• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Rand Paul pushes for criminal investigation into Anthony Fauci: He "lied to Congress"

Not at all what I'm saying. Is it at all possible to you that when Fauci made those statements, he believed he was being truthful? Facts today have a funny way of becoming untruths tomorrow. I will never be convinced that Fauci lied intentionally.

And FYI: If you are intentionally misspelling Fauci's name, it's not real becoming. DR. FAUCI
Faucet stated on video tape the reasons why he advised against wearing masks. That has already been cited.

Edit: Why let my my misspelling of Faucet’s name bother you. Trump and his supporters are given endearing names all the time because those doing it have no respect for them.

I didn’t follow Trump’s rhetoric. I’m informed enough to know the value of masks. That’s why I knew Faucet was lying when he said masks weren’t necessary and it was then that I realized he was a pathetic joke that deserved no respect. I had hoped that Trump would have fired the pos but then I learned that’s not easy to do. He has protected status and the arrogant pos knows it.
And the above has what to do with you calling out what you perceive to be Fauci's lies, but you seem to have ZERO issues with Trump's documented lies regarding the severity of COVID?

Fauci's job is not to play God with the lives of 330 million Americans. Withholding information and making misleading statements regarding how Americans should conduct themselves in the middle of a pandemic is frankly, immoral. HIS job is to report the facts and offer as much information as his staff can confirm as reliable. He did not do that. He actually knowingly advised the opposite of what the public should do to protect themselves. That is - by an y definition - immoral behavior. Thanks!!

Do you know how mentally unhinged your post sounds?

You think that Fauci is playing God with the lives of 330 million Americans?

Just yesterday, you were typing statements starting with "If" about Fauci. What was that whole puppet show about?

Holy Christ have you gone overboard since then.

Now it is: Assumption, assumption, assumption, assumption, CRAZY CONCLUSION. Believe me!]

I guess now I know why the conservative media is so popular.

And the above has what to do with you calling out what you perceive to be Fauci's lies, but you seem to have ZERO issues with Trump's documented lies regarding the severity of COVID?
We are talking about Faucet. I know how eager you are to deflect from that but I’m not gonna accommodate you.

I hold a scientist to a higher standard than a politician. I’m not surprised when a politician lies and because I know it’s part of their nature to mislead I take anything they say with a grain of salt. But I expect and demand that a scientist (or any Doctor for that matter) to be upfront and honest with me. With the knowledge they tell me I can make informed decisions.
Just from a personal side, I listened to what the docs and scientists were saying from the beginning. I got my masks and used them religiously as well as adhered to the other social guidelines. I made my own conclusions and they seemed to have worked well. No Covid here. I then continued listening and got both by vaccinations back in March and April.

All my informed decisions have been based on the science coming from the CDC and NIH (Fauci), not from Trump sycophants and the like. You see where our country is heading right now for listening to Trumpers and Fox.

That's why Biden likes him. They both want to settle disputes by going to the "woodshed".

I don't recall Paul being visibly shaken. Faucet on the other hand was.
one is a defunct ophthalmologist and not a good one...the other is an actual doctor of Internal medicine and has an extensive background in viruses and pandemics...the person with the extensive background is not Paul.

We are talking about Faucet. I know how eager you are to deflect from that but I’m not gonna accommodate you.
Trying to understand why one criticizes statements about covid by one public figure but not the other is not deflection.

It's kinda hard to discuss Fauci's 'entire' involvement with COVID, without also discussing Trump's involvement regarding COVID.. I'll let you figure out as to why.

I think the main gist of things here is that, while yes Fauci has lied on occasion, some of you feel like he had the best interests of the country in mind, and others not so much.

So another partisan divide based upon subjective feelings about someone's motivation.

As most of the threads here, light on substance but high on partisan emotion.
Would you dispute my assertion that had people hoarded masks medical professionals would not have had access to them, therefore costing more loss of life. That is not partisan, nor emotion, but simple fact.

Faucet stated on video tape the reasons why he advised against wearing masks. That has already been cited.

Edit: Why let my my misspelling of Faucet’s name bother you. Trump and his supporters are given endearing names all the time because those doing it have no respect for them.
No more time for this BS. The house committee hearing on 1-6 is beginning now. Have a real nice day.

Just from a personal side, I listened to what the docs and scientists were saying from the beginning. I got my masks and used them religiously as well as adhered to the other social guidelines. I made my own conclusions and they seemed to have worked well. No Covid here. I then continued listening and got both by vaccinations back in March and April.

All my informed decisions have been based on the science coming from the CDC and NIH (Fauci), not from Trump sycophants and the like. You see where our country is heading right now for listening to Trumpers and Fox.
I likewise followed the advice of experts. Wore a mask very early on even before it was a thing because both my wife and I are in the compromised category. She with lung cancer and I with diabetes and heart disease. But I also recognize when a so-called expert in the field of infectious diseases is lying to us and because he chose to lie over giving it to us straight I cannot respect him as a scientist.

Fauci's job is not to play God with the lives of 330 million Americans. Withholding information and making misleading statements regarding how Americans should conduct themselves in the middle of a pandemic is frankly, immoral. HIS job is to report the facts and offer as much information as his staff can confirm as reliable. He did not do that. He actually knowingly advised the opposite of what the public should do to protect themselves. That is - by an y definition - immoral behavior. Thanks!!
I stand by my assertion that more lives would have been lost if medical personnel did not have access to masks. Panic buying of masks would have made a bad situation worse.

It's kinda hard to discuss Fauci's 'entire' involvement with COVID, without also discussing Trump's involvement regarding COVID.. I'll let you figure out as to why.
Whataboutism is frowned upon by many members here at DP. Are you promoting it?

I likewise followed the advice of experts. Wore a mask very early on even before it was a thing because both my wife and I are in the compromised category. She with lung cancer and I with diabetes and heart disease. But I also recognize when a so-called expert in the field of infectious diseases is lying to us and because he chose to lie over giving it to us straight I cannot respect him as a scientist.
So, what's your take on Trump's lies about covid? Why do you excuse them or ignore them?

I stand by my assertion that more lives would have been lost if medical personnel did not have access to masks. Panic buying of masks would have made a bad situation worse.
That’s not the role of a scientist to determine. His role is to inform the politician and let them frame policy.

Would you dispute my assertion that had people hoarded masks medical professionals would not have had access to them, therefore costing more loss of life. That is not partisan, nor emotion, but simple fact.
It isn't a fact, it's supposition. Supposition based upon an emotional reaction to wanting to protect your guy for making the decision he did.

I am not here telling you that you are wrong, or right, so you don't need to jump into a defensive posture but the sooner we recognize that all these subjective arguments that are had here do exactly jack and shit about healing the divide in this country the sooner we can shitcan the division and hopefully move toward a better future.

did he choose to or was he forced to stay silent? Seems to me that the Trump administration forbid him from giving it to us straight...

So, what's your take on Trump's lies about covid? Why do you excuse them or ignore them?
Not gonna accommodate you for reasons already stated.

did he choose to or was he forced to stay silent? Seems to me that the Trump administration forbid him from giving it to us straight...
Then he should have resigned.

That’s not the role of a scientist to determine. His role is to inform the politician and let them frame policy.
Thanks for making my case as to why it's hard to not discuss the COVID pandemic without mentioning both Fauci and Trump.

"[Covid] affects virtually nobody. It's an amazing thing," Donald Trump.

Trump supporters genuflect. No rage.

No gain of function. --Dr. Fauci.

Much rage, because they found an expert somewhere who disagrees.

I don’t even understand their arguments over Fauci and covid. They insisted it was a hoax. They insisted it wasnt a big deal. They insisted nothing works…after promising us 15 cases going to zero.

Again, no one is questioning your 'assertion' about your feelings. Your feelings are you own, but they can be interpreted differently so they are not given a true or false grade. For you, TRUE, for others, FALSE.

Neither one is better than the other.

Back
Top Bottom