• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Senator Obama may run

MrMichiganDem said:
What differences does it make what citizenship Obama Sr held?

It has nothing to do with being black. It has a million and one things to do with my concern that his family has a Muslim background and that he was schooled in Muslim schools as a kid in Indonesia. I point out the paper calling his father African American because I think it is misleading. We are currently fighting against Islamic extremists who absolutely hate us and I just find it odd that the dems would think of nominating someone with such a Muslim background for pres. We've never had a female president, a black presidsent, or even a jewish president so I find it very odd that at a time when we are fighting extreme Islam overseas we would decide to turn to a guy with an arguablely strong overseas Muslim background which he seems to hide somewhat and have papers calling him a "SUPERSTAR" but apparently that's just me 'cause noone seems to share my concern and the media thus far refuses to even discuss it and instead refers to his father as having been an African American.:roll: But since noone else but me is concerned about all that I'll just shup up about it.

Last edited:
disneydude said:
Try as you might to label....but Gore and Kerry are hardly left-wing.

Even Obama who is more to the left is not what I would call left-wing.

However, in answer to your question.....I would prefer to have a left v. moderate choice for President. That way there would, as you say, be a clear choice. The Problem with two moderates is that its like choosing between two of the same.

DD of course you would not consider them left wing..........

For example when Kerry ran for president a non partisan group found that he voted liberal 96% of the time even more then Kennedy.......

Why couldn't the moderate be a democrat like a Sam Nunn or Evan Bayh....I will tell you why because they have no chance to win the democratic nomination.........Your base is controlled by the far left.........

MrMichiganDem said:
What differences does it make what citizenship Obama Sr held? Damn the Man been dead 20 years, and you all is beating the hell out of where or who he is. He was from Africa and came to America something that he had the rights to do, and here is where he met the Senator's Mother. Now reading some of the posts on this forum shows just how some Americans take chit and run it into the ground. Lets deal with the here and now, and let the past rest. Regardless if Mr Obama was from the moon the honorable Senator was born. Anytime a powerful Black man arrives on the scene he gets attacked, or everyone seem to think they know his business. Florida and Ohio was stolen so think about what state the elephant party will steal next instead of worrying about someone's personal life. Now lets move right along and talk about what Obama have achieved since being a Senator.

Yeah and they are called and Uncle Tom or and Aunt Jamima like Colin Powell or Condy Rice.........Or wait they are Republicans.......:confused:

Can you at least see the double standard on your side?

talloulou said:
It has a million and one things to do with my concern that his family has a Muslim background and that he was schooled in Muslim schools as a kid in Indonesia. We are currently fighting against Islamic extremists who absolutely hate us and I just find it odd that the dems would think of nominating someone with such a Muslim background for pres.
Maybe that's just what we need right now - someone who actually understands the Muslim culture we're up against. Unless you have reason to believe he's a Muslim extremist, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

SouthernDemocrat said:
I don't think the ad was intended to be racist, extremely tacky and inappropriate yes, but it was not racist.

Yet that is the whole issue the left raises and either they are bigots and grossly misinformed.

That said, what do you live in some bubble in the South? You must think that no one else on here is from the south. Yes, there are interracial couples in the south, the reason for that is that there are a lot of black people in the south.

And there are more whites, what's your point?

However, racism is far stronger in the South that it is in any other part of the country.

No it's not and there is no evidence it is.
For that matter, sexism is more entrenched in the south than it is in any other part of the country.

Assertions without merit.

So is religious in tolerance and bigotry toward other cultures and lifestyles, and of course, xenophobia is pretty prevalent down south too. The South has come a long way, but in terms of tolerance, its still well behind other parts of the country.

No more or less than anywhere else in the country.

SouthernDemocrat said:
The poor pay in little in Federal Income Taxes to begin with.

How many did Clinton take off the tax rolls under legislation he proposed versus Bush?

The bulk of their taxes are payroll, state and local.

The payroll taxes get credited back to them through the EITC and the fed have no control over state and local taxes so that is a moot point.

I will say that its worth pointing out that the poverty rate went down every year Clinton was in office. The poverty rate has went up every year Bush has been in office.

We he did come in on a economy entering a growth cycle, but he did nothing towards that result.

Median wages, adjusted for inflation, went up every year Clinton was in office.

Not due to any actions he took.

Median wages, adjusted for inflation, have declined every year Bush has been in office.

Which is a lagging idicator but the fact is wages are rising quite substantially now.

Came in of a recession and then we had to things which had huge effects on the eonomy didn't we, but the fact is his tax cuts in fact help the economy from sinking any deeper that it would have and we have had several years now of solid economic growth.
However, I suspect that once the statistics are finalized for this year, they will have finally risen.

Remarkably so.

BINARY_DIGIT You hit the nail right on the head when you said.... Maybe that's just what we need right now - someone who actually understands the Muslim culture we're up against. Unless you have reason to believe he's a Muslim extremist, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

The Elephant party is the main ones who need to take your suggestion. Don't all muslims ride camels or ride planes into buildings, but because Bush has brain damage the republician party they might believe muslims ride magic carpets:rofl ,and lets not forget Blackwater security scandal which was part of the oil fields takeover in the middle east. Now back to Senator Obama and
his background.

Senator Obama is a man and a human being just like anyone else, and if he was so disqualified he would not have made it to the Senate. One thing I have learned in my 59 years on this earth is to know what the hell I am complaining or talking about especially when it comes to a persons private life.
Which is what a bunch of people don't know how to do. SouthernDemocrat this is 2006 (soon be 2007) why are you still jumping up & down about what Clinton did when he was President? That's back then we are living in the here and now age

Navy Pride said......Yeah and they are called and Uncle Tom or and Aunt Jamima like Colin Powell or Condy Rice.........Or wait they are Republicans....... Can you at least see the double standard on your side?

Well again NP Colin had sense enough to remove himself from Bush's bullshit I call that a smart move, and Condelezza..she's in the right spot cause she got her nose right up Bush's ***. Now that's what a real Aunt Jamima is really like since you want to use that word. What double standards you are typing about? I know the history of Obama Sr coming to America, and what's wrong with a Black man coming to America to better himself? Here he met Obama's Jr Mother which produced our Senator. Regardless to if Obama Sr was a African or a Afro-American he was still a man.

Now to you Talloulou. What about them American (love to stay a War) extremists that's in Congress and the Senate in Washington D.C? Let me type this Talloulou...I am a Moorish American (why?) because I was born here in American, but my family tradition leads my bloodline back to the south, and then back to my native homeland somewhere in the northern part of Africa. I am the fourth generation of my african roots, and yet I live in the United States of Africa as far as I am concerned. In closing Talloulou you should know by now how the media love to hype things up, and you don't have to hush your mouth you do have a freedom to speak. :2wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom