeling it, the rest of Nato should support their decision to do as they see fit, doesn't mean anyone else has to jump on their bandwagon.

Ukraine needs all the help it can get, seeing as how our clown congress is too busy trying to appease a monster to do the right thing...SOOO ashamed of us...

Should Euro Members of NATO Send Troop Personnel to Ukraine That Helps to Defend Ukraine?​

shrug...sure. If they want to start a full blown world war.

I don't give a shit what you think.
You give enough of one to reply, but at least you recognize that I think. The fact that you talk about US servicemen when the post was about European NATO countries establishes your bona fides.

Got any real military that support your position?

YES!

Remember when Putin threatened nukes if NATO and other countries sent weapons to Ukraine? Guess what, nada.
Call his bluff. Send troops, not necessarily to the front lines, but to hold cities like Kyiv, so if Putin launches an all out assault again on those cities, he has only himself to blame if he faces better armed NATO troops.
Yes I think euro troops should be sent as peacekeepers to guard Ukraine's border with Belarus to free up the 50,000 troops that Ukraine has there now to prevent an invasion. If Putin attacks or bombs those peacekeeper they should retaliate in kind.

How much Latvian or Portuguese blood is America worth?

You give enough of one to reply, but at least you recognize that I think. The fact that you talk about US servicemen when the post was about European NATO countries establishes your bona fides.

Got any real military that support your position?

I don't give a shit what you think about my opinion.

Clear enough?

I don't give a shit what you think about my opinion.

Clear enough?
Let's try again...
"You give enough of one to reply, but at least you recognize that I think. The fact that you talk about US servicemen when the post was about European NATO countries establishes your bona fides. Got any real military that support your position?"

Just send them weapons/ ammo/ craft.

Let's try again...
"You give enough of one to reply, but at least you recognize that I think. The fact that you talk about US servicemen when the post was about European NATO countries establishes your bona fides. Got any real military that support your position?"

I'll play your idiotic game.

You support sending US troops?

I can't believe you would say that. If Russia takes Ukraine, do you really believe he will stop there? All of Europe will become his victims. You should be ashamed.

I can't believe you would say that. If Russia takes Ukraine, do you really believe he will stop there? All of Europe will become his victims. You should be ashamed.

When Putin took Crimea..........................liberals did nothing.

When they took the Donbas.......................liberals sent blankets.

Now all of a sudden liberals care about Europe being taken over.

Send your kids if your so damned concerned.

I'll play your idiotic game.

You support sending US troops?
Hell no, unless a NATO country is attacked. Hopefully the hapless elected R's have not squandered the opportunity to stop Russia with just our weapons.

When Putin took Crimea..........................liberals did nothing.

When they took the Donbas.......................liberals sent blankets.

Now all of a sudden liberals care about Europe being taken over.

Send your kids if your so damned concerned.
You don't care if Russia tries to own all of Europe? It's a yes or no question. No need to elaborate.

Back
Top Bottom