• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Rand Paul pushes for criminal investigation into Anthony Fauci: He "lied to Congress"

It isn't a fact, it's supposition. Supposition based upon an emotional reaction to wanting to protect your guy for making the decision he did.

I am not here telling you that you are wrong, or right, so you don't need to jump into a defensive posture but the sooner we recognize that all these subjective arguments that are had here do exactly jack and shit about healing the divide in this country the sooner we can shitcan the division and hopefully move toward a better future.
There was nothing subjective or emotional in my post. A large percentage of medical workers were infected with covid and unable to treat patients, and had they had even less access to masks the death toll would have been higher, no reasonably thinking adult with a shred of common sense could dispute that. If you want to heal the country you need to stop supporting the man who is fomenting divide. Just yesterday he demanded that republicans stop trying to pass infrastructure until they take back the majority. So repairing roads and bridges is secondary to his political aspirations. He is a scumbag.

Would you dispute my assertion that had people hoarded masks medical professionals would not have had access to them, therefore costing more loss of life. That is not partisan, nor emotion, but simple fact.
That's not his call, Sparky. His job is to be forthright about what he knows within his field, not manipulative. What he did is immoral. Thanks!!

That's not his call, Sparky. His job is to be forthright about what he knows within his field, not manipulative. What he did is immoral. Thanks!!
Saving lives is always the moral choice.

I likewise followed the advice of experts. Wore a mask very early on even before it was a thing because both my wife and I are in the compromised category. She with lung cancer and I with diabetes and heart disease. But I also recognize when a so-called expert in the field of infectious diseases is lying to us and because he chose to lie over giving it to us straight I cannot respect him as a scientist.

You can call it a lie if you like. It certainly was deceptive.

For his part, Trump has never recommended his supporters use masks, avoided being seen wearing one, and said he probably wouldn't use one. I suppose that counts as honest.

So which did more damage, do you think? The health official trying to shore up supplies for front line folk, or the POTUS who refused to give helpful advice because he didn't think it would make him look good?

Thanks for making my case as to why it's hard to not discuss the COVID pandemic without mentioning both Fauci and Trump.
Substituting what I said with what you want to think I said is not making your case.

Substituting what I said with what you want to think I said is not making your case.
What I think ( and stated) in previous posts is 'exactly' what you "said." Hence, why you proved my case.

You can call it a lie if you like. It certainly was deceptive.

For his part, Trump has never recommended his supporters use masks, avoided being seen wearing one, and said he probably wouldn't use one. I suppose that counts as honest.

So which did more damage, do you think? The health official trying to shore up supplies for front line folk,
or the POTUS who refused to give helpful advice because he didn't think it would make him look good?
Are you seriously supporting collateral damage? That's the role of a warrior, not a scientist.

Are you seriously supporting collateral damage? That's the role of a warrior, not a scientist.

Turns out, warfare and pandemics both depend on logistics.

Would you have actually felt better if Fauci had said some thing more like "I would absolutely recommend masks to everyone, but we don't have enough right now to provide for front line people" ?

Seems like it would just be the same situation, except there would have been a general rush to seize the existing supplies of masks, likely leaving hospitals in an even worse situation.

Turns out, warfare and pandemics both depend on logistics.

Would you have actually felt better if Fauci had said some thing more like "I would absolutely recommend masks to everyone, but we don't have enough right now to provide for front line people" ?

Seems like it would just be the same situation, except there would have been a general rush to seize the existing supplies of masks, likely leaving hospitals in an even worse situation.
He could have just shut up and advised those who made policy. Instead of acting like a scientist he thought he should be the General.

Saving lives is always the moral choice.
No it is not a moral choice. It's never a moral choice. If that were the case, you could justify any decision no matter heinous. It is, however, a CHOICE. And a choice Fauci had no right to make. He's not an elected official, He is not a representative of the American people. In short, he has no right to make any choice regarding the well-being of the American people. His job is to tell the truth, and only the truth regarding research, and to report on it. He can report on what demonstrably works or doesn't work. That's it. That's all. He doesn't get to lie to my family EVER. He should be fired, and if it were at all possible, he should be the subject of a class action law suit. But of course, that will never happen. Thanks!!

So whatever happened to all those masks Kushner had DHS seize from hospitals, etc?

No, I'm referring to Faucet.

How arrogant can one be? Part of being a scientist is to expect your theories or positions to be challenged.

Yes, he's an egghead.

Yes, he's arrogant because he knows more about this topic than most of the population.

Yes, he knows more about how to deal with pandemics than Trump's ignorant, uneducated, hateful supporters.

Yes, an attack on him is an attack on how the scientific community approaches solving problems.

Any other questions?

You've said absolutely nothing of value to even take out of context. I don't know why you're denying reality (again, going with vapid partisanship), but I know why Fauci would lie. He was part of the push to fund the Wuhan lab after that shit was shut down in the U.S. as being too dangerous. Now that the lab leak has become the dominant theory he's trying to save his own ass. His opinion, and that of anyone involved, is compromised for that very reason.

Dr. Richard Ebright, a professor of chemistry and chemical biology at Rutgers University and biosafety expert, is contesting NIH director Dr. Anthony Fauci’s testimony before the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee on Tuesday.

Dr. Fauci’s claim — made during an exchange with Senator Rand Paul — that “the NIH [National Institutes of Health] has not ever and does not now fund gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology [WIV]” is “demonstrably false,” according to Ebright.

‘The Wuhan lab used NIH funding to construct novel chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses able to infect human cells and laboratory animals,” he said. “This is high-risk research that creates new potential pandemic pathogens (i.e., potential pandemic pathogens that exist only in a lab, not in nature). This research matches — indeed epitomizes — the definition of ‘gain of function research of concern’ for which federal funding was ‘paused’ in 2014-2017.”

“Chimeric” coronaviruses refers to those that have been altered and enhanced by man, in this case in such a way as to make them more transmissible and dangerous to humans.

The paper drafted by WIV scientists clearly states that the underlying research was funded by, among other entities, the National Institutes of Health. The NIH’s own database of grantees lists this research and confirms that over $660,000 was spent supporting it.

Fauci appears to have been, at best, mistaken while sparring with Senator Paul on Tuesday. At worst, he was playing tenuous word games meant to deceive.
take that shit the GAB or stormfront

There are some experts that disagree with Faucet. His ego got the better of him. He could have easily been cool about being called a liar by Paul. It's not the first rodeo he went through with him. But he lost his temper. That's unprofessional.

No. **** that. I think it's time to take idiots like Paul to the woodshed. That's the only thing these dimwitted Trump supporters respect. You've just got to kick them in the teeth until they shut the **** up.

He could have just shut up and advised those who made policy. Instead of acting like a scientist he thought he should be the General.

So as a senior health official, he should not have been giving updates to the public that was desperate for information?

We should have just worked with what Trump was saying, or is there someone else who should have been in that role that you think is better qualified?

No. **** that. I think it's time to take idiots like Paul to the woodshed. That's the only thing these dimwitted Trump supporters respect. You've just got to kick them in the teeth until they shut the **** up.
So you're advocating violence, now, W Heisenberg?? No wonder why so many Americans think the ultra-left is a danger to civilized society. Your entire post is "dim-witted." Thanks!!

So you're advocating violence, now, W Heisenberg??

It was a metaphor.

No wonder why so many Americans think the ultra-left is a danger to civilized society.

I am a former Republican. I'm a capitalist. And I recognize the danger thuggish Trump supporters pose to the rest of society.

Your entire post is "dim-witted." Thanks!!

I'm just calling it like it is. You can't compromise or negotiate with far-right-wing authoritarian whackos who view everything through the lens of force, power, and violence.

The people begging Fauci to be more polite would kneecap Fauci with a sledge hammer if they had the chance.

When dealing with bullies like Trump and his supporters the best approach is usually to kick them in the teeth (metaphorically speaking, of course).

Last edited:
More leftist advocacy of political violence

It's very important for everyone to know that people like EMNofSeattle want to destroy our government, and they want their political opponents to die.

We cannot take these protestations of political violence seriously.

These comments are nothing more than crocodile tears.

It's very important for everyone to know that people like EMNofSeattle want to destroy our government, and they want their political opponents to die.

We cannot take these protestations of political violence seriously.

These comments are nothing more than crocodile tears.
I have never advocated for violence against any political opponents in the United States.

So that is simply a lie.

Yes, he went to Congress and said the NIH never funded gain of function research, and yet there’s gain of function research at the Wuhan virology institute that was funded by the NIH

This is a lie.

One of the US scientists who collaborated on the 2015 research on bat viruses with the Wuhan institute, Dr Ralph Baric from the University of North Carolina, gave a detailed statement to the Washington Post.

He said the work they did was reviewed by both the NIH and the university's own biosafety committee "for potential of gain-of-function research and were deemed not to be gain-of-function".

He also says that none of the viruses which were the subject of the 2015 study are related to Sars-Cov-2, which caused the pandemic in 2020.

He does acknowledge that the work they carried out showed the viruses had "intrinsic properties" giving them the ability to infect humans.

But he adds: "We never introduced mutations into [the virus] spike to enhance growth in human cells."

US researcher and biologist Alina Chan at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard has highlighted issues with the wording of the government's pause to funding in 2014.

It says that it would stop funding research that "may be reasonably anticipated to confer attributes to influenza, MERS, or SARS viruses such that the virus would have enhanced pathogenicity and/or transmissibility in mammals via the respiratory route."

This could imply that research on viruses may not intend to produce "gain-of-function", although that could be the end result of it.

A more general point is that any evaluation of research and the risks involved can be subjective.

Rebecca Moritz of Colorado State University told the BBC: "There is not always consensus [on gain-of-function research] even amongst experts, and institutions interpret and apply policy differently."

--

What is happening is that Paul and Trump supporters are clinging to this notion that the U.S. funded gain of function research so they can spread the conspiracy theory that the virus was created in China.

All of this propaganda is being created to protect their Dear Leader, Trump, from political attacks due to his disastrous handling of the Covid-19 pandemic.

It's all one big lie, just like their lies about election fraud.

Their interactions are like an Escher painting, or one of those visual illusions that pop up on Facebook: Do you see Paul knocking out Fauci, or did Fauci just publicly flyswat Paul again?

Well, now Paul has written a letter encouraging a criminal investigation into Fauci, a Scooby snack tossed to the "Lock Him Up" crowd and Hannity, who recently interviewed him.

Quick recap on Paul: the Covid Sweepstakes winner of D.C. politics, he was the first known senator to contract the disease. Then later, apparently unaware of stories of people getting Covid twice, Paul said he wouldn't get vaccinated because he had already had Covid. Hello! McFly! Anybody home?

It is this senator who is claiming that one of the top infectious disease experts is lying about the topic of infectious diseases.
He’s grandstanding for the base. He knows it’ll come to nothing.

I have never advocated for violence against any political opponents in the United States.

So that is simply a lie.

1. You have frequently advocated for a dictatorship on American soil.

2. This is what you wrote a few days ago to someone who was trying to prevent Trump supporters from killing themselves due to propaganda:

If you vote leftist I want you to get the super vaccine resistant Covid because you’re seriously impacting my quality of life when I have to smell marijuana every time I leave my house and have homeless people burning down buildings every other day.

Therefore, I do not think we should ever take your complaints about so-called Leftist violence seriously.

I don't think you care.

This is a lie.

What is happening is that Paul and Trump supporters are clinging to this notion that the U.S. funded gain of function research so they can spread the conspiracy theory that the virus was created in China.

All of this propaganda is being created to protect their Dear Leader, Trump, from political attacks due to his disastrous handling of the Covid-19 pandemic.

It's all one big lie, just like their lies about election fraud.
LOL. The claim that this was not gain of function research is a transparent light. This is trying to quibble definitions. It would be like if I told you I didn’t drink a soda, I drink carbonated water with sugar sweetener added. Same thing.

Back
Top Bottom