• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sen. Joe Lieberman: Saddam Had WMD Programs

ANAV

Reaction score
Finally a Democrat who stands by his vote for the Authorization of Force in Iraq and who has faith in our military ability to finish the job. I wish more had the guts he did and would stop political grandstanding.

"[Saddam] was trying to break out of the U.N. sanctions by going back into rapid redevelopment of chemical and biological and probably nuclear [weapons]," Lieberman said, calling the Iraqi dictator "a ticking time bomb."

"I have no regrets" that the U.S. toppled Saddam, the former vice presidential candidate explained. "I think we can finish are job there, and as part of it - really transform the Arab-Islamic world."

I applaud you Joe, now go explain to Murtha that our military can do the job.

ANAV said:
Finally a Democrat who stands by his vote for the Authorization of Force in Iraq and who has faith in our military ability to finish the job. I wish more had the guts he did and would stop political grandstanding.

"[Saddam] was trying to break out of the U.N. sanctions by going back into rapid redevelopment of chemical and biological and probably nuclear [weapons]," Lieberman said, calling the Iraqi dictator "a ticking time bomb."

"I have no regrets" that the U.S. toppled Saddam, the former vice presidential candidate explained. "I think we can finish are job there, and as part of it - really transform the Arab-Islamic world."

I forgot the link http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/12/2/132602.shtml

I applaud you Joe, now go explain to Murtha that our military can do the job

Er. . .good for him. How does that prove anything? He's just saying the same thing that Republicans have been saying forever. And I don't care if he is a democrat, I don't like either party anyways.

LOL The obsession you all have with pointing out that democrats thought that Saddam had WMDs is kind of sad. It proves nothing.

FinnMacCool said:
Er. . .good for him. How does that prove anything? He's just saying the same thing that Republicans have been saying forever. And I don't care if he is a democrat, I don't like either party anyways.

It proves nothing at all. Just refreshing to hear a Democrat defy his party, stand by his vote, and be honest with himself. That may be misplaced honesty but a least he takes a stance and does no flip flop his beliefs for political gain.

ANAV said:
It proves nothing at all. Just refreshing to hear a Democrat defy his party, stand by his vote, and be honest with himself. That may be misplaced honesty but a least he takes a stance and does no flip flop his beliefs for political gain.

So say ANAV that you get married and you promise to be with this person forever. During your marriage, you find out your spouse was unfaithful to you. You decide to divorce your spouse, but remember you promised to be with this person through thick and thin.

Are you flip flopping? Yeah, I didn't think so. When you change your opinion because the facts before you change, that is not flip flopping.

aps said:
So say ANAV that you get married and you promise to be with this person forever. During your marriage, you find out your spouse was unfaithful to you.

Welcome to my world.

aps said:
Are you flip flopping? Yeah, I didn't think so. When you change your opinion because the facts before you change, that is not flip flopping.

The intelligence never changed.

ANAV said:
Welcome to my world.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

The intelligence never changed.

Yes it did. You assumed that this person was trustworthy. Many of the members in Congress did not think that Bush would exaggerate the intelligence. I am guessing that it never occurred to them. They now feel betrayed, as do many Americans.

aps said:
LOL The obsession you all have with pointing out that democrats thought that Saddam had WMDs is kind of sad. It proves nothing.
Dude you can't even keep up with what the Democrats said 5 years ago?

ANAV said:

So then where are they? Weapon inspectors didn't find any, We didn't find any

Oh I know! They borrowed Harry Potter's Invisible cloak!

Duh!

Back
Top Bottom