• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Science says guys stealing womens trophy's are arsholes.

Thank you for admitting defeat.
What do you think voters will be more concerned about this November? Republicans taking away their health care and bodily autonomy, or a transgender winning a trophy?

What do you think voters will be more concerned about this November? Republicans taking away their health care and bodily autonomy, or a transgender winning a trophy?
The border.

And again, neither of those considerations (the relative rarity of the events, and the insincerity - as you assume - of its critics) have anything at all to do with whether it's fair.
No, the considerations Ive pointed out are that its a tiny problem and that the people who obsess about it are pretty transparently just transphobic.

Except if you have a daughter that could be affected by this. I do.

Assumptions are never a good basis of argument.
Your daughter could also be affected by an athlete with a hyperactive pituitary that would cause injury. And thats just as likely.

But you're not up in arms about that.

Why? Because my assumption about you just really being transphobic is probably spot on.

Trans athletes are statistically insignificant in sports.
Like murders, as long as it isn't you killed (or affected) then it's honkey dory.

You can stop using this fallacy whenever you wish.
Its not going to accelerate. Who is telling you that it will? You seem to wrongly believe that cisgender males transition just to win at women's sports because its easier.
You can't say that. I can't either, however what it will do is affect some non-zero number of girls getting scholarships, or winning at a particular sport.
Conservatives always need something to feel and a minority to hate to make themselves feel alive.
Irrelevance.
Frank Wilhoit.

And if your daughter or son is transgender?
If so, then what? Do you expect my argument to change?
That applies to yours equally.
Good thing I haven't assumed anything then eh.

Your daughter could also be affected by an athlete with a hyperactive pituitary that would cause injury. And thats just as likely.
Do we have athletes with hyperactive pituitary promoting themselves into gender specific roles?
But you're not up in arms about that.
Is that what is under discussion. Why do you bring up irrelevant things to try and justify your stance. Simply support your position, no other justification is necessary after that.
Why? Because my assumption about you just really being transphobic is probably spot on.
Another wrong assumption, but have at it brotha.

No, the considerations Ive pointed out are that its a tiny problem and that the people who obsess about it are pretty transparently just transphobic.

Well, no need to go around and around.

I'll point out - just once more - that the frequency of the occurrences have no bearing at all on whether they are fair or not.

And the "transphobic" thing is just a weak ad hominem. I pointed out in my first post on this that I want to see trans people get all the respect, compassion, and support they deserve as human beings. If that's "transphobic", I'm wondering how.

But more to the point, it doesn't matter one bit to the argument whether someone who points out the unfairness is "transphobic", or against women's rights (as another poster holds). The person making the argument, and your opinions about their motives is completely irrelevant. What matters is the facts and the logic behind it, which not one single person on here has challenged, resorting instead to ad hominems and appeals to rarity or priority.

If a plumber comes to your house and shows you water stains on your ceiling, you might claim that the plumber is just a Nazi, or that they don't really care about your house, or (slightly more realistic) that he or she just wants your money. In fact, none of that matters. What matters is that it looks like you might have a leak. It's either true or it's not, regardless of your opinion about the consistency or the character of the person who points it out.

Well, no need to go around and around.

I'll point out - just once more - that the frequency of the occurrences have no bearing at all on whether they are fair or not.

And the "transphobic" thing is just a weak ad hominem. I pointed out in my first post on this that I want to see trans people get all the respect, compassion, and support they deserve as human beings. If that's "transphobic", I'm wondering how.

But more to the point, it doesn't matter one bit to the argument whether someone who points out the unfairness is "transphobic", or against women's rights (as another poster holds). The person making the argument, and your opinions about their motives is completely irrelevant. What matters is the facts and the logic behind it, which not one single person on here has challenged, resorting instead to ad hominems and appeals to rarity or priority.

If a plumber comes to your house and shows you water stains on your ceiling, you might claim that the plumber is just a Nazi, or that they don't really care about your house, or (slightly more realistic) that he or she just wants your money. In fact, none of that matters. What matters is that it looks like you might have a leak. It's either true or it's not, regardless of your opinion about the consistency or the character of the person who points it out.
Its such a miniscule issue, I wonder why we dont spend ten times the effort looking at a more substantial issue - suicide among transgender youth who are marginalized and wouldnt even consider playing youth sports because of it. But around here, all I see is threads whining about who gets sportsball trophies.

The border.
The GOP had a border deal and threw it away because they are more interested in stirring the pot with their xenophobic voters than actually addressing the problems.

What is is about immigrants that you find such a problem? Is it the supposed racial issue, the lies that they take welfare money and vote, crimes, the lie that they take your jobs or are they just someone who is different from you to hate?

Frankly, I'd rather have an immigrant than a MAGA as a neighbor.

The border.
Nah, Republicans don't get to complain about that anymore. I mean...you can complain of course (and you always will!), but everybody will just ignore you.

So are you going to say that someone like Caitlin Clark, who is absolutely dominating women's basketball, shouldnt be playing because its unfair women have to play against her?

Only if she's really a biological male. If not, let her play and break sports records if that's what she wants to do.

Right now, from what i've seen, she's the Michael Jordan of Women's Basketball. Note i didn't say "LeBron James", because she isn't acting like a primadonna.

At least by implication

"Sports face the uncomfortable reality that the inclusion of transgender women in female sports categories cannot be reconciled with fairness, and in some instances safety, for females in athletic sports."

Its mind blowing that we need experts to tell us this.
They need to create a special catagory for trans athletes. They has catagories for paraOlympics. It's not impossible.

Those transgenders who insist on playing on cisgender teams (and who occasionally injure fellow players) will, I am hoping, get their comeuppance in some form.
Such as? What do you have in mind for "comeuppance"?

What a dichotomy for the left. They claim to support women's rights while at the same time letting men take over women's sports.
Not true at all. Give them a specific catagory for competition. It's doable.

The highlighted word is where you get hung up.

It has never been about just ANY guy. Its about TONS of guys who would absolutely crush Caitlin Clark, by not allowing her to get a shot off no matter how good a shooter she is simply because they are stronger, faster, jump higher etc.

And she is the best woman in women's basketball right now. It would not take anywhere near the best mens basketball player to do that to her.
The best mens basketball player? Sure....but what about the 1000s of men who are not as athletically inclined?

What a dichotomy for the left. They claim to support women's rights while at the same time letting men take over women's sports.
I don’t even know why this is an issue. You can be respectful but firm.

Decisions made in life open and close doors for you.

At least by implication

"Sports face the uncomfortable reality that the inclusion of transgender women in female sports categories cannot be reconciled with fairness, and in some instances safety, for females in athletic sports."

Its mind blowing that we need experts to tell us this.
Once again, the powers that be have skillfully managed to pit people against each other over such trivial issues, effectively diverting attention from the major concerns that grip the entire American population. I must give them credit; it’s fascinating to watch "peasant masses" on both sides engage in such blood sports only to win breadcrumbs!

Meanwhile, critical discussions on topics such as gender equality, gender segregation, fair wage issues, discrimination, the right to body autonomy, and many more are being sidelined. We find ourselves pointing fingers and grappling with an issue that affects a mere 0.0001% of the population.

Bravo indeed!

Diving Mullah

Once again, the powers that be have skillfully managed to pit people against each other over such trivial issues, effectively diverting attention from the major concerns that grip the entire American population. I must give them credit; it’s fascinating to watch "peasant masses" on both sides engage in such blood sports only to win breadcrumbs!

Meanwhile, critical discussions on topics such as gender equality, gender segregation, fair wage issues, discrimination, the right to body autonomy, and many more are being sidelined.
Sorry these^ are trivial issues.

It may be thousands. Why make false accusations?
A couple dozen at the collegiate level. If you assume somewhere about 1 in 12 HS athletes play in college, that’s AT MOST- about 350 HS, and given that about half are female to male, that leaves about 150 athletes.

Out of 3 million or so in 23k high schools.

That’s like a one in 150 chance your local high school has a trans athlete playing in men’s sports.

Scary?

A couple dozen at the collegiate level. If you assume somewhere about 1 in 12 HS athletes play in college, that’s AT MOST- about 350 HS, and given that about half are female to male, that leaves about 150 athletes.

Out of 3 million or so in 23k high schools.

That’s like a one in 150 chance your local high school has a trans athlete playing in men’s sports.

Scary?
perhaps. But the link I gave estimated it's .5%

That is several thousand.

But it's not all that relevant to me either way

I am generally open-minded when it comes to trans rights with three exceptions:

- no men in women's sports
- men should not use women's bathrooms
- no gender reassignment until the age of 18

Back
Top Bottom