• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharing my opinion with you. Get mad.

So, in the grand scheme of the 'lesser of two evils', I guess I will have to vote for Trump, if only to keep Hillary out of the White House.

SO after all that crying about corruption and whatever you are voting for TRUMP!!!!!! :lamo

In this particular election. I do not see it.

Well, if you are content to see Bill and Hillary back in the White House, then by all means proceed in the exact direction you are going, sir.
And good luck to you in that.

I politely choose to go another independent, objective, thoughtful way.

Here's hoping that she is in prison by Christmas, in either event.
:?

Well, if you are content to see Bill and Hillary back in the White House, then by all means proceed in the exact direction you are going, sir.

That reminds me...Trump has trial coming up in November, right after the election. He's being charged with fraud and racketeering.

But, there’s this 800 lb gorilla in the middle of the room and it is that this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you don't really understand the national debt, or money in general? It's a bit of an arcane subject, yet everybody likes to think that they are an expert.

That reminds me...Trump has trial coming up in November, right after the election. He's being charged with fraud and racketeering.

How sad is it that you and your elite pals could not come up with anyone better, on your own, to ride this wave of populist anger towards Elite incompetence and lack of morality.

Oh wait, the Elite dont do work successfully anymore hardly, it is all about playing the celeb/expert as they run around in their glow of assumed superiority bossing us little people around, insulting us little people, refusing to listen to us little people, and when it comes to DC refusing to work for the little people as they get rich as leaches on the system.

Maybe just maybe the elite class are due a right sizing.

Yes, I think so.

If you were really being thoughtful or independent you wouldn't be voting for Trump. That's all I've got to say.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you don't really understand the national debt, or money in general? It's a bit of an arcane subject, yet everybody likes to think that they are an expert.

I am not an expert, but am rather just a truth-teller.

The debt is the debt, and it is staggering.
Rationalize it,
make excuses for it,
blame it on this Party or that,
I do not care how or why you choose to embrace and celebrate the debt.

It is the 800 lb gorilla in the room, and it is about to become the 900 lb gorilla, chum.

That much debt is no good for the nation, just as Greece's debt was no good.
Just as the common American household that brings in $50,000 in income each year, but finds itself happy to be in $750,000 in credit card debt, is no good.

And by the way, I will gladly school you off-line, in PM form, about my own personal experiences, education, and life's wisdom regarding income, debt, international finances, investments, and budgeting.
To do so on the open forums would only be perceived as bragging, and I am a humble guy, so let's carry that discussion on in private, okay friend?

Thanks.
:)

If you were really being thoughtful or independent you wouldn't be voting for Trump. That's all I've got to say.

Of course, because there is no argument that is going to win the day when you start out with that high quality tripe right there.....

I am not an expert, but am rather just a truth-teller.

The debt is the debt, and it is staggering.
Rationalize it,
make excuses for it,
blame it on this Party or that,
I do not care how or why you choose to embrace and celebrate the debt.

It is the 800 lb gorilla in the room, and it is about to become the 900 lb gorilla, chum.

That much debt is no good for the nation, just as Greece's debt was no good.
Just as the common American household that brings in $50,000 in income each year, but finds itself happy to be in $750,000 in credit card debt, is no good.

And by the way, I will gladly school you off-line, in PM form, about my own personal experiences, education, and life's wisdom regarding income, debt, international finances, investments, and budgeting.
To do so on the open forums would only be perceived as bragging, and I am a humble guy, so let's carry that discussion on in private, okay friend?

Thanks.

No, bragging will be just fine.

Who does the U.S. borrow dollars from? And where do those dollars come from in the first place?

No, bragging will be just fine.

Who does the U.S. borrow dollars from? And where do those dollars come from in the first place?

PM sent, buddy.

Let's carry on this conversation in private.

The original topic was American voters abandoning their vapid, useless concerns, and taking the time to study all the candidates in detail, and then voting for those men and women who will stand for integrity, honesty, (fiscal responsibility even) and accountability.

You and I can have a polite and educated discussion in private about the staggering national debt.
I don't want this to turn into a partisan-political, nonsensical vomiting and regurgitating of Party talking points, if you don't mind.

Awaiting your reply to my PM, good sir.
Thanks.

How sad is it that you and your elite pals could not come up with anyone better, on your own, to ride this wave of populist anger towards Elite incompetence and lack of morality.

Oh wait, the Elite dont do work successfully anymore hardly, it is all about playing the celeb/expert as they run around in their glow of assumed superiority bossing us little people around, insulting us little people, refusing to listen to us little people, and when it comes to DC refusing to work for the little people as they get rich as leaches on the system.

Maybe just maybe the elite class are due a right sizing.

Yes, I think so.

Playing celebrity? You mean like the guy that hosted 'celebrity apprentice' who runs around assuming a glow superiority and insults war heroes, veterans, the disabled, Mexicans, Muslims, women, gays, blacks, the poor and God who knows who else....and defrauded more people than you can shake a stick at?

Yeah...I think so, too.

PM sent, buddy.

Let's carry on this conversation in private.

The original topic was American voters abandoning their vapid, useless concerns, and taking the time to study all the candidates in detail, and then voting for those men and women who will stand for integrity, honesty, (fiscal responsibility even) and accountability.

You and I can have a polite and educated discussion in private about the staggering national debt.
I don't want this to turn into a partisan-political, nonsensical vomiting and regurgitating of Party talking points, if you don't mind.

Awaiting your reply to my PM, good sir.
Thanks.

I don't work through PMs. I'm also about as non-partisan as it gets here on DP. I'm no fan of either remaining candidate.

Why did you start a thread, in the Government Spending and Debt section, that mentioned our staggering $19 trillion debt a half-dozen times if you didn't want to discuss it? How is the national debt NOT the subject of your thread? And if you want to talk about candidates in the context of "fiscal responsibility," first you have to demonstrate what "fiscal responsibility" really is. Either way, we're talking about government finance. Otherwise, this thread is in the wrong forum.

Works fine for me and twenty million other Americans who now have health insurance. Enactment was the heavy lift, imo.

There are twenty million newly insured under Obama care? Reliable source?

Playing celebrity? You mean like the guy that hosted 'celebrity apprentice' who runs around assuming a glow superiority and insults war heroes, veterans, the disabled, Mexicans, Muslims, women, gays, blacks, the poor and God who knows who else....and defrauded more people than you can shake a stick at?

Yeah...I think so, too.

People still run around thinking that matters, even if it were to be true, which it mostly is not.....Trump was the only one talking real in a lot of years and Donald J Trump was the only one asking to be our leader.

Almost nothing after that could possibly matter.

Which is why he could go out onto 5th Ave and shoot someone and a lot of his Army would stick with him.

Not me mind you, as I have higher limits of civility that must be met by my President.

But you are going to have to get up there in severity of the charge to get me to care enough to listen to you.

Last edited:
People still run around thinking that matters, even if it where to be true, which it mostly is not.....Trump was the only one talking real in a lot of years, Trump was the only one asking to be our leader.

Almost nothing after that could possibly matter.

Which is why he could go out onto 5th Ave and shoot someone and a lot of his Army would stick with him.

Not me mind you, as I have higher limits of civility that must be met by my President.

But you are going to have to get up their in severity of the charge in order to get me to care enough to listen to you.

Trump is a birther. And you think that is "talking real"? LOL

That's just sad.

I don't work through PMs. I'm also about as non-partisan as it gets here on DP. I'm no fan of either remaining candidate.

Why did you start a thread, in the Government Spending and Debt section, that mentioned our staggering $19 trillion debt a half-dozen times if you didn't want to discuss it? How is the national debt NOT the subject of your thread? And if you want to talk about candidates in the context of "fiscal responsibility," first you have to demonstrate what "fiscal responsibility" really is. Either way, we're talking about government finance. Otherwise, this thread is in the wrong forum.

John, the thread is an admonition to abandon frivolous personal concerns and to study political candidates at all levels, and to vote for those men and women who will stand for integrity, honesty, (fiscal responsibility even) and accountability.

The touchstone throughout the original posting regarded the staggering (and worsening) national debt.
The staggering and worsening national debt is but the most glaring symptom of a nation and a government that has lost all regard for honesty, integrity, and accountability.

The reason I would rather discuss the specifics of this staggering and worsening debt with you (and anyone else for that matter) in a PM is that:

a. To go down that specific, 900-pound rabbit hole in the open forum would detract from the original discussion
(the debt is what it is, it is legendary, and it is a train-wreck in progress)
and
b. I have personal experiences with specific entities, both domestic and international, that are best not discussed in the open forum.
It's not a matter of ego so much as a concern for the privacy and sanctity of international trade agreements, foreign military sales cases (many ongoing), governmental processes, and foreign/domestic budgetary practices that wouldn't concern the average web forum visitor.

The PM was sent, good sir.
I'll be up for a few more minutes, and then I am off to bed.

04:00 hrs CST is when I'll be up and headed to work tomorrow morning.
I'll have a few minutes over coffee to PM with you, surely.
Thanks.

Trump is a birther. And you think that is "talking real"? LOL

That's just sad.

You think having one thought you dont like invalidates everything a guy says?

Like, for his entire lifetime? That sounds intriguing, how does it work?

Maybe this some alien species in UFO's doing Voodoo kinda thing?

:aliens1:

You think having one thought you dont like invalidates everything a guy says?

Like, for his entire lifetime? That sounds intriguing, how does it work?

Is this some alien species in UFO's doing Voodoo kinda thing?

:aliens1:
:bag:

That one thought is how he built his base. So yeah...it kind of does invalidate everything he says.

Last edited:
That one thought is how he built his base. So yeah...it does kind of invalidate everything he says.

The base has long been there, waiting for someone to lead them, but thanks for playing.

And if it is not Trump then it will be someone else, this nightmare ain't going away.

Time for a Duck Breast Po'Boy, and let me tell you, I am excited.

There are twenty million newly insured under Obama care? Reliable source?

This 20 million figure comes from a March 2016 estimate by the Department of Health and Human Services, intended to show how many people gained insurance through the Affordable Care Act since full implementation in 2013. But it's not necessarily precise.

Since people move in and out of insurance markets on a regular basis, as they change or lose jobs, this is not an easy number to capture. Analysts relied on survey data that indicated that the percentage of adults between the ages of 18 and 64 who lacked health insurance dropped from about 20 percent to 11.5 percent. That translated into 17.7 million nonelderly adults.

About 2.3 million of the figure comes from young adults who choose to stay on their parents' plan before they turned 26, between the years 2010 and 2013, under a provision that kicked in as soon as the bill was signed.

Enrollment in ACA marketplaces was 8 million in 2014, 11.7 million in 2015 and 12.7 million in 2016, the report said. But Americans also gained coverage through an expansion of Medicaid in 31 states and the District of Columbia. — "Fact checking the third day of the 2016 Democratic National Convention," WaPo, Jul 28, 2015​

"Obamacare Premiums Are Lower Than You Think," Health Affairs, Jul 21, 2016

"Obamacare May Actually Be Saving You Money, Study Shows," The Motley Fool, Jul 30, 2016

The staggering and worsening national debt is but the most glaring symptom of a nation and a government that has lost all regard for honesty, integrity, and accountability.

I'm very unhappy about the debt, but the reason for that is we didn't get much of anything out of it. We simply engaged in a reckless deregulatory scheme after having already failed to collect trillions of dollars in income taxes from wealthy households over most of the last thirty-plus years. A shame given that that their share of national income was going to dramatically expand anyway due to factors like globalisation and automation.

If we simply don't go back to tax and regulatory polices that drove the debt up, it should be managed fairly easily. A combination of making smart public investments in education, infrastructure, and R & D, bumping up taxes a bit more on the top one percent, and adding to our labor force through immigration promises to drive up production and allow us to grow our way into lowering the debt/GDP ratio, maybe back down under ninety or even eighty percent.

What other "glaring symptoms" are you concerned about?

insult-free mmi post #1 (new series)

Last edited:
I will have to vote for Trump

The Tax Policy Center (TPC) estimates Clinton’s tax proposals would shave $1.2 trillion off the nation’s debt over the next 10 years while Trump’s would add $11.2 trillion.

two_different_paths.png

The Tax Policy Center (TPC) estimates Clinton’s tax proposals would shave $1.2 trillion off the nation’s debt over the next 10 years while Trump’s would add $11.2 trillion.

Uh.......
Did you even read the article that accompanied the shiny, Party-friendly graphic you posted, friend?

At the very bottom, you would have found, "Posts and Comments are solely the opinion of the author and not that of the Tax Policy Center, Urban Institute, or Brookings Institution."

Good job, pal.

What other "glaring symptoms" are you concerned about?
insult-free mmi post #1 (new series)

You're kidding, right?

Okay, allow me to filter out some of the chaff and nonsense if you really want to have this discussion.

First, I need to know if you believe that I am wrong, and whether you believe that our American government has not lost all regard for honesty, integrity, and accountability.

How you respond to that (hopefully in an objective, non-Partisan manner) will determine whether I provide you a detailed list of other "glaring symptoms".

Thanks in advance, buddy.

Back
Top Bottom