• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle bartender outraged over no bail release of violent suspect

A bartender in Seattle is outraged that the man accused of slashing her in the face was let out of jail by a judge on the promise he’ll show up for his next court date.

Surveillance video captured the brutality of that attack and Felicite Ogilvy questions her safety knowing the man arrested is back on the streets.

The attack happened in late December when the mandate to check proof of COVID-19 vaccination took a violent turn at Joe’s Bar and Grill. A man who didn't have his card was told to leave by Ogilvy, who was bartending that night. However, instead that man lashed out and hit Ogilvy in the face with a stick that had a sharp piece of metal attached to one end.

Ogilvy has undergone surgery and is scheduled for more to help heal the wound that initially required 31 sutures to close up.

I can certainly understand her outrage. There’s no ration reason for this guy to be out without bail.
Bail, or even non-bail, is granted when the judge determines that the defendant is neither a flight risk nor a threat to public safety. So rather than focusing on the crime, I would be more interested in the arguments used to convince the judge to grant release pending trial.

A bartender in Seattle is outraged that the man accused of slashing her in the face was let out of jail by a judge on the promise he’ll show up for his next court date.

Surveillance video captured the brutality of that attack and Felicite Ogilvy questions her safety knowing the man arrested is back on the streets.

The attack happened in late December when the mandate to check proof of COVID-19 vaccination took a violent turn at Joe’s Bar and Grill. A man who didn't have his card was told to leave by Ogilvy, who was bartending that night. However, instead that man lashed out and hit Ogilvy in the face with a stick that had a sharp piece of metal attached to one end.

Ogilvy has undergone surgery and is scheduled for more to help heal the wound that initially required 31 sutures to close up.

I can certainly understand her outrage. There’s no ration reason for this guy to be out without bail.
The Judge should be immediately disbarred...

Bail, or even non-bail, is granted when the judge determines that the defendant is neither a flight risk nor a threat to public safety. So rather than focusing on the crime, I would be more interested in the arguments used to convince the judge to grant release pending trial.
It is Seattle... basically one step better than the shithole of San Francisco. That is what Judges and Politicians do... let criminals off with a hug.

Bail should be reasonable for the crime and the likelihood the suspect will flee. This case warranted bail, in my opinion.
I dont agree. He is accused of slashing someone in the face. A danger to society. No bail.

Here is the nice guy, Marques Echols age 38 of Seattle Washington in action.

5SVCIONEBJHAHB6LJVGB4HWQC4.jpg
Sure looks like a lethal weapon.

Black suspect, so I'm guessing maybe a Black judge who didn't require bail. That would fit the narrative.

Back
Top Bottom