• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should all background checks laws be abolished?

Should all background check laws be abolished?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why weird? Maybe she'd like to see the basis for other people's opinions first...you know...be open to learning new things?
The OP has a high need for control. If you want to see the results of her polls, you MUST participate in her polls. She also chases people around her threads demanding that people vote.

Mark on the driver's license is sufficient for private sales.

Coded no discrimination based on list, may require mark on driver's license.

Courts control the list; only accessed by gun dealers and law enforcement, coded secure.
None of these will stop straw purchases, the black market or theft, so effectiveness would be minimal.

Every gun purchase should have a background check...................including "in family" transfers.
H.R.8 does require background checks for in family purchases, but not for loans or gifts.

(y) It basically is now but you have to go thru an FFL and that costs $. But it also helps keep personal information more secure for the buyer...they're not handing it over to a stranger for submission.
Nor would they have to. They could enter their own information on an FBI app and show the results to the seller.

The buyer doesn't have to take part in the transaction at all if they aren't willing to show an ID to the seller.

Nor would they have to. They could enter their own information on an FBI app and show the results to the seller.

The buyer doesn't have to take part in the transaction at all if they aren't willing to show an ID to the seller.

I commented more further on but is this service free?

I commented more further on but is this service free?
It should be, but who knows. I have to pay a fee in Colorado for background checks, even for firearms purchased directly from an FFL.

According to the constitution yes. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Requiring govt approval of your background is infringing. This was the way for 200 years.

Gun rights advocates dislike gun control checkpoints. But even gun-zones would require frisking and gun control checkpoints against illegal weapons like heavy machine guns. The NRA have totally neglected the need to disarm criminals of illegal weapons even if handguns and rifles remain legal.

I’ve previously tried to limit my video links to movies I’ve fully watched but now I declare total war against gun rights by using whatever is available on YouTube!

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - Gatling Gun Scene (7/10)

They need to be tightened.
I think the whole thing is BS since anything can seem to get you classified as a felon they have one size fits all.
Hell look at Bidens son, walks in and ILLEGALLY buys a gun. So it also matters who you are and how much money you have.

I also support increased prosecution for those that lie on a 4473.

Let's start with a known drug user who lied on a 4473. Hunter Biden.
Yeah that's one reason I say piss on background checks. Depends on who you are and bank account.

Gun rights advocates dislike gun control checkpoints. But even gun-zones would require frisking and gun control checkpoints against illegal weapons like heavy machine guns. The NRA have totally neglected the need to disarm criminals of illegal weapons even if handguns and rifles remain legal.

I’ve previously tried to limit my video links to movies I’ve fully watched but now I declare total war against gun rights by using whatever is available on YouTube!

Gun control checkpoints? Maybe we should also have cell phone checkpoints and laptop check points. Ah hell just check for everything.
I don't really see why you would frisk for HMGs.
You do understand that total war is 24/7 and when used in the context of there is no sleeping hardly any eating or anything else but posting movies or what have you 24/7 or typing.

Us decent people follow laws it's the other type that don't follow the laws.
Why have any laws? They don't apply to the rich.....right?

Gun control checkpoints? Maybe we should also have cell phone checkpoints and laptop check points. Ah hell just check for everything.
I don't really see why you would frisk for HMGs.
You do understand that total war is 24/7 and when used in the context of there is no sleeping hardly any eating or anything else but posting movies or what have you 24/7 or typing.

A mass shooting of civilians would resemble volley fire against a human wave attack if we viewed it in a military context. Yet to participate in a human wave attack you’d need extreme cardiovascular fitness to run fast. It’s the one type of gunfighting that requires extreme footspeed to reduce your exposure to the enemies’ fire. Yet American gun owners are not required to undergo physical fitness tests when soldiers would be required to do so.

OMG, Gatling guns. LOL

BTW, Gatling guns are not considered machine guns. You can buy one with out any special paperwork. Only when you motorize it does it become a machine gun.

A mass shooting of civilians would resemble volley fire against a human wave attack if we viewed it in a military context. Yet to participate in a human wave attack you’d need extreme cardiovascular fitness to run fast. It’s the one type of gunfighting that requires extreme footspeed to reduce your exposure to the enemies’ fire. Yet American gun owners are not required to undergo physical fitness tests when soldiers would be required to do so.
Just stop.

Just stop.

There's an obesity epidemic in America. Moreover upper body strength isn't relevant in a human wave attack. So the average American would be wholly underprepared in their running ability to engage in a human wave attack against a mass shooter's covering position.

Typical republican yeah.....

......maybe fairy tales should be banned.

"By federal law, to purchase a firearm or explosive you must pass a background check"

:rolleyes:

OMG, Gatling guns. LOL

BTW, Gatling guns are not considered machine guns. You can buy one with out any special paperwork. Only when you motorize it does it become a machine gun.

You don't need a sophisticated bullet proof shield to have a portable covering position. A wheelie-bin full of sandbags or a small trench dug in the front garden could be used by any gun-toting criminal to assist in a home invasion. People in America aren't ethically obliged to attend mass in their respective religion until the religion endorses gun control or gun regulations at a minimum.

"Model 1895 Gatling gun
$55,000
Army Model 1895 with ten "Musket Length" (32 inch) barrels in caliber .30-40 Krag with Bruce Feed and tripod. The blued finish shown is no longer available."
https://andersonguncraftgatlings.com/price-list

A manual gatling gun would still rotate and fire at a speed faster than a single semi-automatic rifle. An expensive price tag won't stop any middle class person willing to perpetrate a mass shooting when fighting to the death means you can sacrifice your entire life savings on an arsenal.

"Is a Gatling gun a machine gun?
No. Gatling guns, and replicas thereof, produced under, or in accordance with, the patents of 1862-1893 are not automatic firearms or machine guns as that term is defined in 26 U.S.C. 5845(b) because it is not a weapon that fires automatically. The original Gatling gun is a rapid-firing, hand-operated weapon. The rate of fire is regulated by the rapidity of the hand-cranking movement and manually controlled by the operator. No special permits or tax stamps are required to own a Gatling gun and they can be transferred through a licensed FFL dealer (type 01)." (Same link)

Typical republican yeah.....

......maybe fairy tales should be banned.

"By federal law, to purchase a firearm or explosive you must pass a background check"

:rolleyes:

It'd be grossly inefficient but it's not impossible to remove the military hierarchy where every soldier is equally ranked private. It'd mean that every soldier would be free to obey or disobey the civilian president or congress. In other words a citizen soldier is no different than an unranked soldier. As such if Americans are so devout about removing the threat of tyranny they could compromise by allowing there to be military captains but no one ranked general. American gun-owners want to turn civilian society into a war-zone without realising that war can be endless in time and unlimited in violence.

Last edited:
By federal law, to purchase a firearm or explosive you must pass a background check.

When a person tries to buy a firearm, the seller, known as a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL), contacts NICS electronically or by phone. The prospective buyer fills out the ATF form, and the FFL relays that information to the NICS. The NICS staff performs a background check on the buyer. That background check verifies the buyer does not have a criminal record or isn't otherwise ineligible to purchase or own a firearm. Since launching in 1998, more than 300 million checks have been done, leading to more than 1.5 million denials. (FBI.gov)
The following groups are currently prohibited from owning guns:

• Convicted felons
  • People under federal domestic restraining orders
  • People convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes against victims they have been married to, lived with, or had a child with
  • People committed to a mental-health facility, or a court ruled were mentally unfit
  • Fugitives
  • People convicted of drug crimes or determined to by a court to be addicted to an illegal controlled substance
Thirty states, five US territories, and the Washington, DC rely on the FBI for background checks via the NICS. Seven states handle some background checks with the FBI in charge of specific types of transactions. The remaining 13 states, known as “point of contact” states, rely on state law enforcement agencies for background checks. (usafacts.org)

Should all background check laws be abolished?
The biggest problem I can see with background checks is GIGO -Garbage in Garbage Out. The NICS system can only find data that has been previously entered; and; while it does a good job it can't find the person out there whose brain is mis-wired, or is acting weird or secretive UNLESS SOMEONE OR SOME ORGANIZATION REPORTS THEM. That's the key.

Back
Top Bottom