• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SHould either party declare themselves the winner before all the votes are counted?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Depending on which party's voters go to the polls to vote on November 3rd, they are going to seem like they have a lead at the end of the night. That will be before all of the mail in ballots are counted which may change the outcome. So should either part declare themselves the winner before all of the votes are counted?

My bet is trump claims to be the winner before 9 PM Eastern time

If it.goes against.him after that the "It Is Rigged" tirades will begin

I'm thinking it'll be a Reagan-like landslide for Trump. What's left of the Hillary/Biden supporters will need to suck it up and admit defeat.

Depending on which party's voters go to the polls to vote on November 3rd, they are going to seem like they have a lead at the end of the night. That will be before all of the mail in ballots are counted which may change the outcome. So should either part declare themselves the winner before all of the votes are counted?

In normal elections, yeah...it happens all the time.

But this year isn't a normal election. I don't think either party...nor the media...will be declaring the winner for a couple weeks.

No, unless there is an obvious landslide, to claim victory otherwise it will be mistake until all the votes are actually counted. In a close race this could take days or even a week.

I'm thinking it'll be a Reagan-like landslide for Trump. What's left of the Hillary/Biden supporters will need to suck it up and admit defeat.

Good for you...:roll:

my guess is that there will be a lot of mail in ballots that mysteriously won't make it in time to be counted. i'd say vote early, but most people probably won't. hopefully, America's gag reflex will be enough to vote out Punkinhead anyway despite Republican shady attempts to suppress / disqualify votes. basically, if the Democrats want to win, it's better if it isn't close.

It could very well appear on the evening of November 3 that Trump is winning.

But such an assumption will be premature. Mail-in voting should be record setting.

this we know for sure won't happen

there are not enough deplorables to allow for this

I don't think either candidate should declare victory until at least the majority of the votes are counted or at least its mathematically impossible to change the outcome.

For example
Blue state NY approx 8 million people vote if at midnight the vote count is 6 million with Biden at 70% there is no mathematical way the other 2 million votes would matter. Let the down ballot races be called later.

Red State Utah approx 800,000 voters if on election night Trump has 70% and 600,000 votes are counted then it should be called for Trump.

I'm just using the 70% as a example for the math whizzes out there you can probably make a better arguement. Im just pointing something out.

Here is how this is going to go down. Those astute on politics should have figured it out when Hillary told Joe not concede. They are going to try and steal this election on the back end by their losing Trumps mail ins and finding cases of Bidens. They will then shout on all hands on deck leftist media that "every vote must be counted" which will really mean all of the Biden votes must be added in and all of Trumps will be lost.

Trump will win election night, dems will then tie it up for weeks trying to get key counties to fall in Bidens favor. This will make the hanging chads look like a smooth election. If I were dems I would think twice about attempting this unless they have an army following them around on the streets.

Here is how this is going to go down. Those astute on politics should have figured it out when Hillary told Joe not concede. They are going to try and steal this election on the back end by their losing Trumps mail ins and finding cases of Bidens. They will then shout on all hands on deck leftist media that "every vote must be counted" which will really mean all of the Biden votes must be added in and all of Trumps will be lost.

Trump will win election night, dems will then tie it up for weeks trying to get key counties to fall in Bidens favor. This will make the hanging chads look like a smooth election. If I were dems I would think twice about attempting this unless they have an army following them around on the streets.

What if Trump loses?

Thinking is not your strong point.

Thinking is not your strong point.

Get ready for another big disappointment on election night. Or election week as it may turn out.

In normal elections, yeah...it happens all the time.

But this year isn't a normal election. I don't think either party...nor the media...will be declaring the winner for a couple weeks.

That is what you are hoping for you mean. If Trump loses Florida it will be over very early.

That is what you are hoping for you mean. If Trump loses Florida it will be over very early.

No...not hoping for it. Just stating facts.

But tell me...when do you think we'll know that Trump lost Florida?

I'm still wondering why the East coast results are published before the voting is completed in the West. That could, and possibly has turned elections in the past where those on the west have time to see which way things are going before they go to the polls.

Reagan received 59% of the popular vote in his reelection. Trump lost the popular vote in his first election. Do you think Trump has become more popular since then? Do you think the country is in a better place now than it was in 2016? Do you think Hillary Clinton was a more worthy and challenging opponent than Joe Biden?

Annotation 2020-09-03 170250.jpg

No matter how early it is the first time the returns show Trump is ahead he'll declare victory.

Then if he falls behind, if he loses he'll claim it was all rigged and mail-in cheating. If he never get's ahead he'll still calim he was cheated.

From now till the election, on the other hand, he will cheat every way, every day.

My bet is trump claims to be the winner before 9 PM Eastern time

If it.goes against.him after that the "It Is Rigged" tirades will begin

My bet is Trump declares himself the winner before 9am Nov 3rd:lol:

Counties don't mean squat in presidential elections... total votes by STATE are what matters...

Reagan received 59% of the popular vote in his reelection. Trump lost the popular vote in his first election. Do you think Trump has become more popular since then? Do you think the country is in a better place now than it was in 2016? Do you think Hillary Clinton was a more worthy and challenging opponent than Joe Biden?

Trump is running against BLM - burn, loot and murder. People are watching the riot videos even while mainstream media downplay it.

Last edited:
Trump is running against BLM - burn, loot and murder. People are watching the riot videos even while mainstream media downplay it.

These riots are happening under the Trump administration. The state of the country is the state of the country under Trump. You can argue how much is or isn't Trump's fault, but in the end we are living in Donald Trump's America. Obviously, a vote for Trump is a vote for the status quo.

Back
Top Bottom